Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    The more I think about it, Pace has to go all in on Watson. Watson is demanding out. Bear need a franchise QB. He gets to right his wrong and bring Watson to Chicago. Sucks he didn't draft him but at the end of the day, this is a superbowl contender with Watson. Can't let pride or ego prevent you from bringing in the missing piece.
    It's probably good that it happened this way. If the Bears drafted and developed him he'd probably suck right now. Someone else developed him into a great QB now we just have to trade for him and hopefully not ruin him.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I still have doubts about the Texans' willingness to trade Watson. Even if they do, there will probably be more competition in that market than any trade in league history. Watson also has the no trade clause, so who knows if he'd even wanna come here.

Point here is that I don't think it's as simple as Pace wanting to make a trade happen and being willing to do everything he can to try and make it happen.
    I don't think the Texas want to trade Watson, obviously...I'm just not sure if they'll be able to repair the relationship and they might be forced to trade him. As far as Watson wanting to come here, it's anyone's guess, but the Bears do have a good defense and they have some pieces on offense (especially if Robinson is brought back). I mean....Watson on this team is a super bowl contender. I would think that appeals to Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    It's probably good that it happened this way. If the Bears drafted and developed him he'd probably suck right now. Someone else developed him into a great QB now we just have to trade for him and hopefully not ruin him.
    That's actually a good point. I never thought of it like that

Watson for 2021 1st, 2022 1st or 2nd, Hicks, and Mack.

Bolster a Houston defense that has some talent but needs more help up front to get quickly competitive, give draft picks to entice, and clear cap on our end to be able to take on that contract.

We desperately would need pass rush, but shift to a 4-3 and suddenly have few holes in the roster with Goldman back, and I think weíre in a decent spot and probably moving appropriate value.

Ainít happening, but it sounds good to my Madden brain lol

I don't think the Texas want to trade Watson, obviously...I'm just not sure if they'll be able to repair the relationship and they might be forced to trade him. As far as Watson wanting to come here, it's anyone's guess, but the Bears do have a good defense and they have some pieces on offense (especially if Robinson is brought back). I mean....Watson on this team is a super bowl contender. I would think that appeals to Watson.
    Watson is under contract for 4 years. A holdout is one thing, but is he really gonna sit out for 4 years?

I'm sure the Texans can get some monsterous offers if they choose to move him, but man, he's a legit MVP caliber QB. It'll be harder to find another piece like him than it will to build a competent team around him regardless of how many 1st round picks you can get for him.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Watson for 2021 1st, 2022 1st or 2nd, Hicks, and Mack.

Bolster a Houston defense that has some talent but needs more help up front to get quickly competitive, give draft picks to entice, and clear cap on our end to be able to take on that contract.

We desperately would need pass rush, but shift to a 4-3 and suddenly have few holes in the roster with Goldman back, and I think weíre in a decent spot and probably moving appropriate value.

Ainít happening, but it sounds good to my Madden brain lol
    I don't think there's any way that's happening.

I would guess the conversations start with 3 or 4 1st round picks and some 2nds. Maybe even a young player too. I'm not really sure there's precedent for a 25 year old HoF caliber QB.

HOU gets: Mack, 2021 1st rounder, 2022 1st rounder, 2022 3rd rounder

CHI gets: Watson, 2022 5th rounder

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    HOU gets: Mack, 2021 1st rounder, 2022 1st rounder, 2022 3rd rounder

CHI gets: Watson, 2022 5th rounder
    I donít think that would be enough. Also, if the bears are going all in, Iíd rather give up an additional 1st (or more) and keep Mack.

But I donít see any way the Texans would trade Watson without getting back at least 3 1sts and more. I doubt they want a highly paid player in return

I donít think that would be enough. Also, if the bears are going all in, Iíd rather give up an additional 1st (or more) and keep Mack.

But I donít see any way the Texans would trade Watson without getting back at least 3 1sts and more. I doubt they want a highly paid player in return
    Agreed. And if you move Mack, this defense is no longer "championship caliber." It's hanging on by a thread as is.

If itís going to cost us a lot, than I rather move up in the draft and get fields or Wilson thatís a much cheaper way than the Watson route, but thatís just me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itís a swap of two superstars and their contracts (with the bears probably eating more of Mackís) and hou gets 3 high picks. At any rate itís a starting point - I just hope we try.

Hereís my offer:

2021 1st and 3rd
    2022 1st and 2nd
    2023 2nd and 4th
    2024 1st and 3rd
    2025 2nd and 5th

Bears get to keep their 1st in 23 and 25. Itís a haul. Bears get a franchise QB though...you have to pay the toll

I think the bears will still have enough picks (especially if they trade down some) to do enough in the draft over the next 5 years. Assuming pace sticks, heís been good in the mid rounds.

Build up the offense line and add another play maker or two over the next 2 seasons and then start rebuilding the defense and getting younger there. The D should still be top 10ish the next two years with a better DC. Bears could compete now and then do a quick reshuffle in a couple seasons as opposed to a full on rebuild.

I think Watson definitely gets traded.

I also don't think the price is gonna be as outrageous as I've heard. Mainly because Watson has a lot of leverage if he absolutely wants out with that trade clause. If he's super picky about where he wants to go... Houston loses leverage in a trade.