Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Im back again.. the more I think about it the more Pace has to go all in on Watson... he failed on Mitch, Glennon, Foles.. if he truly wants to save his job with the Bears he has to get a proven franchise QB and the only one close to being available is Watson.
    I laugh at the people like Hub who are against it citing you have nothing around him after dealing so much. Even if it takes you 3 years to build it back up... you have a top QB still under the age of 30.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I laugh at the people like Hub who are against it citing you have nothing around him after dealing so much. Even if it takes you 3 years to build it back up... you have a top QB still under the age of 30.
    Yeah and its not like we have a bad team here as it is. They still won 8 games with dog **** at QB. Make that position now elite and add a few pieces here and there and they are a contender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Watson definitely gets traded.

I also don't think the price is gonna be as outrageous as I've heard. Mainly because Watson has a lot of leverage if he absolutely wants out with that trade clause. If he's super picky about where he wants to go... Houston loses leverage in a trade.
    Agreed. Mack cost 2 1st rounders. Thats what I expect for Watson.

The second they pick up the phone to talk a trade, they lost all leverage. It means he wants out and they can't keep him.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

I actually think Cleveland pulls the upset tomorrow.
    Agreed. I'd love for the Browns or the Bills to win it all.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

It's an indefensible argument. This roster certainly has it's flaws, but there's enough there to win with in the short term, like being a 10ish win team that makes the playoffs regularly and actually has a chance against the Packers. This roster hung with them for 3.5 quarters in the last game with Mitch, should have beaten the Saints in the regular season and would have had a chance with an average QB in the playoff game, and I'm sure there are more examples I'm forgetting.

It's not like Pace has nailed the first rounders anyway, aside from Roquan and Floyd, to a lesser extent. His best work has been landing guys like Whitehair, Kwit, Howard, Eddie, Cohen, Daniels, Nichols, Monty, and his last draft looks really strong right now too. I don't like some of the things he's done here, but he's easily the best drafting GM we've had in my lifetime aside from maybe a two year stretch from Angelo. He typically does good work with the bargain bin FA guys too. If he hadn't whiffed so badly on QB, he'd likely be viewed in a much more positive light.

Anyway, point is, a great QB masks a lot of deficiencies (we should know that from watching the Packers for the last 20+ years), and the roster is good enough to make some noise with a significant upgrade at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    It's an indefensible argument. This roster certainly has it's flaws, but there's enough there to win with in the short term, like being a 10ish win team that makes the playoffs regularly and actually has a chance against the Packers. This roster hung with them for 3.5 quarters in the last game with Mitch, should have beaten the Saints in the regular season and would have had a chance with an average QB in the playoff game, and I'm sure there are more examples I'm forgetting.

It's not like Pace has nailed the first rounders anyway, aside from Roquan and Floyd, to a lesser extent. His best work has been landing guys like Whitehair, Kwit, Howard, Eddie, Cohen, Daniels, Nichols, Monty, and his last draft looks really strong right now too. I don't like some of the things he's done here, but he's easily the best drafting GM we've had in my lifetime aside from maybe a two year stretch from Angelo. He typically does good work with the bargain bin FA guys too. If he hadn't whiffed so badly on QB, he'd likely be viewed in a much more positive light.

Anyway, point is, a great QB masks a lot of deficiencies (we should know that from watching the Packers for the last 20+ years), and the roster is good enough to make some noise with a significant upgrade at the position.
    Id go as far to say that if pace drafted Watson or mahomes, hed be viewed as one of the best GMs in the league. That one whiff completely changed this teams ceiling the last two seasons....but if the bears had one of those guys at QB, they very likely win the SB in 18 and probably win 10+ games each of the last two seasons and likely make a decent run both years as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Id go as far to say that if pace drafted Watson or mahomes, hed be viewed as one of the best GMs in the league. That one whiff completely changed this teams ceiling the last two seasons....but if the bears had one of those guys at QB, they very likely win the SB in 18 and probably win 10+ games each of the last two seasons and likely make a decent run both years as well.
    Just imagine if Pace stood firm at #3 and took Watson. The extra picks moving forward, plus the far superior QB would have been a massive difference for the franchise.

(I say Watson instead of Mahomes because no one had Mahomes going that high. Taking Watson at #3 would have made total sense given the information we had at the time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Just imagine if Pace stood firm at #3 and took Watson. The extra picks moving forward, plus the far superior QB would have been a massive difference for the franchise.

(I say Watson instead of Mahomes because no one had Mahomes going that high. Taking Watson at #3 would have made total sense given the information we had at the time.)

100%

IMO, Pace's only chance at survival is to do something similar to what Vikings GM Rick Spielman did.

For those who don't know Spielman missed TWICE at drafting a QB; Christian Ponder and Teddy Bridgewater (he wasn't the GM, but was head of player personnel and had Ponder at the top of his draft board) (Bridgewater wasn't fully his fault due to injuries, but the pick didn't pan out with Minny.)

By signing Cousins and finding and drafting talent late to fill the roster, he's been their for 8 years and counting.

Drafting a rookie QB for Nagy to ruin won't save Pace. He needs to bring in established talent that can drown out Nagy's "be you" BS.

Watson/Ryan/Dak with a back loaded Contract.

This is why I'm raising my head at all of this "collaboration" buzzword nonsense.

Where was the collaboration with you and the coaching staff on drafting a QB for a historically QB-inept franchise?

The fact that nobody was on the same page (Fox wanted Watson, Loggains wanted McCaffrey, Pace wanted Mitch, etc.) just shows how flippant he was about THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION on the field.

Also what an insult to Watson. Pace trade up basically told everyone that Watson wasn't "good enough" for Pace is SF swooped in and took his BFF Mitch at 2

Yeah crazy. I know I took a lot of heating here for my over zealous love for Watson but are we truly sure that hes not better than Mahomes? The situation Pats in with KC is ideal. Not saying mahomes isnt great but We cant be sure hes better than Mahomes.