Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 287 of 318 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 4764
  1. #4291
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    9,991
    Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    I swear arguing with packer fans on FB is exhausting theyíre saying the fields is going to be trash lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Packers fans have all the right to make fun of and judge our QBs until proven wrong. We have no right to get cocky about a draft pick that hasnít played yet

  2. #4292
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    14,212
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I can't remember a time since I've been a fan where the consensus is so positive, not just from the fans, but the media too.

    I sure hope this works out the way everyone is expecting.
    Yeah its crazy to me too. Being honest I didn't do a bunch of evaluation on draft picks this year because I was frankly not very excited about this team's future. Never thought they would go after Fields I figured they'd settle for a 2nd round QB. However, it's not just the Fields/Jenkins picks that are being applauded. The late round picks were literally all great value. Herbert was believed to be a 3rd-4th rounder and Pace got him in the 6th, Thomas Graham was a 2nd-3rd rounder if not for his opt out, and Dazz/Tonga fit needs and both will play. So not only did he get elite talent at the top but he also was able to fill needs with limited resources.

    He has a history of most of the players he drafts contributing in their first years so that is not as much of a surprise, but he finally knocked the 1st and 2nd rounds out of the park imo after being shaky there in previous years. Let me be the first to apologize to Pace for asking for his head. A lot of it is probably overreaction to the Mitch blunder, but overall his fingerprints are all over this roster and it's a pretty good one.

    The main areas I think he needs to improve are; be more choosy with who he throws big contracts to in FA (Quinn, Graham, Massie, etc), draft better in rounds 1-3, and probably not give away as much draft capital every year (granted the Fields and Jenkins moves both seem like winners) because eventually he's going to need more picks to replace aging veterans. If this draft pans out and mainly if Justin turns into a top 10 QB there's a good chance Pace is here for a LONG time. He's one of the best late round drafters, and seems to have corrected a lot of his issues this year. Let's hope it works because Id love to keep both he and Nagy to have some continuity.

    For all of Nagy's issues with calling plays, his ability to keep the team together was impressive after the collapse. Hopefully the fact that Mitch, Glennon, Foles, and Daniel are all pretty darn bad was holding him back and the offense looks totally different when Field takes over. Should be an interesting and exciting year.

  3. #4293
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    14,212
    Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    I swear arguing with packer fans on FB is exhausting theyíre saying the fields is going to be trash lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Packers fans and FB should be an automatic sign that there will not be discussion of any substance.

  4. #4294
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,373
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I can't remember a time since I've been a fan where the consensus is so positive, not just from the fans, but the media too.

    I sure hope this works out the way everyone is expecting.
    I actually think this draft is unique in how nobody seems to have made giant blunders. There's the usual Raiders overdraft and the Broncos/Panthers passing over QB, but really most players ended up in great spots.

    I mean think about the hysteria when it looked like Mac Jones was the pick at 3 vs the praise the 49ers are getting for taking Lance. I don't know if this has to do with it being a weird year with cancellations or just the luck of the draw. Even if you look at QBs, pretty much every QB has been put in a spot that matches their strengths. It's really uncanny. Would be nice if this ended up being another 2004 QB class.

    Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

  5. #4295
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    5,914
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Packers fans have all the right to make fun of and judge our QBs until proven wrong. We have no right to get cocky about a draft pick that hasnít played yet
    Bears fans should not get cocky about Fields, fine, but that does not mean GB fans have the right to trash him before he plays a down in the NFL.
    Screw sabermetics.

  6. #4296
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,374
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Da bears

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Higher res tweet

    https://mobile.twitter.com/RNBWCV/st...64754450567169

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  7. #4297
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    45,963
    ****ing Kiper

  8. #4298
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    14,212
    Also very much looking forward to how Sean Desai and Pettine handle the defense. Hopefully it'll get back to being a top 5-10 unit.

  9. #4299
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    71,028
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Also very much looking forward to how Sean Desai and Pettine handle the defense. Hopefully it'll get back to being a top 5-10 unit.
    I'm still concerned about CB, but yeah, curious to see how Desai handles the promotion. Would be great if he can have a Brandon Staley type of impact.

  10. #4300
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    14,212
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'm still concerned about CB, but yeah, curious to see how Desai handles the promotion. Would be great if he can have a Brandon Staley type of impact.
    Oh yeah it's very shaky. Johnson is a big time injury risk and was inconsistent. Trufant is not very good. By far the weakest position on the defense. Hopefully EJax can have a bounce back year because he and Gipson could be very good. Mack, Quinn, Roquan, and Trevathan is still on paper one of the most talented LB groups in the NFL. Hicks depending on what's left in the tank is still really good and Goldman, Nichols, and Edwards are a solid group. There is a lot of talent to work with overall.

  11. #4301
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14,109
    https://www.windycitygridiron.com/20...n-jenkins-pace

    This just breaks down the statistics of bears draft, you donít really need analytics to see that the bears had a great draft itís a good read though!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #4302
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,680
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Oh yeah it's very shaky. Johnson is a big time injury risk and was inconsistent. Trufant is not very good. By far the weakest position on the defense. Hopefully EJax can have a bounce back year because he and Gipson could be very good. Mack, Quinn, Roquan, and Trevathan is still on paper one of the most talented LB groups in the NFL. Hicks depending on what's left in the tank is still really good and Goldman, Nichols, and Edwards are a solid group. There is a lot of talent to work with overall.
    Weakest position, and arguably the most important one in this era. It could really cripple our defense.

    Anyway, we'll have a good shot at winning the division if Rodgers gets traded, or he retires, but it's not saying much, cause at that point, I think the division could go to anyone. Really hope we make another move there.

  13. #4303
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,373
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Oh yeah it's very shaky. Johnson is a big time injury risk and was inconsistent. Trufant is not very good. By far the weakest position on the defense. Hopefully EJax can have a bounce back year because he and Gipson could be very good. Mack, Quinn, Roquan, and Trevathan is still on paper one of the most talented LB groups in the NFL. Hicks depending on what's left in the tank is still really good and Goldman, Nichols, and Edwards are a solid group. There is a lot of talent to work with overall.
    Don't necessarily agree about our LB core. Mack and Roquan are great but Danny lost a big step last year. If that continues and Quinn doesn't bounce back we're going to be in a lot of trouble.

    Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

  14. #4304
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    9,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Don't necessarily agree about our LB core. Mack and Roquan are great but Danny lost a big step last year. If that continues and Quinn doesn't bounce back we're going to be in a lot of trouble.
    Danny actually played better then expected last year. I do expect a fall off, or at least donít expect him to stay healthy a full season.

  15. #4305
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,680
    Danny sucks. Pace has given out a lot of dumb contracts. Hated that one from the start.

    Don't think Quinn is that bad, but I think our secondary has been a liability since Fangio left more than people understand, and it's a big reason why the sacks haven't been there. Rushers need time to get to the QB.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •