Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 336 of 337 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337 LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 5046
  1. #5026
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    10,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    It would be interesting to think how evergthing turns out though had Aaron rodgers news not broken and the broncos took fields. You have to wonder of the bears do go all in on Mac..... Or if we would be sitting here with foles and Dalton.
    We woulda took Mac im Sure

  2. #5027
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    6,310
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    We woulda took Mac im Sure
    And I would have been pleased with Mac. The man is going to be #1QB for a long time. But I am still very happy with Fields.
    Screw sabermetics.

  3. #5028
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,755
    Ogletree may end up our best FA signing. Guy has like 7 picks in a single week of practice.

  4. #5029
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Ogletree may end up our best FA signing. Guy has like 7 picks in a single week of practice.
    Ogletree has been a mediocre player his entire career. I don't hate him, he's fine as a depth guy, and it's cool he's played well in practice, but I really don't think it indicates he's going to have some miraculous turnaround in his career all of a sudden at age 30.

    Anyway, not hard to be our best FA signing considering we didn't really sign hardly anyone else (my money would be on Damiere Byrd or Godwin if he stays healthy, personally), but yeah. I wouldn't expect him to be any kind of positive contributor to the team this season is the point.

  5. #5030
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,755
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Ogletree has been a mediocre player his entire career. I don't hate him, he's fine as a depth guy, and it's cool he's played well in practice, but I really don't think it indicates he's going to have some miraculous turnaround in his career all of a sudden at age 30.

    Anyway, not hard to be our best FA signing considering we didn't really sign hardly anyone else (my money would be on Damiere Byrd or Godwin if he stays healthy, personally), but yeah. I wouldn't expect him to be any kind of positive contributor to the team this season is the point.
    Well considerong Trevathans age and decline (especially as a pass defender) having somebody that seems capable of pushing him is not a bad thing.

  6. #5031
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    30,266
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Ogletree has been a mediocre player his entire career. I don't hate him, he's fine as a depth guy, and it's cool he's played well in practice, but I really don't think it indicates he's going to have some miraculous turnaround in his career all of a sudden at age 30.

    Anyway, not hard to be our best FA signing considering we didn't really sign hardly anyone else (my money would be on Damiere Byrd or Godwin if he stays healthy, personally), but yeah. I wouldn't expect him to be any kind of positive contributor to the team this season is the point.
    Maybe he'll pull an amobi okoye and turn out to be pretty solid lol

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  7. #5032
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    52,747

    2021 Bears Off Season thread

    Forgot he made all pro 2nd team before

  8. #5033
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,846
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Maybe he'll pull an amobi okoye and turn out to be pretty solid lol

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Okoye was 24 and in his 4th season when he joined the Bears. Was also playing out of position with the Texans before he came to Chicago IIRC.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 08-08-2021 at 09:00 PM.

  9. #5034
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,755
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Okoye was 24 and in his 4th season when he joined the Bears. Was also playing out of position with the Texans before he came to Chicago IIRC.
    Unsure why okoye was brought up but also not sure why Ogletree is as disrespected as he is. Maybe because he has been a Free agent.... Or maybe because he was a former 1st round pick so expectations were higher. Or maybe because he played for the jets and was hurt most of last year. Idk

    But which player would you rather have

    Player A


    9 seasons
    112 games
    93 started
    494 solo Tackles
    228 assisted
    24 QB Hits
    29 TFL
    10 Sacks
    7 Forced fumbles
    3 Fumble recoveries
    8 Interceptions
    1 TD

    Or

    Player B

    8 seasons
    95 games
    94 started
    476 solo Tackles
    203 assisted
    18 QB Hits
    44 TFL
    7.5 Sacks
    12 Forced fumbles
    2 Fumble recoveries
    12 Interceptions
    4 TD

    I think there is surely an argument to be had player B might be better. Especially with 1 less year of playing time he probably ends up with better stats for most of the close areas (solo and assisted Tackles)

    I in no way think that he is surely starting over Danny.... But it sure seems like he is the most capable of competing for that spot and based on his practices so far may actually win that LB2 Job.

    And BTW.... The comparison. Yes player A is trevathan. Player B is Ogletree. I really think this could be a nice steel of a signing. Especially when trevathan showed his age last year.



    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  10. #5035
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    26,528
    Olgetree is solid. Classic example of why I would have never paid Danny T though. Every year you can find a second fiddle LB that is a solid contributor for little to no money.

  11. #5036
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    46,395
    We should be unhappy that we've thrown so many picks on dumpoff passes lol

  12. #5037
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,481

    2021 Bears Off Season thread

    Wrong thread

  13. #5038
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    46,395
    Nagurski was different from almost everyone he played with or against. Sid Luckman, once his quarterback on the Bears, said his rival Sammy Baugh told him Nagurski was the most powerful human being he ever encountered.

    He was 6-foot-2, 235 pounds in an era when the average lineman weighed 210. His neck, size 22, had the girth of some of the logs he used to chop. When the Pro Football Hall of Fame presented him with a ring upon his induction in their charter class of 1963, it was a size 19.5 still the largest ring ever made for a Hall of Famer.
    From The Athletic

  14. #5039
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Unsure why okoye was brought up but also not sure why Ogletree is as disrespected as he is. Maybe because he has been a Free agent.... Or maybe because he was a former 1st round pick so expectations were higher. Or maybe because he played for the jets and was hurt most of last year. Idk

    But which player would you rather have

    Player A


    9 seasons
    112 games
    93 started
    494 solo Tackles
    228 assisted
    24 QB Hits
    29 TFL
    10 Sacks
    7 Forced fumbles
    3 Fumble recoveries
    8 Interceptions
    1 TD

    Or

    Player B

    8 seasons
    95 games
    94 started
    476 solo Tackles
    203 assisted
    18 QB Hits
    44 TFL
    7.5 Sacks
    12 Forced fumbles
    2 Fumble recoveries
    12 Interceptions
    4 TD

    I think there is surely an argument to be had player B might be better. Especially with 1 less year of playing time he probably ends up with better stats for most of the close areas (solo and assisted Tackles)

    I in no way think that he is surely starting over Danny.... But it sure seems like he is the most capable of competing for that spot and based on his practices so far may actually win that LB2 Job.

    And BTW.... The comparison. Yes player A is trevathan. Player B is Ogletree. I really think this could be a nice steel of a signing. Especially when trevathan showed his age last year.



    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Don't really care about linebacker statistics. I think it's pretty obvious who anyone will tell you has had the far better career/has had the better career. At this exact moment in time, they probably are similarly skilled, or more precisely, lacking skill.

  15. #5040
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    26,528
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Don't really care about linebacker statistics. I think it's pretty obvious who anyone will tell you has had the far better career/has had the better career. At this exact moment in time, they probably are similarly skilled, or more precisely, lacking skill.
    Think Ogletree is likely more useful at this stage bc his coverage skills are superior. Moot anyway bc of DT's guaranteed money. I will say I like him as a backup. No doubt he'd get a lot of snaps bc of injury.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •