Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 160 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    If the defense performs, how would it ruin your career or taint their reputation?

I think itís a pretty minimal risk, and actually could boost your career given the talent on the defense. If the defense performs and Nagy gets fired, that doesnít hurt the DC in the eyes of the league
    You're taking a leap of faith that the defense is going to perform and/or not combust when the offense sucks and the HC gets fired 5 games into the season.

I'm not saying coordinators don't make a living off of taking 1 year gigs. But if you're looking for stability and no risk, then there are better positions out there. There are 6 or 7 new HCs out there this year looking for a coordinator and they'll give them a multi-year contract more likely. It might just be me, but I'd prefer to look there.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

2021 Bears Off Season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    You're taking a leap of faith that the defense is going to perform and/or not combust when the offense sucks and the HC gets fired 5 games into the season.

I'm not saying coordinators don't make a living off of taking 1 year gigs. But if you're looking for stability and no risk, then there are better positions out there. There are 6 or 7 new HCs out there this year looking for a coordinator and they'll give them a multi-year contract more likely. It might just be me, but I'd prefer to look there.
    You may be right, but I think any DC worth his salt could get the defense to a very formidable top 10 unit and considering no bears HC has ever been fired during the season, I think Nagy being fired 5 games in is optimistic. Maybe some DCs are looking for guaranteed stability past 1 season, but there is talent on the defense here, they do have Goldman coming back.

Donít get me wrong, I donít expect to see that 18 defense anytime soon, but I think this is a perfect opportunity for Wade. Plenty of talent to work with to establish himself as one of the best in the league again. If Nagy gets fired after the season, it will in no way effect his rep around the league. I donít know why they havenít brought him in yet.

2021 Bears Off Season thread

This organization just canít learn from itís previous mistake what a joke we have a bunch of clowns! smh man being a bears fan sucks ***!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Bears dude

Saw this coming. What a trash franchise. Fans should revolt against this ****. Just lost the best assistant on the team because they are busy interviewing Singletary. What a joke. I so wish all those morons would have been fired. I hope this team goes into the season with Foles and Winston and goes 3-13.

Why do I have a feeling our defense is going to regress really bad next season, it may not be Mel tucker bad, but close to that level.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Agreed.
    Yeah. Fuller is so underrated both in Chicago and nationally. Didn't have the splash plays this year but that's largely bc teams chose to attack JJ instead.

Is Rodgers going to be the DC there or still a DL coach?

Either way, it's a smart move by him. Better job security, gets to work with Staley again, and gets to coach a dude like Bosa, among others (that's a pretty talented D out there). That team is ascending too, unlike the **** show here.

At least for the time being, the Bulls and perhaps the White Sox are off but the Bears/Cubs and Hawks are the co-conductors of the crazy train of Chicago sports.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Is Rodgers going to be the DC there or still a DL coach?

Either way, it's a smart move by him. Better job security, gets to work with Staley again, and gets to coach a dude like Bosa, among others (that's a pretty talented D out there). That team is ascending too, unlike the **** show here.
    That's because they descended first and were able to get franchise cornerstones in Bosa and now Herbert. Getting that QB position right gives such a sense of excitement for fans and directly relates to winning. Our stupid ownership decided to give those two morons (Pace/Nagy) another shot at selecting a QB with very limited resources. And yes I know Nagy didn't select mitch, but he certainly hasn't developed him either. I don't trust Pace to select a guy and I don't trust Nagy to develop one. This ownership gives too many chances and forgets huge blunders too quickly. Pace should have never been given a chance to be in charge of a QB search again after Mitch.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    That's because they descended first and were able to get franchise cornerstones in Bosa and now Herbert. Getting that QB position right gives such a sense of excitement for fans and directly relates to winning. Our stupid ownership decided to give those two morons (Pace/Nagy) another shot at selecting a QB with very limited resources. And yes I know Nagy didn't select mitch, but he certainly hasn't developed him either. I don't trust Pace to select a guy and I don't trust Nagy to develop one. This ownership gives too many chances and forgets huge blunders too quickly. Pace should have never been given a chance to be in charge of a QB search again after Mitch.
    What kills me is that Biggs reported that they'd have been fired if they missed the playoffs. So backing in during an unusual year where an extra team is added to the pool is better?

They've set such a low bar that another 8-8 season and squeaking into the playoffs again would probably get them more time.

My biggest concern now is that Pace goes wild in trading away draft capital, but still gets fired after next season, thus leaving the job way less desirable than it is now (and it's not that desirable now lol). Then we probably have no choice but to completely start over.

I agree that switching to a 4-4 makes sense for this team. Quinn and Mack are ideal DEs in a 4-3. Roquan will be a great MLB. It just makes sense. If it helps Eddie, even better.

Whatever happens, at least we know that the bears will undoubtedly make the wrong decision. No need to get hopes up or be disappointed. They will **** this up and likely end up with someone worse than pagano