Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 48 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 2182
  1. #706
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,820
    Derek Carr would be super underwhelming for me. I could get excited about Matt Ryan though.

  2. #707
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    13,961
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Derek Carr would be super underwhelming for me. I could get excited about Matt Ryan though.
    I am the opposite. At least there is some upside to Carr. Ryan is probably toast and he can't move. Plus he won't be bringing Julio, Ridley, Tony Gonzalez, or Hooper. Ryan is a more realistic option though if they draft a QB he's probably gone.

  3. #708
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22,497
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    I am the opposite. At least there is some upside to Carr. Ryan is probably toast and he can't move. Plus he won't be bringing Julio, Ridley, Tony Gonzalez, or Hooper. Ryan is a more realistic option though if they draft a QB he's probably gone.
    Agreed

  4. #709
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    51,090

    2021 Bears Off Season thread


  5. #710
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,115
    I ask this having never been and still not a Winston fan...

    Why not sign Winston to start on a 1-2 year contract? He canít be worse than Mitch/Foles and he wonít be expensive. CHI could then draft a guy to learn from Winston/Foles for 1-2 years and then hopefully become the starter. It would take a lot less money, meaning CHI could work on other areas - ARob & OL - with a little more wiggle room.

    Again, I donít live this idea, but I may not hate it either. It isnít sexy, but I think CHI would have been a 10-win team with Winston this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #711
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I ask this having never been and still not a Winston fan...

    Why not sign Winston to start on a 1-2 year contract? He canít be worse than Mitch/Foles and he wonít be expensive. CHI could then draft a guy to learn from Winston/Foles for 1-2 years and then hopefully become the starter. It would take a lot less money, meaning CHI could work on other areas - ARob & OL - with a little more wiggle room.

    Again, I donít live this idea, but I may not hate it either. It isnít sexy, but I think CHI would have been a 10-win team with Winston this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Winston sucks. He absolutely can be as bad as Mitch and Foles. One trick play where he hit a wide open receiver shouldn't change anyone's mind on that.

  7. #712
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    51,090

    2021 Bears Off Season thread

    Winston got eye surgery after he left Tampa heís been blind this whole time. He new age cutty , def take his arm over Foles

  8. #713
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,080
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Winston sucks. He absolutely can be as bad as Mitch and Foles. One trick play where he hit a wide open receiver shouldn't change anyone's mind on that.
    He did have eye problems and still put up 30 tds and 5k yards.........with 30 picks lmao


    With a great oline running game and defense he'd be a VERY intriguing guy to take a risk on.

    Because he has the potential to carry the team any given Sunday.

    Can he figure it out?

    Seems near impossible this many years in. Amazing pick for a backup though.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  9. #714
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    26,395
    Far from my first choice but I'd take him as well. As far as FA goes it's Fitz Winston or run it back with Foles.

  10. #715
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    51,090

  11. #716
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,820
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    I am the opposite. At least there is some upside to Carr. Ryan is probably toast and he can't move. Plus he won't be bringing Julio, Ridley, Tony Gonzalez, or Hooper. Ryan is a more realistic option though if they draft a QB he's probably gone.
    What upside? He's not really young (29), he's always been a middle of the road QB and his numbers bear that out. He's generally very overrated around here. Not the type of guy that elevates an Offense.

    You're probably right about Ryan too. I said before the only guy that could legitimately save Pace's job is someone like Watson. I don't see that happening with Carr or Ryan.

    I'd probably just throw the house at Dak tbh because I doubt Watson is happening.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-17-2021 at 10:05 PM.

  12. #717
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14,045

    2021 Bears Off Season thread

    Would you guys be okay if we signed Philip rivers for like a 1-2 year deal If he decides to continue to play? Than we can draft a Qb that will learn from rivers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bears88; 01-17-2021 at 10:21 PM.

  13. #718
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    51,090
    No

  14. #719
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14,045
    I see oh well that was just food for thought lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #720
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,080
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    What upside? He's not really young (29), he's always been a middle of the road QB and his numbers bear that out. He's generally very overrated around here. Not the type of guy that elevates an Offense.

    You're probably right about Ryan too. I said before the only guy that could legitimately save Pace's job is someone like Watson. I don't see that happening with Carr or Ryan.

    I'd probably just throw the house at Dak tbh because I doubt Watson is happening.
    I thought his numbers were middle of the road but last couple of years they have been top 8-12

    The issue I have is numbers can be incredibly misleading.

    Tannehill is a top 3-5 qb numbers wise the last two seasons and I would easily take 10 over him, probably more because I think he's in an amazing situation in Tennessee

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 48 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •