Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 148 of 282 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 4222
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Iím probably lower on dak than most so I wouldnít want to give up much in that scenario. Especially with paying him 30-35 mil a year
    Guess I don't understand why people continue to bring this up about any player.

A top 10-15 (at any position ) player will nearly always have to be extended as a top 1 or so contract- at the time. It's almost never the case a year or two down the road

It isn't an overpay

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 02-26-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

NFLPA asking player agents to collude.
    It seems it is ilegal at the NFL corporate/team level but not among the players or agents? [emoji2369][emoji2369][emoji2369]

Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...802828805?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Guess I don't understand why people continue to bring this up about any player.

A top 10-15 (at any position ) player will nearly always have to be extended as a top 1 or so contract- at the time. It's almost never the case a year or two down the road

It isn't an overpay

I didnít say itís not market value, I just am not sold on dakk being a franchise guy. He didnít really start putting up numbers until he was given every luxury a QB could ask for. Great OL, WRs, RB. He still didnít propel the cowboys to greatness. Add in the nasty injury, and Iím not overly interested

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    It seems it is ilegal at the NFL corporate/team level but not among the players or agents? [emoji2369][emoji2369][emoji2369]

Thoughts?

I mean. You can request whatever you want but the fact is there just are not that many teams that will have money and the ones with it will run out quickly too.

Personally I dont expect stars to be screwed but mid level guys like guys typically who would end up getting 5-7 mil a year probably end up getting closer to 3-5

The truth for the Agents is the best course of action may be to take a short 1 year deal so they can try again next year. The fact remains that the cap is set to be about 25 mil lower than expected. that is 800 mil total missing in cap space between the 32 teams. Everyone cant get paid like they should be. It just cant happen.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Personally I think I would offer a 1st if not more in that scenario for Dak. I know it sucks to have him potentially sit but honestly what are the options at QB? Draft one who probably isnt ready and may never be? Trade for one which becomes a bidding war that could turn into multiple first round picks if you even do get him.

I understand KGs oppinion that he does not think Dak is as good. I would just take the sure thing of having dak though over the potential of holding out hope. Hope that Watson or Wilson become available. or hope that a draft pick develops into something.

And I will say IDK why people are so worried about Dak and the whole weapons talk?

Amari Coooper
    Micahel Gallup
    Randall Cobb
    37 yo Jasson Witten

That to me is not signifigantly better than

Robinson
    Mooney
    Miller
    Kmet

Unless you view Gallup as a serious #2 quality WR. Personally I think he is fringe. But Dak got 4900 yards with that receiver group.

And for those who want to act like he isnt that special. I think its really hard to argue that when you see the drastic diference of what Dak was able to do vs Andy Dalton. Dak Averaged 100 more YPG than Dalton in 2019 then dalton did in 2020 with better weapons.

Also final thought. 42-27 in his career. This year was his first loosing year at 2-3 his week 5 game though he was arguably going to win up by 1 and he got hurt in the redzone.

I have no reason to question dak. I think healthy at worst you get a QB on par with Carr with the upside of being much better.

-Rem Koolhaas

2 minor thoughts here

1) was watching this video on Dak... one of the issues with his contract negotiation I guess was he wanted a clause in his contract saying they could never Franchise tag him again. Cowboys refused. And Now they are on the verge of tagging him again? Tell me this would not piss you off if your dak. Again IDK how nobody can see how if this happens Dak walks in 2022.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpWB...el=CBSSportsHQ

The fact is DAk will get paid his money next year. Whether its dallas or not. If im him and im forced to play on the tag though again I am fed up with them.
    2) The only thing dumber is the idea that the Texans would not tag Will Fuller? Imagine you just traded arguably the best WR in the league. Your QB is upset at you. and now you want to let his best receiving weapon walk (most YPG though i understand health is a concern)

Neither the Dallas Cowboys nor the Houston Texans know how to keep a QB happy. And maybe Seattle is in the same boat.

-Rem Koolhaas

I didnít say itís not market value, I just am not sold on dakk being a franchise guy. He didnít really start putting up numbers until he was given every luxury a QB could ask for. Great OL, WRs, RB. He still didnít propel the cowboys to greatness. Add in the nasty injury, and Iím not overly interested
    Agreed.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Russ is such a perfect fit for this offense. I'm sure he's tired of getting hit, but at least he can still ball with poor protection.
    Fire Ryan Pace

Oh OK I gotcha ! I understand the skepticism for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post

Thoughts?

Anything that increases leverage over the players of the owners I'm all for. The owners do the same thing.

Last edited by blams; 02-27-2021 at 02:11 AM.

Click here to register!

Deshaun Watson would lose around $20.2 million if he sits out the 2021 season.
    The numbers, while a bit complicated, add up to $20.2 million if Watson skips mandatory minicamp, training camp, and the regular season. He's reportedly told the Texans he will not play another snap for the team, possibly setting up a protracted battle between the two sides. Watson can essentially choose his next team since he has a no-trade clause in the contract he signed last year. Holding out the entire season would mean Watson's base salary would remain $10.54 million in 2022. Taking the ultimate hard line -- as Le'Veon Bell did with the Steelers in 2018 -- would sacrifice a year in the prime of Watson's career. He'll be 26 in September.
    yikes

Watson is sacrificing a helluva lot more than one season if he stays with Houston long term.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    yikes
    Thats only seems like a boatload of money to us meer mortals, but thats pocket change for a player of Watson's caliber.

He will make that back in endorsements in his sleep, especially if he goes to a media market like Chicago or NY.

100 percent the right move and lets hope Pace is playing the long game.
    Last edited by flclfanman; 02-27-2021 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Watson is sacrificing a helluva lot more than one season if he stays with Houston long term.

This. Houston really should cut their losses and trade him now because Watson has the ability to wait out that entire contract if he's that upset.

Its a shame the AAF or XFL isnt still around because it would be AMAZING to see Watson Opt out and go play for the HOU Roughnecks or something

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    This. Houston really should cut their losses and trade him now because Watson has the ability to wait out that entire contract if he's that upset.

Its a shame the AAF or XFL isnt still around because it would be AMAZING to see Watson Opt out and go play for the HOU Roughnecks or something
    Watson is not holding out the next 5 years man. Lol. And even if he did hold out im pretty sure the contract rolls over into the following year if he holds out.

I still think this ends in a trade but I still don't think it happens soon. They will try and convince him to come into training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Watson is not holding out the next 5 years man. Lol. And even if he did hold out im pretty sure the contract rolls over into the following year if he holds out.

I still think this ends in a trade but I still don't think it happens soon. They will try and convince him to come into training camp.
    He probably won't sit out for the whole time, but I was just making a point that he's not hard up for money and will make that back easily.

He will show up for any camp bonuses and nope the **** out of there. He has no incentive to stay and recent history (see LeVeon Bell) says he will get dealt.

What do they have left to convince him with? They just cut his starting center and have no real draft capital atm.

Short of Jack Easterby brainwashing him, he's done in Houston.