Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I don't disagree he wouldn't make a big difference. I just don't think he would make a big enough difference.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    You said you'd rather resign Mitch than trade for Carr. That is a silly take Blams it just is.

Dak is better now than he was in those years. His rookie year and a couple after he was a guy that needed a heavy run offense. That means you're bad imo.

The last couple seasons - when zeke and the Cowboys oline has been at his worst - he's been a guy that has shown he can lead an explosive passing attack.

If you put Carr on the falcons super bowl team I'm not sure they even make the NFCCG.
    Dude Ryan had Julio Jones, Sanu, Hooper, Taylor Gabriel, and two 1,000 yard RBs. That was an elite offensive roster yeah Carr would probably have put up insane numbers and won a ton of games.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    You said you'd rather resign Mitch than trade for Carr. That is a silly take Blams it just is.
    I don't want a top 15ish qb

I want a guy that can put up a top 5 season with a good supporting cast. I think Stafford and Ryan can still do that. Dak can imo, and Watson is far and away the best option.

Next up after those 4 would be carr.

Asking for too much, sure. But I don't want some above average qb.

The reason I said I'd rather resign mitch is I want to take a shot at elite performance , or just tank. Let mitch get pace/Nagy fired.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Dvoa since 2015:
    Carr:
    2015: 13th
    2016: 6th
    2017: 13th
    2018: 22nd
    2019: 8th
    2020: 9th

That's 3 top 10 finishes, including 2 in 3 years and only one that wasn't top 15.

Prescott:
    2016: 3rd
    2017: 17th
    2018: 26th
    2019: 6th
    2020: 8th (but he only played 5 games)

Same for Dak

PFF grades:
    Carr:
    2015: 10th
    2016: 5th
    2017: 22nd
    2018: 21st
    2019: 11th

Dak:
    2016: 7th
    2017: 19th
    2018: 20th
    2019: 10th
    2020: 8th (again, only 5 games)

They actually have pretty stunningly close rankings by both metrics from year to year. They even struggled in the same 2 seasons. When you consider the contracts that both QBs will have for the foreseeable future, it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Dvoa since 2015:
    Carr:
    2015: 13th
    2016: 6th
    2017: 13th
    2018: 22nd
    2019: 8th

That's 3 top 10 finishes, including 2 in 3 years and only one that wasn't top 15.

Prescott:
    2016: 3rd
    2017: 17th
    2018: 26th
    2019: 6th
    2020: 8th (but he only played 5 games)

Same for Dak

PFF grades:
    Carr:
    2015: 10th
    2016: 5th
    2017: 22nd
    2018: 21st
    2019: 11th

Dak:
    2016: 7th
    2017: 19th
    2018: 20th
    2019: 10th
    2020: 8th (again, only 5 games)

They actually have pretty stunningly close rankings by both metrics from year to year. They even struggled in the same 2 seasons. When you consider the contracts that both QBs will have for the foreseeable future, it's not even close.
    I hope you're right man. I'd gladly be wrong .

Ill admit im surprised to see that. But I still think given the same system , playcalling, and supporting cast dak would be better. He did make a big jump the last two seasons , but Carr was right there.

I think I'm getting turned off on Carr by how much Raiders fans disliked him but that is admittedly a bit pointless.

Fans are stupid.

Last edited by blams; 01-13-2021 at 11:48 PM.

Click here to register!

Ill admit im surprised to see that. But I still think given the same system , playcalling, and supporting cast dak would be better. He did make a big jump the last two seasons , but Carr was right there.

I think I'm getting turned off on Carr by how much Raiders fans disliked him but that is admittedly a bit pointless.

Fans are stupid.

I think it's reasonable to make a case that Dak's career has been slightly better. I don't think you can take a position that one is elite and the other is just middling or okay. They're pretty close.

For me, the difference is that Carr's contract is a steal right now compared to what Dak will make, which will likely be out of our price range anyway.

You can also prefer Stafford or Dak or Watson all you want, we have to consider the players the Bears will actually be able to acquire. I think Carr and Ryan are a lot more likely than any of the other three (assuming the Raiders are dumb enough to trade him). Overall, as a Bears fan, you'd have to be happy with any of those guys if we somehow got one.

Carr is probably the best pure value passer on the market, assuming he even is. He'd likely give us the best bang for our buck.

I don't want a top 15ish qb

I want a guy that can put up a top 5 season with a good supporting cast. I think Stafford and Ryan can still do that. Dak can imo, and Watson is far and away the best option.

Next up after those 4 would be carr.

Asking for too much, sure. But I don't want some above average qb.

The reason I said I'd rather resign mitch is I want to take a shot at elite performance , or just tank. Let mitch get pace/Nagy fired.

Derek Carr has been as good as Ryan and Stafford the past two years.

Carr 2019: 4054 21 Tds 8 ints 100.8 QB rating
    Carr 2020: 4103 27 Tds 9 ints 101.4 QB rating

Stafford 2019: 2,499 yards 19 Tds 5 ints 106 QB rat
    Stafford 2020: 4,084 yards 26 Tds 10 ints 96.3 QB r

Ryan 2019: 4,466 yards 26 Tds 14 ints 92.1 QB rate
    Ryan 2020: 4,581 yards 26 Tds 11 ints 93.3 QB rate

Similar production. Stafford and Carr have similar level receivers around them and Ryan has a far superior cast around him. There isn't much that separates these three other than Ryan's SB birth with an all world offense around him. In fact in some ways I prefer Carr because he's younger and doesn't turn the ball over. With a top 10 defense, solid running game, and Carr taking care of the ball thats a winning formula. We all want a Rodgers or Mahomes Blams but Stafford, Ryan, and Carr are not those guys. The only guy maybe available that fits that description is Watson. Idc if they offer 3 1sts if Watson is the guy he's worth it. But this whole anti Carr pro Stafford, Ryan, and Dak is silly since they are all basically the same guy.
    Last edited by GeorgiaBear; 01-13-2021 at 11:55 PM.

I think it's reasonable to make a case that Dak's career has been slightly better. I don't think you can take a position that one is elite and the other is just middling or okay. They're pretty close.

For me, the difference is that Carr's contract is a steal right now compared to what Dak will make, which will likely be out of our price range anyway.

You can also prefer Stafford or Dak or Watson all you want, we have to consider the players the Bears will actually be able to acquire. I think Carr and Ryan are a lot more likely than any of the other three (assuming the Raiders are dumb enough to trade him). Overall, as a Bears fan, you'd have to be happy with any of those guys if we somehow got one.

Carr is probably the best pure value passer on the market, assuming he even is.
    I guess what throws me off too is out of nowhere these past two seasons Dak has looked like an elite passer at times. I tend to think his earlier seasons are that of a much different qb

I haven't seen as much of Carr and the Raiders Fandom negative opinion of him definitely hurt my viewpoint lol

Click here to register!

Fans are stupid.

Yes and Raiders fans especially are stupid. If Carr was in Dallas right now his numbers would be better than they are in Vegas. Better RB, better WRs, and probably a better oline.

I guess what throws me off too is out of nowhere these past two seasons Dak has looked like an elite passer at times. I tend to think his earlier seasons are that of a much different qb

I haven't seen as much of Carr and the Raiders Fandom negative opinion of him definitely hurt my viewpoint lol

Yeah, maybe also don't listen to meathead fans. Data is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Derek Carr has been better than Ryan and Stafford the past two years.

Carr 2019: 4054 21 Tds 8 ints 100.8 QB rating
    Carr 2020: 4103 27 Tds 9 ints 101.4 QB rating

Stafford 2019: 2,499 yards 19 Tds 5 ints 106 QB rat
    Stafford 2020: 4,084 yards 26 Tds 10 ints 96.3 QB r

Ryan 2019: 4,466 yards 26 Tds 14 ints 92.1 QB rate
    Ryan 2020: 4,581 yards 26 Tds 11 ints 93.3 QB rate

Similar production. Stafford and Carr have similar level receivers around them and Ryan has a far superior cast around him. There isn't much that separates these three other than Ryan's SB birth with an all world offense around him. In fact in some ways I prefer Carr because he's younger and doesn't turn the ball over. With a top 10 defense, solid running game, and Carr taking care of the ball thats a winning formula. We all want a Rodgers or Mahomes Blams but Stafford, Ryan, and Carr are not those guys. The only guy maybe available that fits that description is Watson. Idc if they offer 3 1sts if Watson is the guy he's worth it. But this whole anti Carr pro Stafford, Ryan, and Dak is silly since they are all basically the same guy.
    From what I've heard in the past though Carr tends to be an Alex Smith type check down passer which usually fails come postseason

I , of course, could be completely wrong about that

As I've mentioned a couple of times by now my opinion of Carr has been tainted by Raiders fans i know , which is an admittedly poor move on my part.

Click here to register!

From what I've heard in the past though Carr tends to be an Alex Smith type check down passer which usually fails come postseason

I , of course, could be completely wrong about that

As I've mentioned a couple of times by now my opinion of Carr has been tainted by Raiders fans i know , which is an admittedly poor move on my part.

Say you're sorry to Derek Carr and that you'd love to have him if he'd have us.

Yeah, maybe also don't listen to meathead fans. Data is much better.
    I know lol. You're right. I just get worried by data in today's nfl. Data says tannehill is elite but we all know if he needed 5o lead a pass heavy offense he isn't going to do it against a good defense consistently

Havent the metrics had him right at the top of the league over the past 2 seasons? From what I remember he ranks highly in many metrics, even downfield passes.

Click here to register!

Say you're sorry to Derek Carr and that you'd love to have him if he'd have us.
    Lmao

Is he not a check down artist? Czech out my previous post

Click here to register!

The biased hope of mine would be for Fields to stay in school and the Bears suck next year. Then they can fire Phillips, Pace, Nagy and draft Fields as the future of the franchise after he wins a championship and heisman.