Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I have almost no interest in any of the bottom 4 guys. To me, it's one of the first 5 names or draft someone and sit them behind Foles. Or sign Fitzpatrick if you really think he'll do much better than Foles, whatever. Would personally prefer we spend the extra money on other needs at that point though.
    Am I the only one who thinks Ryan would be a mistake the way the OL is. I mean He surely is better than Foles.... But He is almost as immobile and we saw the problems it caused.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I hope Trey Lance falls to 20.....Otherwise I'd trade for Watson........But he will be more costly then Mack! The fact that both Pace and Nagy are on their last contract year tells me he will go the trade route.......For what it's worth I blame Pace a lot more then Nagy for this mess!!

I really do not want Ryan, Carr ,Prescott, Stafford and some other's mentioned earlier except Watson. But again he will cost a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Ryan would be a mistake the way the OL is. I mean He surely is better than Foles.... But He is almost as immobile and we saw the problems it caused.
    I think the OL will be addressed and be a real point of emphasis. I think Whitehair, Daniels, and to a lesser extent, Leno are locks. Bears could then draft an OT in the 1st to replace Massie, and then bring in another rookie mid round C to compete with Mustipher. Leno/Cody/Mustipher or rookie/Daniels/1st round pick

That line is more than functional

Also lol at "surely better than Foles" is the understatement of the year. Ryan is a top 10ish QB. Foles is a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I think the OL will be addressed and be a real point of emphasis. I think Whitehair, Daniels, and to a lesser extent, Leno are locks. Bears could then draft an OT in the 1st to replace Massie, and then bring in another rookie mid round C to compete with Mustipher. Leno/Cody/Mustipher or rookie/Daniels/1st round pick

That line is more than functional
    I also think this notion that less mobile QBs can't get by with poor offensive line play is wrong. Not being very mobile are about the only ways that Foles and Ryan can be compared. As passers, and in the pocket, Ryan is obviously superior. He's been around 10+ years and even his performance last year would likely be the best from a Bears' QB ever (not that that's the measuring stick, of course, but you get the point). Also, FWIW, Profootballfocus and Football Outsiders both favor the Bears' line to Atlanta's this year, particularly in pass blocking metrics.

And agreed on adding a center. They come cheaper than most pieces on the line and there's plenty of them available. Would love to snag Linsley from GB.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 01-13-2021 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I hope Trey Lance falls to 20.....Otherwise I'd trade for Watson........But he will be more costly then Mack! The fact that both Pace and Nagy are on their last contract year tells me he will go the trade route.......For what it's worth I blame Pace a lot more then Nagy for this mess!!
    No way Pace drafts Lance. He's at least 2-3 years away from starting. Pace and Nagy will be fired by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    So. What are your guys's ranks for QB you think can legitimacy be had . And lets assume that drafting one is off the table because of the timeline Pace and Nagy have to get things done.

Ill go first

1) Dak Prescott (cost a 1st and 2nd). I know some may want watson over prescott. But IM assuming you can get Dak for almost 1/2 of what you could need for Watson. And I Like Watson but it just feels similar to Jay to me once you trade the future for him. Dak is nearly as good and you can probably get him cheaper due to contract disputes and the injury he is coming off of
    2) Watson (cost two 1st plus )- You cant deny Watson is great. Getting him means you lock up a QB for years at least.
    3) Mathew Stafford (cost a 1st ) - I think this one is not an option due to being in division but Stafford IMO could honestly be argued to be the best QB in this list. He constantly gets it done with no defense... no help... he is just a baller.
    4) Derrick Carr (cost a 2nd) Some may put Ryan here. Ryan is old though meaning you have to develop somebody soon. Carr is at least capable. on a cheaper contract and can probably be had for close to what ryan would.
    5) Matt Ryan (cost a 2nd)- Ryan is probably the 3rd best QB on this list but his age scares me meaning we would have to quickly start developing a QB (which we have been shown to do so well with this FO) But Ryan can move the ball at least but he like foles is a statue back there.
    6) Alex Smith (cost a 3rd) - I know I am kinda the Alex Smith guy but he looked good enough for Washington to make me think he could at least bridge us to our next QB.
    7) Jimmy Garoppolo (cost a 4th to free)- Basically he would be cheap right. I dont think he would be great but he is at least capable IMO.
    8) Carson Wentz (5th to free basically if they could get his contract off I think they do it)- Basically anyone who wants Wentz actually believes that Nagy can get out of him what Pederson could not? Give me a break. his contract is a hell hole you would have to absorb.
    9) Fitzpatrick (free) This one to me should not even make the list. This feels like Foles all over again. he is a career fringe starter who constantly gets benched. and this guy is going to save Nagy and Foles. Come on. And I get it if you want it because you dont want to trade a ton for a QB to saves these **** holes. But Fitzpatrick is no a real option IMO.
    What world is this?
    Prescott costing just a 1st and 2nd? Nope.
    Watson 2 first plus++ is realistic.
    Stafford a 1st+ is realistic on a trade in division but not guna happen.
    Carr for a 2nd? Don't get why people think he's available, or for that price. The Raiders are just guna trade a solid starter for a 2nd and enter a period of no QB? What's this logic?
    Matt Ryan. There's no signal he's available. Just a 2nd? There'd be 15 teams lined up for that which is why that value is way too low.
    Alex Smith? A 3rd? He's going to get released, no teams paying that.
    Jimmy G. 4th to free? What world are we in? Maybe they cut him in some weird world. They've won at something like 80% when he starts and they have no one to replace him.
    Wentz for a 5th? Wtf. We just paid a 4th for Nick Foles. Not reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Quinn had his best season with him too.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I have almost no interest in any of the bottom 4 guys. To me, it's one of the first 5 names or draft someone and sit them behind Foles. Or sign Fitzpatrick if you really think he'll do much better than Foles, whatever. Would personally prefer we spend the extra money on other needs at that point though.
    Agreed although I'd easily put Ryan over Carr imo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Might as well go with Rodgers. Already in house, knows the personnel and is a Fangio disciple

For Anyone that missed today's press conference; here's a quick recap:

https://kapwi.ng/c/FxwLYSrn

For me it's Ryan 1A, and Carr 1B.

Obviously, I'd love Watson but I don't think the Texas are going to trade him and if they do...I don't see how they trade a 25 year old QB on a HoF trajectory for anything less than 3 1st rounders, and likely even more. Those guys simply do not become available that early on in their career. You could legitimately say, Watson hasn't hit his peak yet. To put it simply, I just don't see him being traded.

Ryan could fit because he wouldn't cost as much as some other guys. Especially say, trading multiple 1sts to trade up in the draft to select a QB scouted by Pace and developed by Nagy? Yeah, no thanks.

Matt Ryan at the very least, should get the offense to a top 15ish level. With Goldman coming back, a new DC, and likely a couple of new additions as well, that's a team that could compete.

Draft a developmental guy this season in maybe the 3rd or 5th round. Then re-evaluate the position after the season.

Carr would basically do the same thing as Ryan, and has the same pros. Just....to a lesser degree than Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    No way Pace drafts Lance. He's at least 2-3 years away from starting. Pace and Nagy will be fired by then.
    A couple of things....They are all (QB's) 2-3 years away when drafted with a very few exceptions. But today they are expected to play right away....Secondly this is the McCaskey's they fire people very reluctantly, only when it's WAY to late...

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    The question is can we get Watson without giving up so much that we can't fill up this team.

We still have holes in:

OT
    LB
    Nickel
    and just general depth, especially behind the aforementioned LB.
    Yeah I mean thatís where you kinda trust Paceís mid to late round ability. Iíd prefer to just get the top QB above all else though. Nothing matters without that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast