Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Now that we know Pace and Nagy are returning, I think trading for Watson is the only thing that would get me excited for the upcoming season. I'm not convinced of Pace's ability to find offensive talent in the draft, let alone a QB.
    I'd be excited for Matt Ryan too, but at far lower level obviously

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I donít think Pace is unwilling to admit mistakes. He moves on from Floyd and got Quinn (although I donít agree Floyd was a mistake). He got Foles while Mitch was still here. He got Kmet and Graham after whiffing on Burton. He moved on from White.

Admitting one of your two biggest moves ever was a total miss is certainly different than all of those situations, but I do think Pace is willing to admit fault by moving on. And if Paceís job is at all at risk, he has to go all-in for a QB that can lead this team to double digit wins.

That is actually what scares me most - Pace goes all-in this offseason and mortgages this future, then gets fired (or promoted) and no one wants the Gm job because they are so limited in what they can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I donít buy this. First off, the offense looked completely different. Second, Nagy has coached against ****** defenses before and still struggled. The offense resembled nothing like it did the first few games when lazor was calling plays. IF lazor was calling plays, I wouldnít put it past Nagy being heavily involved and telling him to call plays/formations a certain way.
    I think you have some selective memory here. For one thing, Lazor's offenses struggled just as much against not bad defenses as Nagy's did. For another, it's not like this trend just started. I've been arguing since well before this year that strength of opponent/defenses played a large part of whatever success the Bears' offense scraped together the last few seasons. In the past, I was usually directing my criticisms towards Trubisky, but as he's been the Bear's primary QB since Nagy got here, it's basically the same argument.

In fact, the same exact thing that happened this year happened last year. Mitch sucked all season, almost regardless of the opponent, but particularly against a much more difficult schedule than was 2018. Then he lit up the Lions twice and the Cowboys, and had everyone thinking he was on the upswing. People were convinced that Mitch was the guy after 2018... With Matt Nagy calling the plays. With his stats skewed against bad teams and defenses.

Then this year comes along, and everyone thinks the offense looks good because of the playcalling when the opponents were... Houston and Detroit. Both of whom had already fired their head coaches. I can't even include the Jaguars in that conversation because people were complaining about Nagy calling the plays in that game.

What's more likely? That Bill Lazor had full control of the offense for this very brief period of time before Nagy butted his way back in? Or that Lazor's offense looked better against those teams because they were the two worst defenses in the league in a small sample?

Why do we dismiss the first two weeks of Lazor's run against the Vikings and Packers where the offense stalled just as much as it had with Nagy in most cases?

I also disagree with the observations that the formations were all that different than they were in the weeks people like to cherrypick that the offense looked different. It was reaction bias. Rolling Mitch out on play action and hitting guys wide open in the flat for easy YAC wasn't gonna work forever.

People also forget how run-heavy the offense was the first 5 weeks of the season with Nagy calling plays before the line started to get decimated with injuries.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 01-13-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Just from reading the transcript McCaskey thinks Phillips did a wonderful job with a glowing review this year so he's not going anywhere anytime soon. (Typical) On keeping Pace and Nagy he said he knows fans won't like it but they believe its the right decision. No dumb*** we don't like it because we know its the wrong decision and you and your pet phillips seem to be the only people that think its a good idea. This dude is a clown I'm so pissed off. I know people say it all the time and it's hard to quit cheering for a team but I'm really thinking about it. McCaskey basically said for all the public to hear he'd rather keep pace and nagy and remain mediocre than give in to fan demands. In reality its just because everyone else (fans, media) can see how horrible Phillips, Pace, and Nagy are.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Just from reading the transcript McCaskey thinks Phillips did a wonderful job with a glowing review this year so he's not going anywhere anytime soon. (Typical) On keeping Pace and Nagy he said he knows fans won't like it but they believe its the right decision. No dumb*** we don't like it because we know its the wrong decision and you and your pet phillips seem to be the only people that think its a good idea. This dude is a clown I'm so pissed off. I know people say it all the time and it's hard to quit cheering for a team but I'm really thinking about it. McCaskey basically said for all the public to hear he'd rather keep pace and nagy and remain mediocre than give in to fan demands. In reality its just because everyone else (fans, media) can see how horrible Phillips, Pace, and Nagy are.
    McCaskey would rather not lose than risk losing in order to win. I'm sure the advice he got around the league was "you made the playoffs twice in three years, you haven't sucked. That's hard to replicate."

I'm terrified as to what Pace is going to do this offseason. If I'm an opposing GM, I'm going to be pushing everything Pace's way and see what he's gonna leverage. Then next year when we're in cap hell with no draft picks, Pace can go tell McCaskey "I tried, but x,y and z happened".
    Last edited by Ron!n; 01-13-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I donít think Pace is unwilling to admit mistakes. He moves on from Floyd and got Quinn (although I donít agree Floyd was a mistake). He got Foles while Mitch was still here. He got Kmet and Graham after whiffing on Burton. He moved on from White.

Admitting one of your two biggest moves ever was a total miss is certainly different than all of those situations, but I do think Pace is willing to admit fault by moving on. And if Paceís job is at all at risk, he has to go all-in for a QB that can lead this team to double digit wins.

That is actually what scares me most - Pace goes all-in this offseason and mortgages this future, then gets fired (or promoted) and no one wants the Gm job because they are so limited in what they can do.

Yeah, Pace's problem isn't that he's not willing to admit when he's wrong, he's just very often not capable of being right.

0 for 3 at the QB position and he's getting another shot, it's insane.

You could sell me on keeping Nagy for another year but there's really no argument for keeping Pace around as the main decision maker. Guy just doesn't have it.

I really wonder what happens with Lazor, if he's "retained" would he just end up resigning? Dude doesn't seem happy working with Nagy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    Yeah, Pace's problem isn't that he's not willing to admit when he's wrong, he's just very often not capable of being right.

0 for 3 at the QB position and he's getting another shot, it's insane.

You could sell me on keeping Nagy for another year but there's really no argument for keeping Pace around as the main decision maker. Guy just doesn't have it.
    The funny thing is I think there's a bigger argument to canning Nagy. Either Pace can't pick a QB or Nagy can't make an offense work. Or both. Which is why it's so puzzling that both get to run it back again. Yeah, let's just blame Mitch for everything and ignore the guy who brought him in and the QB that couldn't develop him.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Also I used to be a big fan of Da Bears Blog, but these past few days have made it clear that he's a mouthpiece for Nagy or Phillips. He's done nothing but go to bat for them with no reason for it.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

I know this might sound stupid, but I really really do hope that we go 3-13 or something like that just to show how bad naggy really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    The funny thing is I think there's a bigger argument to canning Nagy. Either Pace can't pick a QB or Nagy can't make an offense work. Or both. Which is why it's so puzzling that both get to run it back again. Yeah, let's just blame Mitch for everything and ignore the guy who brought him in and the QB that couldn't develop him.
    We have a pretty big body of evidence that Pace can't pick a QB...

-Glennon
    -Mitch (trading UP for the guy and passing on Watson and Mahomes)
    -Foles

I personally think Nagy sucks too but that's 0 for 3 for Pace.

Nagy and Pace keep talking about growth. What growth? The team is getting progressively worse and older each year they've been there. Its just nauseating to listen to these bs justifications. I hate this organization with a passion right now.

McCaskey would rather not lose than risk losing in order to win. I'm sure the advice he got around the league was "you made the playoffs twice in three years, you haven't sucked. That's hard to replicate."

I'm terrified as to what Pace is going to do this offseason. If I'm an opposing GM, I'm going to be pushing everything Pace's way and see what he's gonna leverage. Then next year when we're in cap hell with no draft picks, Pace can go tell McCaskey "I tried, but x,y and z happened".
    The next GM will probably be left with 3 draft picks in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    We have a pretty big body of evidence that Pace can't pick a QB...

-Glennon
    -Mitch (trading UP for the guy and passing on Watson and Mahomes)
    -Foles

I personally think Nagy sucks too but that's 0 for 3 for Pace.
    I think the bigger issue isn't so much just the selection, but the number of QBs. We've needed much more competition during his tenure than what we've had.

I don't think people should be ignoring the context here either. Not like there's any reason to believe Pace really thought Glennon was any good, he was a bridge guy to get to Mitch in a year that we were gonna suck in anyway. He thought he might be able to flip him after a year if he performed decently. Not like that signing set us back or anything.

What set us back was not having competition for Mitch.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 01-13-2021 at 04:11 PM.

Yeah I keep hearing its a Nagy or Pace is the problem argument. No they are both horrible. Pace drafted Mitch, hired Nagy, and ignored the oline now its packed with players playing out of position and UDFAs. Nagy is horrible because his offense has gotten seemingly worse every year and certainly has not shown any improvement.