Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 153 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    In order to be 2nd best you will have to find a top 3 corner which is rare . Kyle is arguably top 10 at his position and played like a top 5 one before thing is we have no pass rush for two years now and the playcalling has been suspect
    Aside from the fact that our edge rusher opposite Mack has generally been bad...

I completely disagree. On the contrary, I think the reason we haven't had much of a pass rush is because the coverage hasn't been very good. Ball gets out too early against us. Anyway, Fuller is good, but I veheemently disagree that he's top 10 or that you need some kind of elite corner to make him the #2. Much like E-Jax in 2018, I think the odds are pretty good that Fuller's 2018 was also more an anomaly in his career and/or Fangio making him look good than anything.

The Bears just haven't had very good corner/secondary play in general since Fangio left.

They might as well bring Mitch back to play QB if they pass on all the blatantly better internal options than him smh. This org is just punishing.

Yea if Singletary comes in itís probably going to be for a year only, since by next year we are going to have a new Head coach with a new coaching staff. oh well we are going to suck next year so itís whatever at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just when you didnít think it could get more pathetic and embarrassing, they bring in singletary for an interview. This ****en franchise.....

Have they even contacted Wade at all?

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Just when you didnít think it could get more pathetic and embarrassing, they bring in singletary for an interview. This ****en franchise.....

Have they even contacted Wade at all?
    There's a good, good chance it's just an interview out of respect because he's a team legend, but yeah. Woof.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    There's a good, good chance it's just an interview out of respect because he's a team legend, but yeah. Woof.
    Also pandering to the meatheads out there.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

The talent is there for whoever to step in and coordinate a top 10 unit again, but I can't imagine it's a desirable situation with a lame duck GM & coach. Feels somewhat similar to when Lovie could never land a competent OC towards the end of his tenure (or ever, really) because he was always on the hot seat.

Just another reason why they should have fired em all, but whatever.

Out of respect for a team legend, they shouldn't get his hopes up or waste his time. At least that's how I see it. He's an absolutely horrible coach.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    The talent is there for whoever to step in and coordinate a top 10 unit again, but I can't imagine it's a desirable situation with a lame duck GM & coach. Feels somewhat similar to when Lovie could never land a competent OC towards the end of his tenure (or ever, really) because he was always on the hot seat.

Just another reason why they should have fired em all, but whatever.

You may be right, but does the lame duck thing really matter for a DC? Don't they still get paid either way ?

You may be right, but does the lame duck thing really matter for a DC? Don't they still get paid either way ?
    1 year job vs a career. Also can taint your reputation.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Out of respect for a team legend, they shouldn't get his hopes up or waste his time. At least that's how I see it. He's an absolutely horrible coach.
    Just don't hire him, that's all I ask. Anyway, yeah he'd be a terrible choice. Out of the league 5 years and even before that he didn't really have much experience in any capacity anyway. I'd take Pagano back in a heartbeat over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    If the defense performs, how would it ruin your career or taint their reputation?

I think itís a pretty minimal risk, and actually could boost your career given the talent on the defense. If the defense performs and Nagy gets fired, that doesnít hurt the DC in the eyes of the league

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Probably not ideal to move you and your family to a new place for 1 year either. That wouldn't matter for a guy like Wade Phillips, but still.

2021 Bears Off Season thread

DC takes the job just to look good for another or possible hc gig no better than using this crop

Just don't hire him, that's all I ask. Anyway, yeah he'd be a terrible choice. Out of the league 5 years and even before that he didn't really have much experience in any capacity anyway. I'd take Pagano back in a heartbeat over that.
    For sure. Heard somewhere heís coaching HS football and hasnít won a game in two years or something