Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 272 of 336 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 5027
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Iím fine with Dalton as long as we trade up for Fields so he can sit a year. It really seems SF will take Jones. I donít want anything to do with Lance.
    If SF takes Jones over Fields, I don't want to hear one more person on Niners Twitter mention Pace getting fleeced and his blunder on Choosing Mitch over Watson.

Jones' ceiling is a rich man's Kirk Cousins.

Field's ceiling is Deshaun Watson without all the creepy massages (I hope )

Jones looked Meh today at his pro day even though he was throwing to Harris and Smith. It'd be criminal to choose him at 3.
    Last edited by flclfanman; 03-30-2021 at 08:37 PM.

I'd be happy with Darnold as the starter or possibly Fields as a redshirt behind Dalton/Foles. For those who have watched Fields, how does he compare as a prospect to Jordan Love?

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    If SF takes Jones over Fields, I don't want to hear one more person on Niners Twitter mention Pace getting fleeced and his blunder on Choosing Mitch over Watson.

Jones' ceiling is a rich man's Kirk Cousins.

Field's ceiling is Deshaun Watson without all the creepy massages (I hope )

Jones looked Meh today at his pro day even though he was throwing to Harris and Smith. It'd be criminal to choose him at 3.
    For Fields, I don't see Watson but I do see Josh Allen. A raw QB that needs the right situation (say Brian Daboll as coach) to eventually be good. Mac is going to be a better QB than people think. I see a Matt Stafford type career for him and you can win with that kind of talent.
    Screw sabermetics.

How would this sound to you guys? "The Bears have traded Nick Foles and their 2021 3rd round pick to the New York Jets for Sam Darnold. With the 20th overall pick, the Chicago Bears select, offensive lineman from Oklahoma State, Tevin Jenkins."

Thoughts?
    Last edited by thawv; 03-31-2021 at 08:25 AM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    How would this sound to you guys? "The Bears have traded Nick Foles and their 2021 3rd round pick to the New York Jets for Sam Darnold. With the 20th overall pick, the Chicago Bears select, offensive lineman from Oklahoma State, Tevin Jenkins."

Thoughts?
    Personally i want nothing to do with sam Darnold. Thinking he could be your answer is almost as bad as if you thought Mitch could go to the broncos and be their qb savior.

I would rather take a dart throw with a 3rd round pick on a guy like Mills.... Mond... Or Newman.

And Nagy showed zero ability to change Mitch. Why do people think he can fix darnold?

FWIW i love the idea of Jenkins but to me Darnold is basically Dalton minus proven track record plus a little bit of false hope.

Thoughts?
    It's not terrible, but I'd still want to take a developmental QB (Mills/Mond/Erhlenger/Franks/Etc.) and have Flip sort both of them out.

P.S. if the target is Jenkins, I'd try to trade back slightly since he could be had in the mid 20s. Darrisaw or Slater I'd take with 20.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    One thing on the Darnold situation is if teams actually wanted him wouldn't one have steped up by now. We basically know the jets are taking a QB at two right. And once that happens leverage is gone on saying they might not. Anyway it feels like if a team was offering them anything that it already would have been done. Honestly i would not be surprised if alot of the talk was the jets trying to drum up buyers and a price and nobody has bitten.

Its especially odd because somebody is going to have to pay the guy who has looked bad for 3 years 10 mil next year and have to pay to keep him if he works out.... So i cant imagine him being worth mutch more than Mitch was last offseason.

I honestly would not be surprised to just see darnold cut at the end of the day.

There are just so few teams IMO that makes sense for Darnold. Denver.... Maybe NE.. waahington i suppose

But all the others?

Houston already signed a backup
    Philly has hurts
    Atlanta to groom? Naw
    Detroit probably not with goffs deal on the books
    Panthers... He isnt even better than teddy
    Even ourselves. He isnt anything we didnt have in mitch.

Idk. If one of these teams wanted him they would have offered enough. I think this turns into a similar deal to Rosen where the Dolphins wanted to deal him but really could not.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 03-31-2021 at 10:46 AM.

Thoughts?
    I wouldn't give up anything in a trade involving Foles; he's a vet backup at this point, and teams can find something similar on the scrap-heap. Haven't heard about Jenkins, but OL isn't a bad move at all with the pick.

Sam Darnold sucks. Turnover machine who's most appealing trait is that he's young and he was in a ****** situation.

Not trading anything of consequence for a guy who's been a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Sam Darnold sucks. Turnover machine who's most appealing trait is that he's young and he was in a ****** situation.

Not trading anything of consequence for a guy who's been a bust.
    Foles and a 6th for 7th swap sounds nice to me. Still draft someone and have some actual competition for the young guys learning behind Dalton.

Quote Originally Posted by mwoodri View Post
    I'd be happy with Darnold as the starter or possibly Fields as a redshirt behind Dalton/Foles. For those who have watched Fields, how does he compare as a prospect to Jordan Love?
    Fields is far better at basically everything than Love coming out of college.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    For Fields, I don't see Watson but I do see Josh Allen. A raw QB that needs the right situation (say Brian Daboll as coach) to eventually be good. Mac is going to be a better QB than people think. I see a Matt Stafford type career for him and you can win with that kind of talent.
    Jones doesn't even remotely have close to as good of an arm as Stafford. Don't see the Allen and Fields comp. Allen was wildly inaccurate in college. Fields has a career 68.4% completion rate while Allen was 56.2%. Don't really think they play similarly either. A more athletic Dak is much more comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Jones doesn't even remotely have close to as good of an arm as Stafford. Don't see the Allen and Fields comp. Allen was wildly inaccurate in college. Fields has a career 68.4% completion rate while Allen was 56.2%. Don't really think they play similarly either. A more athletic Dak is much more comparable.
    I did not compare their physical attributes, I said, Jones is going to have a Stafford like career.

As for Fields, Sam Darnold had a 64.9 completion rate in college.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I did not compare their physical attributes, I said, Jones is going to have a Stafford like career.

As for Fields, Sam Darnold had a 64.9 completion rate in college.
    Lol what point are you trying to make? That all QBs with good completion % in college will bust? You made a comparison that makes no sense and when it's pointed out your comeback is one example of a QB with good completion in college that sucks in the NFL. Really have no idea where you're trying to go with that one.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion