Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2415
    I think unlike other teams in the QB Market (NYJ, MIA,SF) we can still afford to wait pass the draft to make a trade since we're drafting positions that a SEA or HOU will find valuable (OT, LB, WR, mid round QB, etc.) So if we make a deal for Watson of Wilson, we just ship those selections (in addition to the young players they'd probably demand) straight to HOU or SEA.

If the Jets take Wilson at #2, I think they're effectively out of the Watson-Wilson stakes. Same with SF and CAR if they trade up to nab Fields, Lance or let Jones fall to them. I think MIA may be our last bit of competition since they probably wont take a QB unless their bullish on Fields or something.

Long-Story short, it's a win-win to me:

They make a trade pre draft? Awesome. Mission Complete. Enjoy your draft picks

They make a trade post draft? Same desired outcome, but with fewer suitors.
    Last edited by flclfanman; Yesterday at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Kyle long said he didn't handle his departure like a professional, he was beat up, woe is me guy, was bad for the locker room at the end, and liked playing for Nagy

Pretty cool of him to own up to it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Still probably traumatized by the Emery/Trestman years. That locker room must've been something else

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Maybe he liked playing for him but you could tell based on his comments the way he feels about him as a coach. Itís good heís trying to stay classy about it now though
    Definitely. Curious to see Nagy with an actual good qb but I've soured on him since that circus of a training camp following 2018.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Luckily Wentz is already on the Colts and it doesnít seem like Carr will be dealt. I think they want to extend him. So if itís not Wilson/Watson, itíll be a terrible bridge option. Itís basically one of those two or bust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tells you how closely I've been following this stuff lol.

Good, probably the best scenario for Wentz anyway, and I really wanted nothing to do with him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Tells you how closely I've been following this stuff lol.

Good, probably the best scenario for Wentz anyway, and I really wanted nothing to do with him anyway.
    lol yeah Iím glad. The Wentz **** scared the hell out of me so Iím glad it seems we were just being used as a bargaining chip.

I think theyíve truly been all in on Wilson, Watson, or Carr from the beginning.

Itís the Bears so anything can happen, but I truly expect Wilson to be the Bears QB in 2021. There is just too much smoke involved and the other three teams his agent listed just donít make much sense. It would be so damn cool to have a QB of his caliber. Weíve literally never had anything close to him.

Fortunately for Pace, he's probably one of, if not the most, aggressive GM's in the league. Not saying that makes it a sure thing he'll land one of them, but he'll likely offer whatever it takes. I can't envision him settling for another season of a bridge guy (Foles) and a Rookie when his job is 100% on the line.

That also leaves me a little concerned that he'll cave and overpay for a guy like Wentz or Carr if he whiffs on Watson or Wilson. Hopefully it doesn't get to that point.
    Yep. I think it's really just a matter of the Seahawks actually being willing to move Wilson. If he is, I don't think Pace will be outbid.

We aren't gonna get 25 year old Watson with our crappy draft position, but we could probably get 32 year old Wilson if we offer a couple firsts+.

Seattle instantly becomes the worst team in that division, but yeah. Sets them up to reset pretty nicely.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Why do you think the Bears wouldn't have to give up a Roquan or EJ for Wilson? You have to keep in mind, the Bears have poor draft capital to offer. The #20 overall is not a good starting point for Russell Wilson. Even if they include two more...where are those going to land? Probably lower than #20. Also factor in, Pete Carroll loves defense. You think he's going to deal Russ and not want to get a defensive starter in return? Not happening.

In regards to Ro or EJ being a huge blow, I think that's overblown, no pun intended. If you recall in 19 the Bears played most of the season with Kwit and KPL at LB and still finished top 10 defensive team. EJ played bad last season. Either way, you're talking about an ILB and FS. Great players, but nothing in comparison to a player of Russell Wilson's impact.
    Because in regards to trade value. the 4 teams on Wilsons List... none of them have GR8 draft capital. Its not like we are trying to make up ground and get our value up to the jets who own the #2 pick here. It also says something when a player actually limits who he goes to with his trade clause. It surely lowers his value. From what I have heard Watson just wants out so instead of bidding against 4 other teams (and it sounds like at least a Dalas isnt interested) your bidding against half the league.... maybe more Wilson has a very strict set of teams he would accept a trade to so leverage suddenly drops pretty significantly IMO. because it does not matter how much higher Miami's pick is because he isnt interested in going there. And Your also talking about a 32 YO QB not a 25 YO.

I think it would be really dificult to argue that Watson is not worth more than Wilson. Wilson is worth a lot dont get me wrong But Watson at his age give you a starting QB for the next 10-15 years. Wilson gives it to you for 5-7 IMO.

I personally believe you can get it done for 3 First round picks alone (and that is still a ton) . I dont think for Wilson you have to break up the core pieces of the D. if you want to sit there and tell me that its overblown thats fine. But there is no doubt IMO that Ejack and Roquan are two key peices to the defense. I also think there is something to be said about your ability and timeline when you only have 5-7 more years with Wilson. Loosing a guy like Roquan or Ejack you just dont have time to replace them either.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    BTW I am not saying this to say we should not.... But in the history of the NFL outside of.... RGIII is there another example of a team getting 3 1st round picks for a player?

I have tried looking for the largest QB trades and... I mean... Jay Cutler was 2. Mathew Stafford was 2 but most agree part of that was they paid the Lions to eat Goff.

I just wonder if we as fans dont..... IDK under value the value of any 1st round pick. I know we have all seen the tweets saying I would easily trade Kevin White.... Mitch... and Floyd for X. But your hoping that one of those players if not more turn into something. There is value in having low cost impact players too. and having first round picks helps in terms of getting a better chance at finding a guy like that.

And I mean just taking the Stafford trade for example and they are nice because they are a similar age too. How much more is Mathew Stafford Worth than Russell Wilson. I agree he is worth more But how much. Lets also assume that at least a 3rd of value was sent to rid them of Goff (I think it could be argued more like a 2nd but just for Advocates sake)

Stafford was then worth about a 1st and a 2nd round pick

who would you prefer then if you could choose either

Russel Wilson

or

Stafford
    A 1st round pick
    A 3rd round pick

I think its close. I think you could easily argue either side. So When KG2TB you ask why dont I think you would need to add a guy like Quan or Jackson... Its because If you do Add Quan or Jackson to that Stafford side It surely tilts the scale quite heavily to Stafford IMO.

I just think maybe we are also all too desperate for a QB to realize real value at this point. The notion we would need to trade that much may just be out of our desperation.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    I think unlike other teams in the QB Market (NYJ, MIA,SF) we can still afford to wait pass the draft to make a trade since we're drafting positions that a SEA or HOU will find valuable (OT, LB, WR, mid round QB, etc.) So if we make a deal for Watson of Wilson, we just ship those selections (in addition to the young players they'd probably demand) straight to HOU or SEA.

If the Jets take Wilson at #2, I think they're effectively out of the Watson-Wilson stakes. Same with SF and CAR if they trade up to nab Fields, Lance or let Jones fall to them. I think MIA may be our last bit of competition since they probably wont take a QB unless their bullish on Fields or something.

Long-Story short, it's a win-win to me:

They make a trade pre draft? Awesome. Mission Complete. Enjoy your draft picks

They make a trade post draft? Same desired outcome, but with fewer suitors.
    Nah. If itís post draft and we donít have a QB, weíre set paying up whatever price Seattle wants. Their worst case scenario is a disgruntled Wilson. Our worst case scenario is Nick Foles. Diametrically opposite.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    BTW I am not saying this to say we should not.... But in the history of the NFL outside of.... RGIII is there another example of a team getting 3 1st round picks for a player?

I have tried looking for the largest QB trades and... I mean... Jay Cutler was 2. Mathew Stafford was 2 but most agree part of that was they paid the Lions to eat Goff.

I just wonder if we as fans dont..... IDK under value the value of any 1st round pick. I know we have all seen the tweets saying I would easily trade Kevin White.... Mitch... and Floyd for X. But your hoping that one of those players if not more turn into something. There is value in having low cost impact players too. and having first round picks helps in terms of getting a better chance at finding a guy like that.

And I mean just taking the Stafford trade for example and they are nice because they are a similar age too. How much more is Mathew Stafford Worth than Russell Wilson. I agree he is worth more But how much. Lets also assume that at least a 3rd of value was sent to rid them of Goff (I think it could be argued more like a 2nd but just for Advocates sake)

Stafford was then worth about a 1st and a 2nd round pick

who would you prefer then if you could choose either

Russel Wilson

or

Stafford
    A 1st round pick
    A 3rd round pick

I think its close. I think you could easily argue either side. So When KG2TB you ask why dont I think you would need to add a guy like Quan or Jackson... Its because If you do Add Quan or Jackson to that Stafford side It surely tilts the scale quite heavily to Stafford IMO.

I just think maybe we are also all too desperate for a QB to realize real value at this point. The notion we would need to trade that much may just be out of our desperation.
    Herschel Walker and the Great Trade Robbery:

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Nah. If itís post draft and we donít have a QB, weíre set paying up whatever price Seattle wants. Their worst case scenario is a disgruntled Wilson. Our worst case scenario is Nick Foles. Diametrically opposite.
    I think Foles is our rock-bottom worse outcome. If we can't get Watson of Wilson post draft, I think Pace would at least ask is Ryan is available; assuming ATL drafts a QB.

Ideal scenario: Pace lands Wilson of Watson

Practical/Feasible scenario: Pace misses on the 2, but trades for Ryan, tags ARob and signs or drafts a RT and a C(there should be a cap casualty we can get on a 1 year steal).

I think in terms of Watson, the only team I could see pulling it off is the Dolphins. They have the draft capital. They have the young QB they could offer up. No one can outbid that.

When it comes to Wilson, like yíall are saying, we can compete with the 4 teams on the list with a good package. Itís a win now move. Not that Watson isnít, but man I love Wilson. I think of the Mobile QBs in the league, he will have the longest shelf life. He knows how to not get rocked and is an elite slider lol. Might even get into his 40ís at a high enough level. I can see him becoming Brees like when his legs go.
    My hopes have been got up so Pace better do this for us fans that never witnessed a good QB in our lives. Itís really the only way he can save face. Unless he got Mac and he became great. But thatís a lottery ticket. Wilson will make us an instant contender.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I think in terms of Watson, the only team I could see pulling it off is the Dolphins. They have the draft capital. They have the young QB they could offer up. No one can outbid that.

When it comes to Wilson, like yíall are saying, we can compete with the 4 teams on the list with a good package. Itís a win now move. Not that Watson isnít, but man I love Wilson. I think of the Mobile QBs in the league, he will have the longest shelf life. He knows how to not get rocked and is an elite slider lol. Might even get into his 40ís at a high enough level. I can see him becoming Brees like when his legs go.
    My hopes have been got up so Pace better do this for us fans that never witnessed a good QB in our lives. Itís really the only way he can save face. Unless he got Mac and he became great. But thatís a lottery ticket. Wilson will make us an instant contender.
    I think Wilson is more than just a win now move. If Rodgers can play this well into his late 30's, then so can Russ. He still runs quite a bit, but like you alluded to, he's not reckless and knows how to protect himself.

IMO, if the Bears were to land Wilson, it opens up a 5ish (or more) year window. The D is still talented enough to not fall off a cliff in the immediate future and I actually feel confident in Pace addressing that side of the ball anyway.

Anyway, I really hope it happens. I can't say that I'm confident about it, but if he really wants out then this is a pretty good situation for him.

I think Wilson is more than just a win now move. If Rodgers can play this well into his late 30's, then so can Russ. He still runs quite a bit, but like you alluded to, he's not reckless and knows how to protect himself.

IMO, if the Bears were to land Wilson, it opens up a 5ish (or more) year window. The D is still talented enough to not fall off a cliff in the immediate future and I actually feel confident in Pace addressing that side of the ball anyway.

Anyway, I really hope it happens. I can't say that I'm confident about it, but if he really wants out then this is a pretty good situation for him.
    Yep. Thatís why I hope we can keep some of our defensive heavy hitters. I wanna go all in.

https://twitter.com/BrendanSugrue/st...269666310?s=19

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.