Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Pace has to get him.. Weíve never had a franchise QB.. do whatever it takes - Iím at this point.

Right them wrongs pace!

5 1sts to Houston when you could have drafted him at #3 lol

Just thinking what type of D coordinator we would be able to get with a lame duck GM and coach this year. I mean who would really want to hitch their cart to those horses? With the schedule we have next year. Nagy and Pace is most likely gone next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we can get Watson or someone like a Matt Ryan and pickup a D coordinator like Wade Phillips even with our tough schedule we have a great shot at being a playoff team

This team has a lot of great talent. The gaping hole is the D Coordinator, the QB and 2 Lineman. Pace fills these spots with top quality people this should be a playoff team easily

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Yeah, hard pass on Wentz.
    The only thing that I hesitate with Wentz is Nagy probably isn't the guy to assure a rebound. Other than that I think he would've been very good again next season if he left Philly. It seems like he might be staying now though. The huge contract is concerning too, if he doesn't rebound you're screwed. I completely understand the disinterest in bringing him in.

Tua over Carr? Lolol

And Dalton?
    Tua is a highly regarded prospect. I'm not convinced he's a bust after one year. That could change very quickly though

Dalton, I like him and he's been a guy that leads high flying offenses. He did really well for Dallas this season. The level of disrespect for him career wise is a but overboard imo. HOWEVER, Thinking back on it though nah I'd take Carr over Dalton lol, while I respect Dalton he isn't proven in big games either and he's clearly not the same qb he was 5 or so years ago.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 01-16-2021 at 12:52 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    The only thing that I hesitate with Wentz is Nagy probably isn't the guy to assure a rebound. Other than that I think he would've been very good again next season if he left Philly. It seems like he might be staying now though. The huge contract is concerning too, if he doesn't rebound you're screwed. I completely understand the disinterest in bringing him in.

Tua is a highly regarded prospect. I'm not convinced he's a bust after one year. That could change very quickly though

Dalton, I like him and he's been a guy that leads high flying offenses. He did really well for Dallas this season. The level of disrespect for him career wise is a but overboard imo. HOWEVER, Thinking back on it though nah I'd take Carr over Dalton lol, while I respect Dalton he isn't proven in big games either and he's clearly not the same qb he was 5 or so years ago.

Tua has been bad. Plenty of highly regarded prospects have been a bust. Iíll take the guy with the proven track record.

Your position on this is weird. A few weeks ago you said if Mitch didnít get the bears to the Super Bowl, the bears would be better off with anyone else next season. Now youíre saying you would rather the bears re-sign Mitch than go after Carr lol

I think Carr is safely a top 15 QB in the nfl. Thatís a gigantic upgrade to what the bears trotted out this year.

Tua has been bad. Plenty of highly regarded prospects have been a bust. Iíll take the guy with the proven track record.

Your position on this is weird. A few weeks ago you said if Mitch didnít get the bears to the Super Bowl, the bears would be better off with anyone else next season. Now youíre saying you would rather the bears re-sign Mitch than go after Carr lol

I think Carr is safely a top 15 QB in the nfl. Thatís a gigantic upgrade to what the bears trotted out this year.
    I did take back the mitch position after a lot of waffling and saying I would take mitch lol, to be fair.

Tua could be bad. Seems awfully quick to be certain of that though

You're right though, I'm very hesitant on Carr. Its weird. I don't even trust given the same supporting cast, playcalling , and coaching that he would be better than 15 qbs next season. I just don't trust that Gruden hasn't covered his flaws and set him to succeed perfectly. That he isn't what we would call a system qb at this point.

That would be on with an older bridge guy (top 16ish) since it wouldn't be some long term commitment but Carr would come with a long term deal I'm sure. It terrifies me.

I'm not a gm , so don't worry lol. I'm probably wrong (I'm well versed in being wrong as you know) and we'll see how Carr does in the future.

Last edited by blams; 01-16-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

If Watson is available Pace has to do what it takes to get him.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

Tua looked pretty bad. He may end up being pretty good, but he's far from a certainty. I have the same concerns about him that I have about most Alabama QB's in that he's consistently surrounded by 5 star talent, so he's tough to evaluate. That's not his fault, but he very well could be a product of his surroundings and not the one to elevate the players around him. Plus, his injury history is not great and he was soundly outplayed by Fitzpatrick, even to the point that some veterans on that team questioned why he took the job from him.

The Bears need more of a sure thing, especially if Pace is trying to save his job.

The more I think about it, Pace has to go all in on Watson. Watson is demanding out. Bear need a franchise QB. He gets to right his wrong and bring Watson to Chicago. Sucks he didn't draft him but at the end of the day, this is a superbowl contender with Watson. Can't let pride or ego prevent you from bringing in the missing piece.

Do we even have cap space for Watson? I donít know much about our caps situation, but I heard we are tight on money, unless we do some restructuring and some cuts than thatís the only way we can make it work I think lol

I still have doubts about the Texans' willingness to trade Watson. Even if they do, there will probably be more competition in that market than any trade in league history. Watson also has the no trade clause, so who knows if he'd even wanna come here.

Point here is that I don't think it's as simple as Pace wanting to make a trade happen and being willing to do everything he can to try and make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    Do we even have cap space for Watson? I donít know much about our caps situation, but I heard we are tight on money, unless we do some restructuring and some cuts than thatís the only way we can make it work I think lol

We can definitely make it work. His cap hit is very reasonable next year. 16 mil, but pretty sure the Bears would only be responsible for 10 mil after a trade. Idk NFL cap is confusing.

As much as I'd like to acquire Watson, it very much feels like a long shot. I'm not expecting that at all.

I'd think the best we can realistically hope for is either Matt Ryan or a trade up for Fields in the scenario where the Jets decide to pass on him and stick with Darnold.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-16-2021 at 02:41 PM.

Can they actually trade right now or they have to wait for the official offseason to be able to?