Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 246 of 291 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 4363
  1. #3676
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    River Forest, Illinois
    Posts
    4,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Ive asked it in my big long post but ill ask it Simply..... Which moves in the past 3 offseasons 2019-2020-2021..... Has made this team better. This was coming off the 12-4 season and the cody parkey disaster. This is the time even slight improvements could put us over the top. But honestly grade Pace and Nagy from then to Now and tell me overall its been positive. You can sit here and tell me but he has drafted well.... But honestly the draft is only half of it and the other half has been absolutely horrid during this time and why we have been moving down instead if up.

    https://walterfootball.com/offseason2019chi.php

    https://walterfootball.com/offseason2020chi.php
    Pace has objectively made the roster better with many of his draft picks, but he has screwed us with his panicky aggressiveness in FA (overpaying Graham, overpaying Quinn, trading for an overpaid Foles,etc.)

    Nagy has done nothing to impress me or make this team better so far Maybe that changes this year with the focus shifting to offense and now he has a serviceable QB who can read defenses and go vertical.

    I think that 12-4 season was the worse thing to happen to us because it made everyone (including Pace and Nagy) to buy their own press:

    -Pace thought he hit a HW with Mitch and stubbornly doubled down on him when cracks started to form.

    -Nagy thought he could go to 2.0 of his offense while COMPLETELY the roster he had and tried to force them to run the system he wanted.

    My grades so far would be:

    Pace: C+ (A- for the late round HRs in the drafts, F for the bloated contracts and cap management)

    Nagy D- (Refuses to put his players in better spots and design players to fit their skill sets. Playcalling, game flow, and time management are all mediocre, but I will give him credit for being aggressive on key 4th downs. Also still has command of the locker room.)

  2. #3677
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    River Forest, Illinois
    Posts
    4,093
    I honestly think Pace is better suited in a President of Football Operations position. The guy can idea and draft talent; I just think he shouldn't give out contracts to players; a new GM can bounce ideas off him in terms of football decisions.


    Nagy just needs to go. I didn't expect him to be McVay 2.0, but if you can't coach up and improve your players, of gameplan to their strengths, then why are you a head coach?

    Should be a Passing game coordinator or something similar. He's so glued to his playbook he misses the other nuances of being a head coach (making adjustments, knowing when to challenge plays, knowing when to target weaknesses on the other side of the field to exploit, etc.)

  3. #3678
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,328
    I think Pace would do great as a head scout.... I just think he has gotten in over his head. Mack trade really backed him into a Corner QB wise (basically you could not take a QB in 2018 because mitch was in his 2nd year and unknown) and then you lacked a first the next two years.

    Maybe that mistake made him make some stupid decisions. But regardless when you stop the old good routine of going with young potential upside over old in guys like Danny and Quinn vs Floyd and Kwit..... Your not building for the future and the team is going to hit a wall.

  4. #3679
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,328
    Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    Pace has objectively made the roster better with many of his draft picks, but he has screwed us with his panicky aggressiveness in FA (overpaying Graham, overpaying Quinn, trading for an overpaid Foles,etc.)

    Nagy has done nothing to impress me or make this team better so far Maybe that changes this year with the focus shifting to offense and now he has a serviceable QB who can read defenses and go vertical.

    I think that 12-4 season was the worse thing to happen to us because it made everyone (including Pace and Nagy) to buy their own press:

    -Pace thought he hit a HW with Mitch and stubbornly doubled down on him when cracks started to form.

    -Nagy thought he could go to 2.0 of his offense while COMPLETELY the roster he had and tried to force them to run the system he wanted.

    My grades so far would be:

    Pace: C+ (A- for the late round HRs in the drafts, F for the bloated contracts and cap management)

    Nagy D- (Refuses to put his players in better spots and design players to fit their skill sets. Playcalling, game flow, and time management are all mediocre, but I will give him credit for being aggressive on key 4th downs. Also still has command of the locker room.)
    The only critique i have of this is even if Pace wanted to get out of mitch how could he. He passed on a QB in 2018 woth roquan. And the year after mitch looked good. 2019 and 2020 he did not have picks to draft or go get a QB due to Mack.

    That said he tried to get Brady and Failed (fine) but i cant get over the fact he wanted Teddy B but refused to name him starter and wanted it to be a comp. To me teddy B may not be the answer but he would at least given us a capable qb who can kinda fit nagys system. Instead you end up trading for Foles which ended up busting and now your backtracking to dalton which still im not convinced you can call him a good starter. Maybe he is better than foles or mitch but its not like we are getting a top 15 QB.... Your getting a botton 10 guy reguardless.

    I just cant wait though till the bears Jump up 10 spots to grab Trey Lance using their first. So we will be hoping a rok 1 year starting QB who is raw can carry this team and prevent that pick from being a top 5 pick next year.

  5. #3680
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,328
    Maybe a silly question but who will be calling the plays and what offense will we be running. The reason I ask Is I think alot of us including myself kinda like Lance or Feilds or even Wilson for their ability in the RPO to make plays with their legs or arm which would fit what nagy tries to do and something that Mitch struggled mightily in. But with the dalton signing i hinted at it b4 all signs point to Bill Lazor being the play caller due to familiarity and just trying to get consistency at QB. And I think its even more interesting considering the guys we were after (Wilson/Watson) would both seemingly more fit Nagy.

    So what are we going to do exactly. For some reason I still fully expect us to draft a QB high because..... Well we cant be serious with Dalton right. So what are we going to so have them learn 2 separate play books under 2 separate play callers. I mean we have seen this work b4 with the Ravens and Lamar Jackson vs Flaco but simultaneously we saw it fail under this same coaching staff between Mitch and Foles ( though i must admit part of the change was Matt Nagy flatt out failing with his guy and Mitch thouth more than half of that was Nagys dumb *** starting Coward every week with Foles) i just don't know man. Feels really odd to think about. I cant imagine any QB besides maybe Mac Jones not being better suited for Nagys offense. And if we were sticking with nagy we should have stuck with Foles and boosted his protection (opposite of how we went about the offseason) its just one of the reasons I am totally confused on this team. I don't really know who us running the offense. What playbook they will be running. In theory it has to be Lazor just to stabilize the offense but i get this feeling Nagy and his ego will end uo back in there much like it felt near the end of last year.

  6. #3681
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,328
    I have this gut feeling that the bears FO are going to try and play us all for Fools. How you ask. Trade up for Lance (i could see a first and 20 for Dallas at 10) and Convince you he is our Pat Mahomes..... That he needs to sit for the year and that this is the plan and you need to be patient. That Dalton and Foles will man the ship and Lance will be developing behind the scenes.

    And I would not mind that. If it was another HC. But Nagy failed to develop Mitch at all. In fact he arguably went backwards in development and never showed any progression. All this talk of 101 and 202 from year 2 to 3 was coach speak BS. So I cant trust him. but be wary Because of this happens I think at least half of fans fall for it. Because your so desperate for a franchise QB you will be forced to believe it. I mean there are some of you who actually want to believe Dalton is some sort of upgrade because you have to have hope he is.

    But I could surely see this. The guise of a promise that Lance is the guy. That if you give us next year you will see. And maybe he is the guy. Maybe he isn't. But these fools will try and buy themselves another year which to me is 2 years too many. Because to me you have to know this year is shot at this point. We should have torn this **** down at the end of the season when we only made the playoffs cause another team ****ed up. When we were killed in the playoffs and scored 1 meaningless TD at the end of the game. But they were not. And why... Some say a secret extension. And honestly I am starting to buy it. And this is just the type of move to give them another year so they don't have to pay somebody else.

    And the funny thing is. I actually think Lance could be a good QB if developed under the right staff. I think he does need to sit a year because a 1 year freshman needs experience. But that all said do you in the end trust nagy to turn him into a stud when he did nothing to help Mitch... And his own hand picked guy could not save it either.... I cant and won't. And wont buy into the hype that is bound to come with a move like this.

    And in the end... I cant see it any other way. I cant imagine there is a realistic chance Dalton and Foles are the hope for this franchise moving forward. I cant imagine Wilson being delt if they passed on that deal. I cant imagine trading for Watson mid scandal. And While I would love it I cant imagine a tanking season because in theory these guys ***** should be on the line. So the only other option is the draft. Such a move would be one trying to bring hope. But the truth is everyone should balk at this in reality. They should see through the charade. Because if Lance is Pat Mahomes..... Or if he is Josh Rosen... We wont know but you will buy into the hope enough to give them what could be called a 4th chance

    1st was Mitch
    2nd was foles
    3rd was Dalton
    And 4th would be a hopeful unknown draft pick.

  7. #3682
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Wish I was as optimistic in life as you are with the Bears [emoji23][emoji23]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some would say optimistic, I'd say naive.

  8. #3683
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    Pace has objectively made the roster better with many of his draft picks, but he has screwed us with his panicky aggressiveness in FA (overpaying Graham, overpaying Quinn, trading for an overpaid Foles,etc.)

    Nagy has done nothing to impress me or make this team better so far Maybe that changes this year with the focus shifting to offense and now he has a serviceable QB who can read defenses and go vertical.

    I think that 12-4 season was the worse thing to happen to us because it made everyone (including Pace and Nagy) to buy their own press:

    -Pace thought he hit a HW with Mitch and stubbornly doubled down on him when cracks started to form.

    -Nagy thought he could go to 2.0 of his offense while COMPLETELY the roster he had and tried to force them to run the system he wanted.

    My grades so far would be:

    Pace: C+ (A- for the late round HRs in the drafts, F for the bloated contracts and cap management)

    Nagy D- (Refuses to put his players in better spots and design players to fit their skill sets. Playcalling, game flow, and time management are all mediocre, but I will give him credit for being aggressive on key 4th downs. Also still has command of the locker room.)
    I agree with mostly all of this. Pace is a solid drafter in the late rounds, but for as many hits he's had in FA there is a screw up that he's had to dig himself out of. His 1st round draft history is overall pretty bad, and the QB acquisitions/Nagy are unforgivable.

    I also think Nagy is objectively a bad coach in every aspect except for being a good motivator. He is a bad playcaller, is not organized, is undisciplined, etc and that is reflected in his team. His bears teams have been undisciplined and sloppy. Both should have been gone after last season. I will never not believe that.

  9. #3684
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Maybe a silly question but who will be calling the plays and what offense will we be running. The reason I ask Is I think alot of us including myself kinda like Lance or Feilds or even Wilson for their ability in the RPO to make plays with their legs or arm which would fit what nagy tries to do and something that Mitch struggled mightily in. But with the dalton signing i hinted at it b4 all signs point to Bill Lazor being the play caller due to familiarity and just trying to get consistency at QB. And I think its even more interesting considering the guys we were after (Wilson/Watson) would both seemingly more fit Nagy.

    So what are we going to do exactly. For some reason I still fully expect us to draft a QB high because..... Well we cant be serious with Dalton right. So what are we going to so have them learn 2 separate play books under 2 separate play callers. I mean we have seen this work b4 with the Ravens and Lamar Jackson vs Flaco but simultaneously we saw it fail under this same coaching staff between Mitch and Foles ( though i must admit part of the change was Matt Nagy flatt out failing with his guy and Mitch thouth more than half of that was Nagys dumb *** starting Coward every week with Foles) i just don't know man. Feels really odd to think about. I cant imagine any QB besides maybe Mac Jones not being better suited for Nagys offense. And if we were sticking with nagy we should have stuck with Foles and boosted his protection (opposite of how we went about the offseason) its just one of the reasons I am totally confused on this team. I don't really know who us running the offense. What playbook they will be running. In theory it has to be Lazor just to stabilize the offense but i get this feeling Nagy and his ego will end uo back in there much like it felt near the end of last year.
    Nagy gave up play calling for a short while last season, but I donít expect him to do it again. There was also a lot of mystery regarding play calls at the end of the year. When Nagy talked about it when he first gave up calling plays, he said it would NOT be permanent. Before he even saw the results, he said yeah, Iíll be back lol....Nagy is a legend in his own mind. Lazor will probably help develop the offense around Dalton, and Nagy will call the plays because he canít help himself

  10. #3685
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,134
    Kyben - personal question: How do you have so much time to pat so many essays? I donít even have time to read them, let alone post them.

    I love your Bears enthusiasm, even if I donít always agree with your points.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. 03-20-2021, 11:31 AM

  12. 03-20-2021, 12:13 PM

  13. #3686
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,579
    Infinity,

    I'm a little hesitant to say this but I will:

    Instead of reaching emotionally to posts (not knocking you for doing so) , report them, air your grievance in the report field.

    Step back and calm yourself down a bit. Let the mods handle them if deemed necessary. Don't try to fight every battle.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  14. 03-20-2021, 12:23 PM

  15. 03-20-2021, 12:48 PM

  16. #3687
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,714
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Nagy gave up play calling for a short while last season, but I donít expect him to do it again. There was also a lot of mystery regarding play calls at the end of the year. When Nagy talked about it when he first gave up calling plays, he said it would NOT be permanent. Before he even saw the results, he said yeah, Iíll be back lol....Nagy is a legend in his own mind. Lazor will probably help develop the offense around Dalton, and Nagy will call the plays because he canít help himself
    This is what makes me most nervous.

    Nagy calls like he played in the Arena League. Itís going to be a mess with Dalton.

    I hope Iím wrong, but Iíve seen enough Bears football to believe that this wonít end well.

  17. 03-20-2021, 12:52 PM

  18. 03-20-2021, 12:59 PM

  19. 03-20-2021, 12:59 PM

  20. #3688
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    51,674

  21. #3689
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    14,168
    Blams saved me from myself lol.

  22. 03-20-2021, 01:15 PM

  23. #3690
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,434
    You're good, blams. I've tried to ask the mods to step in within my posts to stop some of this. Not familiar with the report field, I'll figure that out. But thank you, you're right, this is getting way too heated. I'll leave for awhile.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •