Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 304 of 336 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 5027
    Why is foles still on the squad?

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Why is foles still on the squad?
    Rumor is nobody wanted to trade for him which i find inconcievable. Too many teams could use a vet QB to at least compete for backup.

My question is why the team has just pretended he doesnt exist. I get that they signed dalton.... And he can be your QB 1. But to just blackball a guy out of the team like they have feels odd. Especially when they choose him over dalton 12 months ago. You can argue that Dalton is better than foles or vice versa.... I care not to because its basically the same thing as arguing Mitch vs Foles last year IMO. Even if one is better he still sucks. Your arguing QB 25 vs 30 to me and still maintain its kinda a tossup depending on the team.... Streaks... Ect. The fact is most agree we will see Fields sooner rather than later anyway. But that does not change the fact Fields can still learn from Foles too. In fact i believe Foles called Fields when he was drafted which shows to me he is more open to that mentor role. It cant hurt to have two guys to learn from. Especially considering of the two Foles has much more experience in the system and can be helping Fields where as Dalton is really learning the system himself.

But I still maintain there are a ton of things that went wrong for Foles last year that I dont 100% put squarely on him which is why i would at least give him a shot.. Like the OL falling apart post Massie and the coaching staffs ineptitude that led to Coward starting at tackle. Tarik Cohens injury that despite any argument could have greatly helped a guy like Foles who looks to get the ball out to the open guy. And lets admit it Patterson or MONTY dont provide the same type of outlet in the passing game. Its actually arguable that Cohen should have been the offenses #3 weapon last year prior to injury. At least in the passing game. And not to mention The Short offseason due to covid also surely didn't help things.

So i just don't get it. Why isnt Foles even hearing his name dropped. If your Truely trying to keep Fields off the Field. Isnt having Foles also a benefit for that too in case dalton Fails or gets hurt b4 you feel Fields is ready. idk.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Raiders would make a lot of sense. There was a lot of talk about them flipping Carr for Wilson before. Can't really think of any other team that fits that kind of bill. Maybe the Dolphins if they like Tua. I doubt Bridgewater is the caliber of QB they're looking for.

Carr would be a step down from Rodgers obviously, but still a good bridge QB they can win with for the time being.
    Never bought into the raiders After their offsesson. They went so far backwards IMO. Still don't have much on D... And feel a long way away. And they need those picks IMO.

Dolphins could make sense. But I think with alot of teams nobody is giving up a top tier young QB for Rodgers at his age. Plus they reportedly want 2 First... A 2nd.... And pitentially an "Impact player)

And Again i hear what some are saying on guys like baler or Kyler.... But I think there is still too mich hope there to move on while atatching all those other assets. Especually at Rodgers age.

The truth is too me. The Broncos or redskins make the most sense. I think its late and most other teams have made decisions already that are hard to back off of now.

Would you guys trade Justin Fields and two firsts for Rodgers? For the sake of the discussion pretend we have our first next year.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Would you guys trade Justin Fields and two firsts for Rodgers? For the sake of the discussion pretend we have our first next year.
    I think if this was a better team, then yes. Right now, I'm not so sure we're not a year or two away from a re-tool with or without Rodgers.

Overall, I think it's fair value in a vacuum, but I don't know that it's the best thing, strategically, for the organization right now. Another factor is that they're in our division.

That's really the type of trade the Dolphins should be trying to work out using Tua. I'd say the same thing for Denver but they don't have anyone with the same type of upside to flip. Would obviously be all for the Packers starting Drew Lock next year.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I think if this was a better team, then yes. Right now, I'm not so sure we're not a year or two away from a re-tool with or without Rodgers.

Overall, I think it's fair value in a vacuum, but I don't know that it's the best thing, strategically, for the organization right now. Another factor is that they're in our division.

That's really the type of trade the Dolphins should be trying to work out using Tua. I'd say the same thing for Denver but they don't have anyone with the same type of upside to flip. Would obviously be all for the Packers starting Drew Lock next year.
    If this was a question a couple years ago when I felt our defense was superbowl ready, totally. Agree with the feminine noun Bibbers

I believe Fields is going to be good if he doesn't suffer from both the Bears and OSU curse.

I really like Rodgers and think if he was in a different place he'd be thought of as the best QB in our generation. Also think he's going to be really ****ing good for at least Fields whole rookie deal. So kind of a tough choice. Rodgers makes everything so much better. Defense can actually take a break for longer than a 3 and out, can play with a lead. Mack would have 30 sacks if he ever got to play with a lead in his prime. Special teams/field position. Done rambling.
    Last edited by ds637; 05-18-2021 at 12:41 PM.

Would anyone be open to trading Rib Quinn and A. Miller for Julio Jones. I know falcons are open to trade Julio and they were really interested in Quinn before he chose us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I would do that but I don't see it as that easy of a deal. That would be a steal.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Would for Wilson. Not for Rodgers. I dont think Rodgers is worth 4 first. I assume we still assume Fields is worth 2 First right? . Not at 37.

2021 Bears Off Season thread

No for Wilson or Rodgers Iím rolling with Fields

Get Nelson or Sherman in a bears jersey

https://youtu.be/DiGhnZnHlx8

https://youtu.be/fGvpnW5Yq1s

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Get Nelson or Sherman in a bears jersey

https://youtu.be/DiGhnZnHlx8

https://youtu.be/fGvpnW5Yq1s
    I'll pass on Sherman, I sorta think he's toast. But I'll gladly take Nelson.

2021 Bears Off Season thread

[emoji102][emoji102][emoji102] heís real good , could also be released thatís our RT

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/...157590531?s=21

PFF grade of 80.6
    Last edited by Stunner; 05-18-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    [emoji102][emoji102][emoji102] heís real good , could also be released thatís our RT

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/...157590531?s=21

PFF grade of 80.6
    Should have traded leno for him.