Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Derek Carr would be super underwhelming for me. I could get excited about Matt Ryan though.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Derek Carr would be super underwhelming for me. I could get excited about Matt Ryan though.
    I am the opposite. At least there is some upside to Carr. Ryan is probably toast and he can't move. Plus he won't be bringing Julio, Ridley, Tony Gonzalez, or Hooper. Ryan is a more realistic option though if they draft a QB he's probably gone.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    I am the opposite. At least there is some upside to Carr. Ryan is probably toast and he can't move. Plus he won't be bringing Julio, Ridley, Tony Gonzalez, or Hooper. Ryan is a more realistic option though if they draft a QB he's probably gone.
    Agreed

2021 Bears Off Season thread

I ask this having never been and still not a Winston fan...

Why not sign Winston to start on a 1-2 year contract? He canít be worse than Mitch/Foles and he wonít be expensive. CHI could then draft a guy to learn from Winston/Foles for 1-2 years and then hopefully become the starter. It would take a lot less money, meaning CHI could work on other areas - ARob & OL - with a little more wiggle room.

Again, I donít live this idea, but I may not hate it either. It isnít sexy, but I think CHI would have been a 10-win team with Winston this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I ask this having never been and still not a Winston fan...

Why not sign Winston to start on a 1-2 year contract? He canít be worse than Mitch/Foles and he wonít be expensive. CHI could then draft a guy to learn from Winston/Foles for 1-2 years and then hopefully become the starter. It would take a lot less money, meaning CHI could work on other areas - ARob & OL - with a little more wiggle room.

Again, I donít live this idea, but I may not hate it either. It isnít sexy, but I think CHI would have been a 10-win team with Winston this year.

Winston sucks. He absolutely can be as bad as Mitch and Foles. One trick play where he hit a wide open receiver shouldn't change anyone's mind on that.

Winston got eye surgery after he left Tampa heís been blind this whole time. He new age cutty , def take his arm over Foles

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Winston sucks. He absolutely can be as bad as Mitch and Foles. One trick play where he hit a wide open receiver shouldn't change anyone's mind on that.
    He did have eye problems and still put up 30 tds and 5k yards.........with 30 picks lmao

With a great oline running game and defense he'd be a VERY intriguing guy to take a risk on.

Because he has the potential to carry the team any given Sunday.

Can he figure it out?

Seems near impossible this many years in. Amazing pick for a backup though.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Far from my first choice but I'd take him as well. As far as FA goes it's Fitz Winston or run it back with Foles.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    What upside? He's not really young (29), he's always been a middle of the road QB and his numbers bear that out. He's generally very overrated around here. Not the type of guy that elevates an Offense.

You're probably right about Ryan too. I said before the only guy that could legitimately save Pace's job is someone like Watson. I don't see that happening with Carr or Ryan.

I'd probably just throw the house at Dak tbh because I doubt Watson is happening.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-17-2021 at 10:05 PM.

Would you guys be okay if we signed Philip rivers for like a 1-2 year deal If he decides to continue to play? Than we can draft a Qb that will learn from rivers.

Last edited by bears88; 01-17-2021 at 10:21 PM.

No

I see oh well that was just food for thought lol

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    What upside? He's not really young (29), he's always been a middle of the road QB and his numbers bear that out. He's generally very overrated around here. Not the type of guy that elevates an Offense.

You're probably right about Ryan too. I said before the only guy that could legitimately save Pace's job is someone like Watson. I don't see that happening with Carr or Ryan.

I'd probably just throw the house at Dak tbh because I doubt Watson is happening.
    I thought his numbers were middle of the road but last couple of years they have been top 8-12

The issue I have is numbers can be incredibly misleading.

Tannehill is a top 3-5 qb numbers wise the last two seasons and I would easily take 10 over him, probably more because I think he's in an amazing situation in Tennessee

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 48 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast