Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

2021 Bears Off Season thread

Last edited by Stunner; 01-14-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Was mentioned on the Hoge and Jahns pod yesterday, but they feel like George and Ted are afraid to repeat the Emery and Trestman disaster since they kept highlighting the team's culture.
    Could be...although what other remotely positive thing can you point to other than "culture" which is pretty subjective anyways. Pace does bring in high character guys for the most part. But the most important element to the culture, IMO, is what they're missing...and that's winning football games, playing disciplined and tough football, and giving your team the best chance to win. They're not disciplined, they're a finesse offense that can't score points, and Nagy gets out coached every game. The culture, from a fans perspective, blows. But yeah, Pace and Nagy are good guys that don't rustle any feathers. Might as well get around the camp fire and sing kumbaya because that's all they have going for em.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    #conviction

Quote Originally Posted by kg2tb View Post
    #conviction
    who you can want , fields , wilson or trey

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    In the man's defense, how often are any front offices up front about questions like that? I'm sure he didn't wanna publically knock Mitch either. It wasn't a question that ever had a chance of being answered.

He declined Mitch's option last year and didn't really leave us with any suggestion that there were even thoughts of bringing him back. I don't really care beyond that. All press conferences are ********.

Firing Pace & Nagy is the only thing that would've pleased people. Beyond that, there was nothing anyone could've said that would make anyone happy. Which is fine, but nitpicking what are obvious politically correct answers to the questions they're getting isn't really a problem, it's the job they've done that should've gotten them fired.

Overall, at least it feels like there will be changes this year, just not the total overhaul we wanted.
    The fact that Foles was the only other QB on a SB caliber roster says enough about Pace and his evaluation of Mitch. Sorry if I'm not falling for his doublespeak.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

I completely forgot about hooker lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Not really what he was saying right. He is saying whether Pace is the GM or not Fans will tune in and they will get their money. IF they like working with pace they will keep him regardless.

I dont think he was saying they are being stingy with money. I dont think its a money issue at all. They just like Pace and Nagy. If they hated them I think they would be gone but both can talk their way around a room and shake hands and do the niceties.

Like people realize we fired Fox right. I dont think the FO is afraid to fire people and spend money at all. I think people are confusing the Bulls with the Bears. We have fired many coaches and GMs and eaten the money. it has nothing to do with $ IMO.
    who you can want , fields , wilson or trey
    Carr

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Not really what he was saying right. He is saying whether Pace is the GM or not Fans will tune in and they will get their money. IF they like working with pace they will keep him regardless.

I dont think he was saying they are being stingy with money. I dont think its a money issue at all. They just like Pace and Nagy. If they hated them I think they would be gone but both can talk their way around a room and shake hands and do the niceties.

Like people realize we fired Fox right. I dont think the FO is afraid to fire people and spend money at all. I think people are confusing the Bulls with the Bears. We have fired many coaches and GMs and eaten the money. it has nothing to do with $ IMO.
    Oh, I know they can fire Pace and Nagy, but who gets to replace them? That's right; the same people that hired them, and Fox, and Emery/Trestman, and Angelo/Lovie (some success, but it was sporadic), and Jauron, etc.

Until change comes from the top, nothing will change for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    The fact that Foles was the only other QB on a SB caliber roster says enough about Pace and his evaluation of Mitch. Sorry if I'm not falling for his doublespeak.
    I mean, I agree, he definitely should have been more vigilant in adding competition for Mitch, but the last two years we've had no 1st round pick, and Brady/Rivers weren't gonna sign here, so he was always gonna be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Anyway, I don't think it is double speak, he put all his eggs in Mitch's basket pretty much after he made the Mack trade. I think Foles is about as good of a backup as he could've had, the big issue for me is that he didn't address the position sooner (the 2018 off-season), but what's done is done.

Again, he declined Mitch's 5th year option last year, so I don't think there were any signs of delusion coming from the front office, at least in regards to Trubisky.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 01-14-2021 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I can understand not wanting to just be firing guys every 4-5 years, but yeah, just being consistently mediocre is so pointless in any sport. Either tear it down or go all in. Enough of this half measure crap.
    Yep I'd rather be the Jaguars at this point. #1 overall pick, new GM, new HC, 11 draft picks, 100 million in cap space, good oline, good young WR in Chark, Myles Jack, Josh Allen. That team is set up for a quick turnaround.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Trade up for Fields confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Yep I'd rather be the Jaguars at this point. #1 overall pick, new GM, new HC, 11 draft picks, 100 million in cap space, good oline, good young WR in Chark, Myles Jack, Josh Allen. That team is set up for a quick turnaround.
    Is it a quick turnaround if the team won more than 6 games once in 10 years?

But yes, I would trade places with where the Jaguars are right now in a heartbeat obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Trade up for Fields confirmed?
    I mean Jesus, I'd take it. Go big or go home. This team is gonna be insufferable to watch without a franchise QB the next couple years anyway. Might as well go down swining.