Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 88 of 282 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 4224
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I'd rather roll the dice on Minshew for limited compensation then trade two 1s for Carr.
    Would rather just draft a dude than spend that on Carr. Gets us nowhere IMO and I doubt that saves Pace's job.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Would rather just draft a dude than spend that on Carr. Gets us nowhere IMO and I doubt that saves Pace's job.
    Agreed. Carr isn't worth more than a 2nd round pick at most. Not sure where the love for him is coming from.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Agreed. Carr isn't worth more than a 2nd round pick at most. Not sure where the love for him is coming from.
    Heís def worth more than a second.

I think it's rather the QB market value rather than Carr's actual worth.. The stafford trade set that value at at least one 1st rounder - I don't count the second 1st rounder in that deal because that one pretty much covered Goff's contract.

Bears 1st round pick this year seems fair for Carr but (2) 1st would be too much. If they're gonna spend that much on Carr might as well as throw in another 1st making it (3) to move up and draft one of the top 2 QB's.

-Giving up future picks to move up and get our QB in the draft would = high risk high reward

-Giving up 2 first for Carr = low risk medium reward

Hopefully the Bears pull some miracle like they did with the Cutler and Mack trade and get Watson which would be considered low risk high reward which is very rare to find

I personally think Carr is a great fit in our offense and on this team. I also think people are under selling him because Gruden has dogged him. They would be crazy to give up on him in LV, IMO. If you compare him to Mitch for the last 3 years, you get an improvement that warrants playoffs or more if we had him on our roster. DC- 69% completion rate, 4,070 yards per year average, 67/27 TD to INT, 7.7 yards per completion average, and a 98.7 QB rating (high of 101.4). MT- 65.6%, 2,805, 57/30, 6.8, and 90.6 rating. Carr is substantially better!

I agree with the assessment that the Stafford trade elevated the cost to trade for a QB now. In any other year, we may be able to snatch Carr away for a 1st and later picks but LV needs the cache of "first round" picks to get what they are after here. So, I think we could pull something like this off and get a guy who, I think, will get us to the playoffs and quite possibly further.

Bears: Derek Carr, Bryan Edwards, and 3rd round pick in 2022 or 2021
    LV: Bears 1st in 2021 and 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    I guess for me, it's DVOA and PFF grades. Not that I'd call it "love" but it's definitely a belief that he's a darn quality QB.

Dvoa:
    2015: 13th
    2016: 6th
    2017: 13th
    2018: 22nd
    2019: 8th
    2020: 9th

PFF grades:
    2015: 10th
    2016: 5th
    2017: 22nd
    2018: 21st
    2019: 11th
    2020: 9th

He's been a top 10 QB by both measures 3 times in the last 5 years, and has come really close in other years. I think 2017 & 2018 are more outliers than indicitive of his true talent level. He was also coming off of a pretty serious injury after 2016. I think the most recent sample (the last 2 years) being what it has been is what's most important for me going forward anyway.

Overall, he's not some franchise changing QB, but I think he's a whole lot better than what we have had suffice it to say. We'd go from bottom 1/3rd QB to top 1/3rd QB.

Anyway, 2 first round picks might be more than I'd like, but to say he's not worth more than a 2nd is what's really absurd.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 02-03-2021 at 12:26 PM.

Anyway, I don't think it really makes sense for the Raiders to trade Carr now anyway unless they can use him to get Watson.

Overall, the only reason I hesitate to make the trade as a Bears fan is because I don't think the rest of the team is good enough, even if Carr is a QB I believe we could very much win with. Put him on our 2018 team and we're a superbowl favorite imo.

2 firsts for Carr?? You guys just love giving the Raiders our 1st rd picks. Heís not worth anywhere near that. The desperation on here is ridiculous. I hope Pace isnít thinking like some of you and ends up making some ridiculous trade like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2021 Bears Off Season thread

If we canít get any good QBs through a trade,than I rather trade my picks to move up in the draft to get Wilson or fields.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    2 firsts for Carr?? You guys just love giving the Raiders our 1st rd picks. Heís not worth anywhere near that. The desperation on here is ridiculous. I hope Pace isnít thinking like some of you and ends up making some ridiculous trade like that.

2 firsts probably is too much. It's probably more like a 1st, 3rd, 5th or more likely some other combination like that with future picks. Idk. A 2nd is too little.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    2 firsts probably is too much. It's probably more like a 1st, 3rd, 5th or more likely some other combination like that with future picks. Idk. A 2nd is too little.
    That feels like too much to me. I'd be pretty disappointed if something like this happens.

Though I will say, we have zero leverage here. Everyone knows we need a QB and they probably know Pace & Nagy are in desperation mode. Chances are we're going to overpay no matter who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    That feels like too much to me. I'd be pretty disappointed if something like this happens.

Though I will say, we have zero leverage here. Everyone knows we need a QB and they probably know Pace & Nagy are in desperation mode. Chances are we're going to overpay no matter who it is.
    Yeah, I mean, as far as I'm concerned, we have no real choice. It's that or bet on a first round pick we'd likely be trading up to get anyway. I do think people are underrating Carr here though. He's got a great contract and plenty of metrics to suggest he's been a top 10 QB over the last 2 years. If he burns out, we can cut ties super easy and blow things up like we probably would be forced to do without a trade for a QB.

They're not blowing things up this off-season, so it's the best move the team can make if they're actually trying to salvage this core. Provided Watson is out of the question, which feels likely.

But again, I don't even know why the Raiders would trade Carr right now anyway (unless it's for Watson). They'd be pretty stupid to put that much faith in Mariota.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Yeah, I mean, as far as I'm concerned, we have no real choice. It's that or bet on a first round pick we'd likely be trading up to get anyway. I do think people are underrating Carr here though. He's got a great contract and plenty of metrics to suggest he's been a top 10 QB over the last 2 years. If he burns out, we can cut ties super easy and blow things up like we probably would be forced to do without a trade for a QB.

They're not blowing things up this off-season, so it's the best move the team can make if they're actually trying to salvage this core. Provided Watson is out of the question, which feels likely.

But again, I don't even know why the Raiders would trade Carr right now anyway. They'd be pretty stupid to put that much faith in Mariota.
    Tannehill has also been a top 10 qb over the last 2 years but I'd bet a lot of money Stafford and Ryan are much bigger difference makers than both Carr and Tannehill, given the same situation.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.