Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 280 of 304 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 4549
    And yeah Wilson showed again in his Pro day his arm is ridiculous. He is the only guy in the draft that could turn into a Rodgers/Mahomes if he gets in the right situation. His main issues are his slight frame and lack of experience.

1.Lawrence
    2.Wilson
    3. Fields
    4. Jones
    5. Lance

Imo

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    And yeah Wilson showed again in his Pro day his arm is ridiculous. He is the only guy in the draft that could turn into a Rodgers/Mahomes if he gets in the right situation. His main issues are his slight frame and lack of experience.

1.Lawrence
    2.Wilson
    3. Fields
    4. Jones
    5. Lance

Imo
    This feels right. I think you can make an argument that Lance can be above Jones, really based on upside and not much else, but that's probably how I'd rank them too.

I just always find it funny that people put out these bs narratives about fields and when I bring statistics or other concrete evidence to refute said narratives it is because I'm biased. Or maybe it's because he put together two elite CFB seasons, has elite physical traits, and is a smart, high character character kid. It's almost like people on this board have never heard of misinformation being spread in the lead up to the draft so a guy will fall to a certain team. And the comparisons to mitch just stop it lol its a joke.
    Ok, well here's stats that say Fields sucks at processing.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-...p-qb-prospects

"He struggled against defenses that threw blitzes and coverage rotations — specifically, Indiana in 2020 and Clemson in the 2019 College Football Playoff semifinal. Those were the only two instances where Fields saw a blitz combined with a post-snap rotation on more than 10 dropbacks in a game in his college career, and he posted a 48.5 passing grade on such plays in those outings.

On those same plays across the entirety of the 2019 and 2020 seasons, Fields ranks second-to-last among quarterbacks on this list in PFF passing grade. And against blitzes overall, Fields has the longest time to throw among FBS quarterbacks in that span (3.08 seconds)."

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2...cessing-speed/

"there was one team who has broken down all of Justin Fields’ passes in 2020. They said that just seven times, he looked off the primary target. The other 200+ passes he threw to his primary target.”

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/stat...47582397440001

"Justin Fields hold the ball longer than almost any QB in the Draft.

His 3.1 second avg time to throw is the 3rd slowest in his class."

He can diagnose pre snap coverages fine.... but you throw wrinkles into the mix with blitzes and rolling coverages post snap and he crumbles because he can't read the field.... then holds the ball and plays worse...

This is why I say he's better version of Trubisky.... athletic as hell, a live arm, and has all the physical tools (just like mitch, but better across the board), but also like Mitch, he struggles vs coverage (though I will give Fields credit that he is at least WAY above Mitch at reading PRESNAP coverages).

Mac Jones lacks the physical tools, but his game shows much more from a mental standpoint, imo.
    Last edited by Epyon; 04-10-2021 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    Ok, well here's stats that say Fields sucks at processing.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-...p-qb-prospects

"He struggled against defenses that threw blitzes and coverage rotations — specifically, Indiana in 2020 and Clemson in the 2019 College Football Playoff semifinal. Those were the only two instances where Fields saw a blitz combined with a post-snap rotation on more than 10 dropbacks in a game in his college career, and he posted a 48.5 passing grade on such plays in those outings.

On those same plays across the entirety of the 2019 and 2020 seasons, Fields ranks second-to-last among quarterbacks on this list in PFF passing grade. And against blitzes overall, Fields has the longest time to throw among FBS quarterbacks in that span (3.08 seconds)."

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2...cessing-speed/

"there was one team who has broken down all of Justin Fields’ passes in 2020. They said that just seven times, he looked off the primary target. The other 200+ passes he threw to his primary target.”

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/stat...47582397440001

"Justin Fields hold the ball longer than almost any QB in the Draft.

His 3.1 second avg time to throw is the 3rd slowest in his class."

He can diagnose pre snap coverages fine.... but you throw wrinkles into the mix with blitzes and rolling coverages post snap and he crumbles because he can't read the field.... then holds the ball and plays worse...

This is why I say he's better version of Trubisky.... athletic as hell, a live arm, and has all the physical tools (just like mitch, but better across the board), but also like Mitch, he struggles vs coverage (though I will give Fields credit that he is at least WAY above Mitch at reading PRESNAP coverages).

Mac Jones lacks the physical tools, but his game shows much more from a mental standpoint, imo.
    So he struggled against Clemson then came back the next year and shredded that same defense. I think that says way more than struggling against Clemson and Indiana both of whom were top 10 defenses when Fields played them. I just think it's a false narrative that is unfortunately partially to do with the fact he's a Black QB which is ridiculous. I would bet on Fields getting better at reading defenses more than I would Mac succeeding in an environment where he has to play with average talent around him which is the reality for most teams drafting in the top 10. Mac's ceiling is Kirk Cousins. I'm not taking a guy in the top 3 that has poor athleticism and an average at best arm. I don't see any upside with that move.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

And as far as how long it takes him to throw I've said this over and over most of that has to do with him looking for deep throws. You have to allow deep routes time to come open and Fields is one of the better deep ball throwers in college. He also looks to extend a lot of plays. I don't necessarily take the long time from snap to throw as a negative. He just has to be coached up that you can't always look for the big play. I don't think it's that he doesn't see the field well.

"It seemed to me that the longer the play went, the more Fields could get himself in trouble by letting things fall apart. Last season, per Pro Football Focus, when Fields had less than 2.5 seconds from the snap to the throw, he completed 75 of 96 passes for 676 yards, six touchdowns, and no interceptions. With 2.5 seconds or more, he completed 83 of 130 passes for 1,422 yards, 16 touchdowns, and all six of his interceptions. The jump in yards per attempt from 7.0 to 10.9 on the other side of the 2.5 second scale will tell you that the longer the play went, the more Fields was prone to testing defenses deep, and that will generally result in a decrease in efficiency and an increase in turnovers."

That is from the article you posted basically stating it's not that he doesn't process or see the field he's too greedy. That is a coaching issue not a football iq issue.
    Last edited by GeorgiaBear; 04-11-2021 at 01:18 AM.

So he struggled against Clemson then came back the next year and shredded that same defense. I think that says way more than struggling against Clemson and Indiana both of whom were top 10 defenses when Fields played them. I just think it's a false narrative that is unfortunately partially to do with the fact he's a Black QB which is ridiculous. I would bet on Fields getting better at reading defenses more than I would Mac succeeding in an environment where he has to play with average talent around him which is the reality for most teams drafting in the top 10. Mac's ceiling is Kirk Cousins. I'm not taking a guy in the top 3 that has poor athleticism and an average at best arm. I don't see any upside with that move.
    Technically, Mac's ceiling is Tom Brady because he's an unathletic white guy that looks terrible in his underwear

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Technically, Mac's ceiling is Tom Brady because he's an unathletic white guy that looks terrible in his underwear
    Or Drew Brees, or most of Peyton Manning's career.

That's obviously not to remotely claim Mac Jones is or ever will be those guys..... but brains > athleticism at the QB position provided the guy meets the minimums to do the job, and Mac Jones does.... and his tape shows he's a hell of a lot closer on the mental side than Field's tape has, imo...

Mac Jones is QB3 in this draft.... and it's not particularly close... I'd be much more worried about us trading the farm for a running back like Trey Lance or "Trubisky 2.0" in Fields (all the physical talent in the world, but the kid reads the field about as well as Mitch did)..... You just can't fix a busted processor.

So he's nothing like Mitch (in terms of pre snap reads)

Mitch couldn't read a defense pre snap to save his life. As the years went on and teams threw creative looks at him, he was stilled glued to ARob for 1st reads and checked down. Most young QBs will struggle with exotic defensive looks until about year 3 (Mitch couldn't even run RPO efficiently lol).

I wish Fields the best of luck wherever he land, but to compare him to Mitch is insulting; people still want Fields.

Or Drew Brees, or most of Peyton Manning's career.

That's obviously not to remotely claim Mac Jones is or ever will be those guys..... but brains > athleticism at the QB position provided the guy meets the minimums to do the job, and Mac Jones does.... and his tape shows he's a hell of a lot closer on the mental side than Field's tape has, imo...
    Brains will only get you so far if your O-line can't block for ****. Brees, Brady, and Manning will be HoFers because they got to throw behind breathing fortresses.

Jones better hope he goes to a place with a solid O-line; which looks to be the case with SF. Leno and Ifedi might get Jones killed here.

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    Brains will only get you so far if your O-line can't block for ****. Brees, Brady, and Manning will be HoFers because they got to throw behind breathing fortresses.

Jones better hope he goes to a place with a solid O-line; which looks to be the case with SF. Leno and Ifedi might get Jones killed here.
    I view this differently than you. I think a QB can make a line good, if the talent isn't total garbage.

Peyton would put up numbers anywhere in his prime. He knew everything you could know at his position and how to maximize it. There are ways to minimize a weak line, especially with a great QB.

I would love to see a study of the success of lineman who left situations performing under guys like Manning/Brees/Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    I view this differently than you. I think a QB can make a line good, if the talent isn't total garbage.

Peyton would put up numbers anywhere in his prime. He knew everything you could know at his position and how to maximize it. There are ways to minimize a weak line, especially with a great QB.

I would love to see a study of the success of lineman who left situations performing under guys like Manning/Brees/Brady.
    I agree with this....Whether it's calling or changing protection at the line of scrimmage, or changing a play to get the ball out of your hands quickly....But all that being said it's nice to have 5 studs blocking!

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I agree with this....Whether it's calling or changing protection at the line of scrimmage, or changing a play to get the ball out of your hands quickly....But all that being said it's nice to have 5 studs blocking!
    For sure, I'd love to have Dallas's line healthy. But it's been shown through history, you just need the right pieces, you don't necessarily need the best OL/DL. Dallas's amazing OL for the last few years has done nothing in terms of winning.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nflrums/s...2%2Fframe.html

Most likely not legit but I'd take it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nflrums/s...2%2Fframe.html

Most likely not legit but I'd take it.
    Uh yeah, we'd have to send some draft capital their way as well. Probably twitter nonsense