Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 96 of 335 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 5019
    Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    ?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Right? Like why are people acting like this is a done deal. No one reputable is reporting on this.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    ?

Itís a running joke because always the opposite of what he says happens

Yes let's give a first and more for a guy who had a worse season than both mitch and foles and has regressed immensely. Also think he's a mental midget. Most people in their locker room even when he was good preferred Foles and he clearly couldn't handle the pressure this year. At least if he sucks Pace and Nagy would likely be gone immediately.

This screams to me like a leak from the Eagles. I dunno who this Brandon Robinson dude is and none of the bigger guys are reporting it.

The Eagles know the Bears are in a tight spot and would love to drum up leverage. Think of how the Stafford trade went down and now think of how this is being played in the media. Wentz sucks, is expensive, doesn't want to be in Philly and they have another QB rostered with a new HC. They have absolutely no leverage and the fact that this has gotten to this point of sensationalism is just dirty moves on Philly's part.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Kyben, sometimes you just argue to argue. My VERY FIRST POST on the subject said I would withhold judgement on the deal but that I was skeptical it was a good one. (I am paraphrasing because I donít want to look I up on my phone)

I havenít seen one person on here say Wentz was a fix-all. But saying he isnít better than Foles is a lie and one that needs addressed and put to bed to have an honest conversation about Wentz. If you want to worry about whether he can be a top 10 QB again, I think that is 100% fair. Same with being concerned about his injury history. But saying he is Foles 2.0 doesnít hold water.

Also, I never defended Pace, Nagy or anyone else. I simply put how CHI ended up with Foles into context while you were busy trying to say that CHI brought in Foles to be the savior (again, paraphrasing). Again, the FO never said that and I donít remember fans saying that. Some thought he would be an upgrade over Mitch and therefore was a good investment. I think that was a fair position at the time; many still think it is fair.

Lastly, if you are going to make the argument that Pace, Nagy and Co shouldnít get to make another move at QB, fine. But then you canít post that they should draft a guy, sign another FA or trade for someone else. If they canít be trusted to make that QB call in your opinion, then you should promote CHI stand pat with Foles, let them clean house and the next leadership team can pick their guy. Instead, you say Pace canít be trusted to move on Wentz, but he should be trusted to draft Lance. That is logically inconsistent. Either they can be trusted and should take their shot or they shouldnít be trusted and you donít want them making any QB moves.

Edit: One more thing...So Watson can feud with HOU staff and FO and that is fine, but Wentz canít do the same? If you are going to hold it against Wentz, then you should be consistent and hold it against Watson. I would argue Wentz had plenty to be mad about - namely being benched when the entire team was underperforming when he was their franchise guy just last year. Talk about your slaps in the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1) if you want to sit there and quote me on how great he was the first 2 years thats fine but im going to take that as you think he can get back to that. This isnt 2 years ago is it. The same way foles was better in their system then ours 2 years ago. I dont expect Wentz to come in and bounce back. And even if he did i expect some good amount of collateral step back in the same way foles did for our system because we are not the eagles. Because the truth is in his good years the eagles OL was vastly superior to ours. And even if you want to say we have allen robinson. We may not next year.... And they hae 2 elite level TEs the past 2 or 3 years.

2) you may not have been here when the foles trade went down but many in here expected him to start week 1.... Be infinitly better than Mitch. And solve the offensive woes. There was so much debate on who would start because some were convinced we were getting eagles Nick foles.

3) i would happily stand on that they should not have another shot platform. I said it prior to them getting brought back. But they are here unfortunately. My stance is this... I really hate the idea of going to what I would consider an average QB just to make playoff pushes. I want to see the team go big or go home. This to me feels like a safe move that they think they can get him back to where he was and compete. I dont think it is though. I think there are so many red flags that this could easily blow up in their face. I would personally go for Watson (no limit honestly i think he solves the QB picture for the next 10-15 years) or try and find a draft pick you believe in.

4) if it was just the fued with the coaching staff but its not. He is coming off an abysmal year man. Watson is coming off passing for 4800 yards. He got benched and outplayed by a 2nd round pick. He struggled behind a bad OL (similar to ours) where Watson Thrived in a still **** situation. I dont think you can compare the 2. **** there is a reason we are talking about every team in the league lining up for Watson. I think most people thought nobody would take Wentz.... Much less trade actual assets for him like its being reported.

I just don't see why people want to change their tune on Wentz. A week ago if I proposed trading anything of value for him people would loose their ****. Today we are debating if he can get back to greatness? Seriously? I mean even b4 the value was talked about people were saying we better get a 1st back or an Elite OL. Now when it comes out we are offering 1st round picks why is nobody else fliping their ****?
    Last edited by Kyben36; 02-05-2021 at 08:04 PM.

I was never super against Wentz.

But the reality is he has a high ceiling , and can be had for a lot less than other qbs that played better recently. The contract isn't going to be bad at all either.

I'm not surprised, and this could end up great for the bears in a couple of different ways

1) Wentz returns to his top 10ish form. Win.

2) Wentz sucks and the bears defense plays like they did in the 2nd half of last season. House cleaning time.

I understand the concerns. He was awful this season. It is what it is. Nothing is set in stone yet.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

But the reality is he has a high ceiling , and can be had for a lot less than other qbs that played better recently. The contract isn't going to be bad at all either.

I'm not surprised, and this could end up great for the bears in a couple of different ways

2) Wentz sucks and the bears defense plays like they did in the 2nd half of last season. House cleaning time.

I understand the concerns. He was awful this season. It is what it is. Nothing is set in stone yet.

Seems like he's kind of a bad teammate too, if you believe the report about him a few weeks ago.

I agree on the ceiling, but there's too many red flags to get excited about him.

I donít like it but I donít hate it. I just hope Pace doesnít outbid himself and give up something crazy if it happens.

Lol yeah right. That's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

Wentz has been garbage the past year and a half. He has a myriad of health concerns and a terrible contract to boot. Reality is his high ceiling is just as low as his floor and much less attainable. He only makes sense if you're not giving up a whole ton to get him. If you are then how is he a better option than Darnold?

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Wentz or Darnold at the right price would be mildy intriguing in that they are young and have pedigree. However, looking at our situation over the horizon, I'd rather give up 3 1st rd picks + for Watson. It's hard to argue against acquiring a 25 YO franchise QB, despite the cost. I look at it like this: If you offered 10 1st Rd picks for Mahomes (not kidding) they would probably say no. That's how valuable the QB position is. I would gladly give up 3 or 4 for Watson.

3 First will not get you Watson. Watson's going to cost if available at least 5 1st and a few 2nds and a few players. Sure the Houston beat writer said only 2 first but that's where supply and demand come in to play. The supply for star QB's available is extremely rare and the demand is ultra high. Watson's price if he ever becomes available will turn into a bidding war which would net Houston a minimum 5 first round picks, a few 2nds + a few players.

I could actually see a team giving up over 7 first round picks and players for Watson and yes one of the teams that would do that is your one and only Bears and maybe a few other desperate teams.

Also KC would not accept 30 1st round picks for a future HOF Qb such as Mahomes whom they know will net them at least a few Super Bowl trophy's which some teams will not win one in the next century. Watson is not on the same level as Mahomes and probably will never be since Mahomes lucked out and got Andy Reid

Quote Originally Posted by jay12 View Post
    3 First will not get you Watson. Watson's going to cost if available at least 5 1st and a few 2nds and a few players. Sure the Houston beat writer said only 2 first but that's where supply and demand come in to play. The supply for star QB's available is extremely rare and the demand is ultra high. Watson's price if he ever becomes available will turn into a bidding war which would net Houston a minimum 5 first round picks, a few 2nds + a few players.

I could actually see a team giving up over 7 first round picks and players for Watson and yes one of the teams that would do that is your one and only Bears and maybe a few other desperate teams.

Also KC would not accept 30 1st round picks for a future HOF Qb such as Mahomes whom they know will net them at least a few Super Bowl trophy's which some teams will not win one in the next century. Watson is not on the same level as Mahomes and probably will never be since Mahomes lucked out and got Andy Reid
    You cant trade more than 3 firsts...

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller