Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

I literally have no idea how good or qualified Desai is to run the defense. He seems to have the backing of at least a couple of former players, which is a positive. I like that he's familiar with the players on the roster and should already know everyone's strengths and weaknesses. All in all, I'm taking a wait and see approach, but I'm cautiously optimistic on the hire.

Is Desai some super genius or something? Heís a year younger than me, but got his 4 year college degree 1 year before me (I only went 4 years.) did he graduate high school and/or college early or something? Not only that, but two undergraduate degrees and a minor in that time. Then he got a Masterís, then a Doctorate. He may actually be the smartest guy in the room around Halas Hall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    Is Desai some super genius or something? Heís a year younger than me, but got his 4 year college degree 1 year before me (I only went 4 years.) did he graduate high school and/or college early or something? Not only that, but two undergraduate degrees and a minor in that time. Then he got a Masterís, then a Doctorate. He may actually be the smartest guy in the room around Halas Hall.

Definitely the most institutionally educated in Halas. At least among the known guys in the building.

He's Indian. That usually adds a few degrees when you come out of the womb.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Lolol

He's just Indian. No way his parents would allow him to have a career in football without a college degree [emoji23]

Haha damn beat me to it

Roto:

The Jets are Deshaun Watson's preferred trade partner.

The rightfully disgruntled franchise QB prefers the Jets "because they hired Robert Saleh to be their coach and Watson values Saleh so much he wanted the Texans to interview him for their vacant head coach job," according to the Miami Herald's Armando Salguero. The Dolphins, per Salguero, rank second on Watson's trade wish list. Recent reports out of Houston indicate it's a matter of when -- not if -- Watson is dealt away after the team's string of management mishaps that alienated the cornerstone of the franchise. Saleh has been complimentary of Sam Darnold, lauding the QB's "unbelievable arm talent," but has stopped short of naming him the Jets' 2021 starter. Darnold's shot at the starting gig would vanish the minute Watson is dealt to New York. Watson -- who has yet to officially request a trade -- would be a giant upgrade for all Jets pass catchers, including Jamison Crowder, Chris Herndon, and Denzel Mims,
    Well thatís great..

As a fellow South Asian, I can attest to this..lol

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Roto:

Well thatís great..
    Ya I knew it was a pipe dream

Ahhhh ok, I got it now. I was seriously perplexed on all those degrees lol

Not necessarily buying the Watson preferred destination list. The Jets are a ****en mess...he might like the coach but he cannot seriously like that situation. It's probably the TEXANS preferred destination, as they have a high pick.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Not necessarily buying the Watson preferred destination list. The Jets are a ****en mess...he might like the coach but he cannot seriously like that situation. It's probably the TEXANS preferred destination, as they have a high pick.
    I agree. Watson's "preferred destination list" includes any team that is not the Houston Texans. Any specific team is pure guessing.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I agree. Watson's "preferred destination list" includes any team that is not the Houston Texans. Any specific team is pure guessing.
    I'm sure he did give the Texans a list of teams he wants to go to, but the Texans don't have to oblige. They still have a lot of leverage and they're going to be looking for the best possible package for him. If a team offers an insane package, but isn't on the "preferred list" do you really think they're going to settle for a lesser package so quickly? I don't think so...they're going to play hardball and say if you don't accept this trade, we're just going to hold out...so let's assume the Bears AREN'T on the list (which I don't necessarily believe), would Watson have a change of heart knowing the Bears have the best offer and the Texans aren't playing nice and won't trade him anytime soon? If he wants out that bad, and he feels comfortable with Nagy (for some reason), the defense, and Pace showers him with whatever he wants, builds up the OL, and includes him on the roster construction, at least to an extent.....I don't see why he wouldn't come here even if Chicago might not necessarily be his top choice.