Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 97 of 282 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 4224
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Wentz has been garbage the past year and a half. He has a myriad of health concerns and a terrible contract to boot. Reality is his high ceiling is just as low as his floor and much less attainable. He only makes sense if you're not giving up a whole ton to get him. If you are then how is he a better option than Darnold?
    The contract is going to be cheap for the team that acquires him
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Lmao. No way...
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Seems like he's kind of a bad teammate too, if you believe the report about him a few weeks ago.

I agree on the ceiling, but there's too many red flags to get excited about him.
    It's definitely not something that gets me excited, and agree he may have been a bad teammate.

I have a feeling that the locker room rift has a lot to do with football players being stupid and thinking Foles was a better qb than Wentz. I completely get him turning against guys that wanted foles. Guy carried that team for a season (and more honestly ).
    Last edited by blams; 02-05-2021 at 10:19 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

The contract isn't going to be bad for the team that acquires Wentz; so people should stop being concerned about that and more concerned about whether he can get back to form after last season.

I haven't found a source but someone in the nfl forum says Wentz will be something like the 10th lowest paid non rookie deal qb. If that's accurate his contract is easy to take on.
    Last edited by blams; 02-05-2021 at 10:28 PM.

Click here to register!

Wonder why people think Texans have all the leverage. They can sit him, but they have to pay him AND another starting QB? Not to mention there are sooooo many ways players force themselves off teams. Rockets didn't want to trade Harden either. He could be a poison, and he's the QB! Other teams will still fight to get him because everyone will kow what's happening, but he has leverage to force a trade. Hell, he could just play bad, lmao. How are you going to force someone to play at an All-star level. Who'd take a chance on starting a QB that doesn't want to be there, and has said so publicly? Deshaun Watson will 100% be traded, unless HE changes his mind. LMAO at the thought of paying $40 mill to a guy that doesn't want to be there, as opposed to taking multiple draft picks and players. He'll be traded before the draft, if they're smart and can't change his mind.

You can't just sit your starting QB, unless you're tanking the season. They need a franchise QB if they trade him, they need to do it before the draft. I'd shoot for Trevor Lawrence, make the best of it.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 02-05-2021 at 10:41 PM.

Itís hilarious that people who want to discuss and debate bears future plans donít even know you canít trade more than 3 first round picks... when it comes to Watson itís going to start with teams draft position this year and projected after that as the starting point before it even gets to the ridiculous amount of secondary picks/players that are going to have to be attached but if wentz asking price starts with 2 1st and a player? Yeah might as well just go all in for Watson at that point cuz your already halfway there

I heard 4 years in the future was the max

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

It still needs to happen before the draft if they want to move up and draft a top QB. They're on a clock.

Nothing hilarious about not knowing you can't trade more than 3 first round picks. Pretty sure there are a lot of NFL fans that didn't know that. And sure you can debate future Bears plans without knowing that little detail as I have demonstrated and many others before me have as well lol.

I love the Bears but surely do not obsess over knowing every little details about a trade. Some do have a life to live my friend. Now if you ask me about business which is my field I'm pretty sure I would know every detail in my industry since it matters in my real life

2 1sts and a player for Wentz?

Yeah, get ****ed. They just benched him for a 2nd round rookie.

2 firsts and a player for Wentz? Philly better be including two firsts and a third along with Wentz.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    2 firsts and a player for Wentz? Philly better be including two firsts and a third along with Wentz.
    Yuck. If its a pick swap of firsts maybe we can talk.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I like the potential of Wentz but 2 1st is insanity. Hopefully the reports are not correct about the details

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Yuck. If its a pick swap of firsts maybe we can talk.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    If Ofman is to be believed then Pace NEEDS to be fired before he can make the trade.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by jay12 View Post
    I like the potential of Wentz but 2 1st is insanity. Hopefully the reports are not correct about the details
    Probably something along the Lines of a pick swap, since that's the ONLY reason the Bears would give up a first for Wentz and their picks is greater than ours (6>20)

So maybe something like:

Chicago gets-> Wentz, PHI first (6th overall)

Philly Gets-> Foles, Our First (20th overall), 2022 1st

THAT might be something to chew on if we're talking about the 6th pick. It allows you to plug a big need (Tackle, WR if ARob goes, QB if Wilson/Fields is still there, etc.).

However, it makes NO sense for PHI to give up that pick even if it means we are eating Wentz' salary.

Two firsts for Wentz is off the charts.. inconceivable. You mine as well go all in on Watson if youíre already willing to give up that much Draft capital for an average QB. Whatís a couple more for a superstar in Watson??

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    If Ofman is to be believed then Pace NEEDS to be fired before he can make the trade.
    That rumored starting point is already half of what we need to give up to try to get Watson. If Pace is willing to be this aggressive he should save all his bullets for Watson or Fields.