Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 335 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    Imagine if Pace put that money he put in Quinn into a OT like Jack Konklin (who was All Pro this year) and actually did his homework on Brandon Staley...

BTW I 100% hope Mitch leaves and go to a real organization with an actual coach that can use him correctly (SF, NO, NE) and then play him so the WORLD can see it was (mainly) Nagy, not him.
    Lol, that is hoping against hope. Mitch is an athletic QB who sees half the field. Not one of those teams is interested in him starting. As a backup, sure, probably top 3 in the league, but the football world already knows what he is.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    Imagine if Pace put that money he put in Quinn into a OT like Jack Konklin (who was All Pro this year) and actually did his homework on Brandon Staley...

BTW I 100% hope Mitch leaves and go to a real organization with an actual coach that can use him correctly (SF, NO, NE) and then play him so the WORLD can see it was (mainly) Nagy, not him.
    Imagine if he had just kept floyd and Staley? Floyd would be that pass rusher opposite mack we needed.

But your right. Paces's inability to adresss the OTs has been a bit ridiculous too. Massie and Leno both are bellow average starters IMO. And we have made zero attempts to actually draft arguably the 2nd most important position behind the QB either.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I dont think he is a salesman. I tend to lean him to a motivational speaker. But To each their own opinion.

Like i have said before, Nagy's be you and other BS only works when the team is winning. When it not nobody can take him seriously.
    The fact that this organization can't see they have Tony Robbins as HC is a catastrophe.

Do you know how attractive this job could be if the McCaskey grew a spine and launched these terrible coaches and GMs? It would show we were dead serious about winning and not tolerate mediocrity.

Instead it shows the opposite; you squeaked into the playoffs, but have no shot at going anywhere? Good enough for us.

Call me crazy, but I rather have fox back than naggy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Huh lol? Carr would immediately be the best QB in franchise history by far.
    Meh, not sure I believe that at all

Carr would due terrible here

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I still dont get how nagy got away with that conservative *** play calling in the playoff game. how can you look at that and think thats acceptable. Your team needs points to win nagy and you take your foot off the pedal to IDK prevent mitch from messing up. I have said it before if mitch fails he fails. but if you fail to even give him a chance with some of this BS you did (giving up on a 2 minute drill) You never give the team a chance. Sure mitch might throw pick, but so might Drew Brees. But you think any other coach doesnt trust his offense or defense like that.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Meh, not sure I believe that at all

Carr would due terrible here

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    His competition is Trubisky and Cutler so I'd say yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    Call me crazy, but I rather have fox back than naggy!

For sure

Quote Originally Posted by mwoodri View Post
    This narrative of the McCaskey's caring more about money than winning is tired. They have fired guys with multiple years left on their contract in recent past. The bottom line for the Bears is until we get a QB, we will continue to be middle of the pack. I don't care if we had Bill Walsh coaching us this year, we aren't going to beat Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes in that order with Trubisky. Let's just be honest. Pace dropped the ball on the Trubisky pick, that's why we are where we are.
    Look at it another way. If both Pace and Nagy’s contracts were up now do you think they would have been kept? They would have been extended? Them having time left on their contracts is a factor. Maybe the Hals/McCasky’s have spent on payroll the last decade or so but the history of this franchise, this ownership, is one of penny pinching.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I still dont get how nagy got away with that conservative *** play calling in the playoff game. how can you look at that and think thats acceptable. Your team needs points to win nagy and you take your foot off the pedal to IDK prevent mitch from messing up. I have said it before if mitch fails he fails. but if you fail to even give him a chance with some of this BS you did (giving up on a 2 minute drill) You never give the team a chance. Sure mitch might throw pick, but so might Drew Brees. But you think any other coach doesnt trust his offense or defense like that.
    Not to mention he was running out no name punter returners to catch passes over Ridley and Jimmy Graham.

With you 100% Nagy plays the most conservative milktoast offense against the SAINTS in a playoff game. That dropped Wimms TD broke something in Nagy's brain

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    His competition is Trubisky and Cutler so I'd say yeah.
    Trubisky is behind many other bears qbs I've seen

Even if you may disagree with that Cutler is better than Carr given the same Era, surrounding cast, playcalling and coaching, I'm still traumatized that you said mitch was the other competition.
    Last edited by blams; 01-12-2021 at 11:29 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Anything on Ted Phillips, I thought he would be retiring?

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Look at it another way. If both Pace and Nagy’s contracts were up now do you think they would have been kept? They would have been extended? Them having time left on their contracts is a factor. Maybe the Hals/McCasky’s have spent on payroll the last decade or so but the history of this franchise, this ownership, is one of penny pinching.
    I do. Not only do I think they would keep Pace, I think he ends up promoted to Ted's role at some point. By all accounts, they love him. Nagy's fate would then be in Pace's hands and I think Pace gives him a shot with a competent QB.

Salvage, do you honestly think a family worth 4 Billion dollars is concerned with 5-7 million? That is a rounding error to George.

This is basically George McCaskey.