Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 301 of 335 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 5025

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    I've heard several people make this comparison and to me it's a good one. The bears situation is closer to the Matt Flynn/Russell Wilson situation than Alex Smith/Patrick Mahomes. Smith had the Chiefs as the 4th best offense in the league before being supplanted by Mahomes. Dalton is best case scenario a decent backup and one of the bottom 10 starting QBs in the league. No way he makes it the whole season imo. To me the biggest benefit to Fields in year 1 will be the big plays. The bears have been one of the worst big play teams since Nagy took over. Justin will change that with his arms and legs.
    Tend to agree. They also may try to keep him off the field.... Just cant sew it happening for long.

Bears coach Matt Nagy reiterated that Andy Dalton is the starting quarterback ahead of organized team activities.
    “Andy is the starter,” Nagy said via NFL Media on Sunday. “Andy’s going to get the one reps.” Nagy also defended his choice by stating 33-year-old Dalton “is essentially like a rookie as well” as both quarterbacks continue learning the playbook. Fields obviously gives the team the best (only?) chance to win against the Rams in Week 1, but that would entail nixing the Alex Smith-Patrick Mahomes model Nagy has been consumed by. Ryan Pace has also been on the same page as Chicago's head coach this offseason, confirming multiple times that Dalton is in fact the starter. It will be interesting to see if Fields is even allowed to push for the No. 1 job in camp.
    We’ll see how long this lasts..

I know this may seem.... Idk irrelevant. But is it at all odd that there is like zero mention of Nick Foles? I know there is no excitement in him after last year but he isnt even mentioned at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I know this may seem.... Idk irrelevant. But is it at all odd that there is like zero mention of Nick Foles? I know there is no excitement in him after last year but he isnt even mentioned at all?
    I actually think he should be the starter. He already knows the offense so he and Fields could split 1st team reps. Unfortunately with the money committed to Dalton they probably feel stuck playing him. However, I'd prefer Foles be the starter since unlike Dalton he isn't starting from scratch.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

I actually think he should be the starter. He already knows the offense so he and Fields could split 1st team reps. Unfortunately with the money committed to Dalton they probably feel stuck playing him. However, I'd prefer Foles be the starter since unlike Dalton he isn't starting from scratch.
    I wonder if Andy got hurt week 1. Would foles noy be an option It feels like it

That was a joke that Foles should start over Dalton right? I pretend it was!

I've heard several people make this comparison and to me it's a good one. The bears situation is closer to the Matt Flynn/Russell Wilson situation than Alex Smith/Patrick Mahomes. Smith had the Chiefs as the 4th best offense in the league before being supplanted by Mahomes. Dalton is best case scenario a decent backup and one of the bottom 10 starting QBs in the league. No way he makes it the whole season imo. To me the biggest benefit to Fields in year 1 will be the big plays. The bears have been one of the worst big play teams since Nagy took over. Justin will change that with his arms and legs.
    I agree in that Fields has a chance with a great preseason to supplant Dalton to start the season. Flynn was still an unknown, so that competition was open even if it didn’t seem like it. Dalton is a way more seasoned them Flynn, but it’ll be the same if he stumbles and fields goes off.

The Mahomes/Smith situation, Mahomes never had a shot to start the season. It was smiths job to lose, and it woulda took a lot to lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I agree in that Fields has a chance with a great preseason to supplant Dalton to start the season. Flynn was still an unknown, so that competition was open even if it didn’t seem like it. Dalton is a way more seasoned them Flynn, but it’ll be the same if he stumbles and fields goes off.

The Mahomes/Smith situation, Mahomes never had a shot to start the season. It was smiths job to lose, and it woulda took a lot to lose it.
    The main difference with Wilson/Flynn, and Dalton/Fields is that Wilson wasn’t even on the start day 1 radar. He literally just did that much better in preseason that Carol had no choice. Even if on paper Dalton is our starter, he won’t start of he comes out and runs an anemic offense, and Fields goes off like Wilson did.

The main difference with Wilson/Flynn, and Dalton/Fields is that Wilson wasn’t even on the start day 1 radar. He literally just did that much better in preseason that Carol had no choice. Even if on paper Dalton is our starter, he won’t start of he comes out and runs an anemic offense, and Fields goes off like Wilson did.
    They nixed a pre-season game this year. Going to be harder for Fields to prove it.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

That was a joke that Foles should start over Dalton right? I pretend it was!
    No it's not Dalton sucks lol he's not really an improvement over Foles and Foles knows the offense. Foles has also won playoff games Dalton never has. Not sure why that would be a joke. Is Dalton good in your eyes?

No it's not Dalton sucks lol he's not really an improvement over Foles and Foles knows the offense. Foles has also won playoff games Dalton never has. Not sure why that would be a joke. Is Dalton good in your eyes?
    Foles is a decent backup. Dalton has been a mediocre (above, slightly below average starter) for about 6,7 years and below average for the past few.

He's likely still quite a bit better than Foles imo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

With better protection its conceivable that Foles would do markedly better than he has the last couple seasons but those couple of seasons were absolutely trash and they can't be dismissed. I mean he was completely awful.