Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 336 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Are they really going to

1. Trust Pace drafting a QB?
    2. Have faith in Nagy developing a QB?

Lol...this franchise is sad.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    The good news is I ate Dinner Before reading about this because I lost my apatite when I did. Its absolutely sickening to me that Nagy is back. Take Away Pagano and the Defense he built and what is Nagy's record exactly? 2 8-8 years both of which the Defense was still the main proponent of any of those wins. And Nagy is an offensive HC right.

Boy. I feel like somebody should be fired for the Foles situation alone. Dont you?

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    This is what happens when winning is not the top priority of ownership. Comfort and money is way more important to the McCaskey clan. Pace and Nagy are nice guys, have time remaining on their contracts. Costs less to keep them, feel comfortable. George will talk BS about a prove it year coming up, something about Nagy’s record and how Pace has made some good moves and is growing. Then he will go in hiding again.
    This is the thing that baffles me with ownership. They clearly have no problem spending big money on playes and go over the cap (Mack, Quinn, Hicks, EJax, etc.) but we turn into penny pinchers when it comes to hiring coaches and personnel?

Newsflash to the McCaskeys: You can't can't take the $$$ with you when you die, but you can take the memories of a playoff run or a championship. I know they want to win a championship, but they act like they're the Ravens or Niners (i.e. a couple of players away).

Pace has had a sorted draft history, but he has brought in some great talent and has some draft hits. However, I'd understand if they let him go because of his huge misses at QB.

Nagy has nothing to stand on. An offensive guru that has developed no players and can't score points. No reason to keep him, NONE.

Let him go and have him go draw up some Frankenstein plays for the Pro Bowl or something.

This narrative of the McCaskey's caring more about money than winning is tired. They have fired guys with multiple years left on their contract in recent past. The bottom line for the Bears is until we get a QB, we will continue to be middle of the pack. I don't care if we had Bill Walsh coaching us this year, we aren't going to beat Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes in that order with Trubisky. Let's just be honest. Pace dropped the ball on the Trubisky pick, that's why we are where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Are they really going to

I hope The ownership hand cuffs them and says they cant. I know it wont happen and I know Pace is going to draft a guy like Lance or Mac Jones. Its just going to be setback though. You could probably find yourself a STarting FS.... a Starting Tackle. or a Hicks replacement in the first and we are going to go with a project QB in the mold of jordan Love who will be started Much too early because we dont have any other option.

Worst case right now is though the Bears Trading up. Using draft capital to go get a QB with these guys running the show. Only to be fired a year later and the new ownership handed the keys with less draft capital down the road. a QB they may not even really like because they didnt evaluate him.

I just dont see any positives in brining nagy back.

-Rem Koolhaas

Wait and you’ll see their record next season will be much worse than 8-8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they really going to

Short of Pace pulling a diamond out his *** and trading for Watson, I have no faith in either of these guys finding and developing another QB.

People forget that Pace is the guy that disguised himself to go see Mitch throw a Pick-6 in his only bowl game to cripple his team and said "Yep, that's my guy" all while sending NO SCOUTS to watch Watson blow up Alabama a couple of weeks later

Serious question is there any player who has developed for nagy into a good player? Maybe some want to claim Montgomery? But Shaheen he didnt develop. Mitch he didnt develop. Miller he didnt develop. Daniels he didnt develop. No OL have gotten better. Robinson is the only bright spot and he came in great.

You could i suppose argue Mooney but I even have a hard time giving any credit to nagy.

-Rem Koolhaas

If I were Pace as a lame duck GM I'd mortgage the entire future to get into the top 5 of this draft or trade for someone. Which would be awesome because the next GM will be left with nothing and the process starts over again. So ecstatic that we had that awesome playoff run instead of finishing 5-11 and getting Fields/Wilson. Best case scenario is we suck horribly next year and fire Nagy/Pace.

Cant wait for Foles to be named the starter with Massie and Leno still at tackle. LOL We will be rushed into starting a QB with 1 year of starting experience and spoilter alert. he wont be very good. Meaning nagy will be fired.

-Rem Koolhaas

Bears Blackpill Offseason Checklist:

1) Keep Nagy and Pace

2) Promote Jay Rodgers to DC (actually a good thing)

3) Trade a bunch of crap for an aging Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford (instead of signing a guy like Dak outright)

4) Keep Wimms and Miller because **** accountability

5) Let Arob Walk while overpaying CPatterson

6) Ignore our ticking timebomb of LB depth and just hope Roquan and Trev. dont get hurt ever again

7) Install Nagy Offensive Offense Playbook 3.0 (Now with MOAR bubble screens and inside draws)

Are they really going to

That's what is going to happen then the new GM and coach after Pace/Nagy are fired will be stuck with a QB they didn't choose and the process starts over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    The good news is I ate Dinner Before reading about this because I lost my apatite when I did. Its absolutely sickening to me that Nagy is back. Take Away Pagano and the Defense he built and what is Nagy's record exactly? 2 8-8 years both of which the Defense was still the main proponent of any of those wins. And Nagy is an offensive HC right.

Boy. I feel like somebody should be fired for the Foles situation alone. Dont you?
    Think you mean Fangio built the defense Pagano ruined it.

Wow this sucks.. another mediocre season with these clowns. This organization is so poorly run it’s embarrassing and incredibly frustrating..

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    If I were Pace as a lame duck GM I'd mortgage the entire future to get into the top 5 of this draft or trade for someone. Which would be awesome because the next GM will be left with nothing and the process starts over again. So ecstatic that we had that awesome playoff run instead of finishing 5-11 and getting Fields/Wilson. Best case scenario is we suck horribly next year and fire Nagy/Pace.
    Do we even realistically have the ability to move up that high for Feilds or Wilson. I assuming Feilds is going #2 and Wilson is probably intside the top 7.

Cheifs were able to move up from 27 to 10 So I suppose its not impossible. But how much do you think its going to cost. My guess is we get desprate too so more. like potentially 3 first to go get the guy.

which would mean selling this team to a HC or GM you have to work with Zach Wilson as your QB for the next 2 years like it or not. because we cant move on because we have no draft capital. and BTW if you had any major roster changes... is going to be difficult with no first round picks to build your roster around.

-Rem Koolhaas