Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 306 of 335 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 5025
    Yes please to Bryce

I'm in the camp of extending Ryan Pace another 3 to 4 years. Would love to see how he can draft and build around fields. It feels like he's finally Matured as a GM. Jury is still out on Nagy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones-in View Post
    I'm in the camp of extending Ryan Pace another 3 to 4 years. Would love to see how he can draft and build around fields. It feels like he's finally Matured as a GM. Jury is still out on Nagy.
    Way too early for that. Let's see what this team looks like this year. We can't forget how cap strapped we are. We also are going to have to start looking for a Mack replacement pretty soon. Once him and Hicks drop off, this defense is going to tank. We really only have Roquan, E Jax and maybe JJ. And the jury is out on all three of those guys.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Isn't the Bears cap situation pretty good after this season?

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    It's pretty bad IMO. 39 players under contract with 40 million space. If we want to keep ARob, probably a backloaded deal, but still a big chunk. If we want to keep or replace Hicks with anything close to his production. I'm assuming they'll add an upper tier backup QB which isn't super cheap. There's half your cap space or more depending on ARob/contract structure.
    I'd guess they'd have to pay a RT more than 5 million next year unless they draft someone or Borom is a 5th round steal.

Quinn will save 13 post June.
    I guess Quinn makes it look a lot better, but still a lot of real holes at expensive positions going into next offseason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9__Q...sonBartSimpson

This channel has a lot of high quality full length old Bears games on it. The link is a Bears/Vikings shootout game from 2008 (Kyle Orton vs Gus Frerotte!). In my football deprived state, been interesting to go back and skim through some of them. Lots of old players you completely forgot about pop in and whatnot.

Alex Brown was a really underrated player.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 05-23-2021 at 08:16 PM.

2021 Bears Off Season thread

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Bears will have $39 million in cap space after this season with potential to add more with the typical cap cuts and old age of players. Not to mention the future players coming on
    Discounts to play with Justin fields

Not worried about our cap space. We'll be able to move on from Quinn. Some other guys will be on the bubble too depending on their performances this year (Goldman, Trevathan, Cohen). Also, as the Bears already have Dalton and Foles under contract for next year, I don't imagine a QB is gonna be on the wish list come free agency.

Anyway, broken record, I know, but where we are come next year is all gonna be based on Fields. We have plenty of space to add to the current team around him if he's great right away. If not, I imagine we'll be doing some re-tooling, at the very least. Defense is getting older.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Not worried about our cap space. We'll be able to move on from Quinn. Some other guys will be on the bubble too depending on their performances this year (Goldman, Trevathan, Cohen). Also, as the Bears already have Dalton and Foles under contract for next year, I don't imagine a QB is gonna be on the wish list come free agency.

Anyway, broken record, I know, but where we are come next year is all gonna be based on Fields. We have plenty of space to add to the current team around him if he's great right away. If not, I imagine we'll be doing some re-tooling, at the very least. Defense is getting older.
    Is there any way to just get rid of both Foles and Dalton? I could have sworn wed have an out on both of them after this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Is there any way to just get rid of both Foles and Dalton? I could have sworn wed have an out on both of them after this season.

No opt outs to my knowledge. They can cut Foles and save 3 mil (7 mil in dead money). Dalton they can cut for 2.5 mil (2.5 dead money).

I expect that we'll keep one, probably Dalton.

edit: Actually, Dalton is a 1 year deal, the 2nd year is just money the Bears deferred to 2022 for the salary cap. It automatically voids though.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 05-23-2021 at 10:45 PM.

I was gonna say, I thought Dalton got just 1 year guaranteed. Shouldn't we expect the cap to jump a bit as well?

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    No opt outs to my knowledge. They can cut Foles and save 3 mil (7 mil in dead money). Dalton they can cut for 2.5 mil (2.5 dead money).

I expect that we'll keep one, probably Dalton.

edit: Actually, Dalton is a 1 year deal, the 2nd year is just money the Bears deferred to 2022 for the salary cap. It automatically voids though.
    As long as we can just shed one of them Im cool with it. Assuming Fields is good/great. Youre not gonna have a great QB as a backup anyway and neither of them are any good.

Plus the cap is probably gonna explode with the influx of money coming into the league this year. Should be able to pick who we want to let go of.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Looking at it closer Robinson eats quickly into that cap space.... And I think its easy to forget about other guys we need to resign. Billal feels like a must sign with Hicks a FA as well. James Daniels could be due a deal... Or could end up cheap too pending performance. Miller is probably gone but honestly would not surprise me to see him burst.

But overall im not as worried as I was last year. Plenty of room to maneuver. Quinn could save us 7-13 pending cut time. Cohen and Foles are 3-4. Danny could save another 3.5 late.

So im not as concerned. Plus you still have 2nd and 3rd to get some contributors next year. And there is still a good chance cap is higher than projected too.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I was gonna say, I thought Dalton got just 1 year guaranteed. Shouldn't we expect the cap to jump a bit as well?
    I think we will see the largest increase in cap space we have ever seen. Obviously just speculation but Covid contributed to the low cap number this year and with things seemingly getting back to normal could set up a record increase in cap by the league.