Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    Now George is on The Score recycling the BS he tried to spin on ESPN.

He's saying he was content with Pace's due diligence in (not) vetting Watson over Mitch and Mahomes

We're ****ed until they sell or move on
    Last edited by flclfanman; 01-14-2021 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Itís neither. They simply donít care. They like working with pace and Nagy. Theyíre still gonna be filthy rich no matter what. Theyíre fine and content with that. Winning and being respected around the league isnít a concern of theirs. Or at least lower on the list
    Can't take it with you when you die .

Hope he likes Lombardi laughing at his nearly empty trophy case in the great beyond

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Just like that....the cap isnít an issue!!!

The only guy listed above that I donít restructure is Quinn. You want to be able to get out of that contract ASAP if he doesnít perform next year, in which, he knows he might get cut, so maybe he actually does perform!!!!
    Like i stated I hate the idea. if cap isnt going up next year then you are super boned.

add like 30-40 for Watson plus a ton of the like 40 mil i just put into the later years of guys. PLus when do we have to resign Roquan? like things add up quick man.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I think Lance would make a ton of sense as a pick if you also acquire Ryan/Stafford , maybe even Carr

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    +1

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Unpopular opinion:

I donít want to draft a QB until Day 3 this year.

Maximize the payoff we get with our picks with some OL and playmakers this year and see what the 2022 draft brings
    I dont disagree. Again I think none of the guys make an impact this year and its too unclear if Pace and Nagy will be back. I have broken down in the past how many QBs fail after coaching changes. Its not good to have one guys develop him for a year and then another guy take over with a totally diferent mindset.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Foles, a Day 3 pick, a FA, or someone we trade for. I donít have a name for who that is.

Is it a good plan? Nope, but Iíd rather punt next year and load up on some young talent in other areas of need since weíre cap strapped than reach for a QB, give up draft picks to move up, or overpay for someone in a trade (I.e. the 1st+ for Ryan talk).

Iím not optimistic that this regime makes it past next season, and Iíd rather add high value talent if itís a smarter choice than a QB prospect. And I donít think weíre going to get a decent prospect at 20.
    I think most of us would be fine with that. in fact looking back I think most would agree we wish we had tanked the 3 game winnign streak too and gone 5-11 and been drafting somewhere between like 7-10. You could realistically start talking about a Zach wilson then. Nagy is basically 100% gone then so I like drafitng a QB much more then.

But the reality is like others have stated. Pace and Nagy will be fighting for a job. Go big in FA/Draft. We will probably end up 8-8 or better next year (still wont beat the packers though)

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post

Hope he likes Lombardi laughing at his nearly empty trophy case in the great beyond
    Right but they really like pace from all Iíve heard. They would rather work with a guy they like, that is a good company man, then go out and try to find the best available talent. Theyíre not concerned with winning.

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post

Not really what he was saying right. He is saying whether Pace is the GM or not Fans will tune in and they will get their money. IF they like working with pace they will keep him regardless.

I dont think he was saying they are being stingy with money. I dont think its a money issue at all. They just like Pace and Nagy. If they hated them I think they would be gone but both can talk their way around a room and shake hands and do the niceties.

Like people realize we fired Fox right. I dont think the FO is afraid to fire people and spend money at all. I think people are confusing the Bulls with the Bears. We have fired many coaches and GMs and eaten the money. it has nothing to do with $ IMO.

-Rem Koolhaas

Right but they really like pace from all Iíve heard. They would rather work with a guy they like, that is a good company man, then go out and try to find the best available talent. Theyíre not concerned with winning.
    That's really how it feels.

The presser was absolutely laughable.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Listening to Bears brass yesterday and George right now... yup I've lost all hope.
    Zero accountability, acting like their perseverance during a 6 game losing streak is some great accomplishment, hyping up their "culture", being pleased with their collaboration, etc. Pace basically dodged a question about his decision to take Mitch over Mahomes and Watson too...at least ****ing own it man.

All a bunch of nonsense.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-14-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Zero accountability, acting like their perseverance during a 6 game losing streak is some great accomplishment, hyping up their "culture", being pleased with their collaboration, etc. Pace basically dodged a question about his decision to take Mitch over Mahomes and Watson too...at least ****ing own it man.

All a bunch of nonsense.
    They were talking a lot about continuity too...

Continuity of mediocrity is not something to strive for

****in' bears.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Not really what he was saying right. He is saying whether Pace is the GM or not Fans will tune in and they will get their money. IF they like working with pace they will keep him regardless.

I dont think he was saying they are being stingy with money. I dont think its a money issue at all. They just like Pace and Nagy. If they hated them I think they would be gone but both can talk their way around a room and shake hands and do the niceties.

Like people realize we fired Fox right. I dont think the FO is afraid to fire people and spend money at all. I think people are confusing the Bulls with the Bears. We have fired many coaches and GMs and eaten the money. it has nothing to do with $ IMO.
    Exactly.

That's really how it feels.

The presser was absolutely laughable.

Just embarrassing.

Was mentioned on the Hoge and Jahns pod yesterday, but they feel like George and Ted are afraid to repeat the Emery and Trestman disaster since they kept highlighting the team's culture.

They were talking a lot about continuity too...

Continuity of mediocrity is not something to strive for

****in' bears.

I can understand not wanting to just be firing guys every 4-5 years, but yeah, just being consistently mediocre is so pointless in any sport. Either tear it down or go all in. Enough of this half measure crap.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

All a bunch of nonsense.
    In the man's defense, how often are any front offices up front about questions like that? I'm sure he didn't wanna publically knock Mitch either. It wasn't a question that ever had a chance of being answered.

He declined Mitch's option last year and didn't really leave us with any suggestion that there were even thoughts of bringing him back. I don't really care beyond that. All press conferences are ********.

Firing Pace & Nagy is the only thing that would've pleased people. Beyond that, there was nothing anyone could've said that would make anyone happy. Which is fine, but nitpicking what are obvious politically correct answers to the questions they're getting isn't really a problem, it's the job they've done that should've gotten them fired.

Overall, at least it feels like there will be changes this year, just not the total overhaul we wanted.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 01-14-2021 at 06:51 PM.