Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 142 of 282 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 4222
    Some dude name Michael Balko is claiming the Bears are "the favorites" to sign JJ Watt. This feels like Jared Allen the sequel. I would not hate it depending on the contract.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Some dude name Michael Balko is claiming the Bears are "the favorites" to sign JJ Watt. This feels like Jared Allen the sequel. I would not hate it depending on the contract.
    Doesn't really make a ton of sense unless he's dirt cheap. DL talent/depth is way down the list of needs for this roster.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Only way i see it making sense is if he is here to replace hicks for less money. If he is more I would rather keep Hicks.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Aaron, Young, Russell are mobile, but they don't rely on that to be great. They just have it in their back pocket. They had the legs and the IQ. Kinda why Lawrence is looked at as the next big thing. There is a reason he's number 1 overall.
    I completely disagree. Most of the reason they are/were as good as they are is due to their mobility. I think the only guy currently that is a better runner than thrower is Lamar. Same in this draft Lawrence, Wilson, Fields all run when other options are exhausted so don't think your position holds any water. There is a reason Mac is still ranked behind all these guys. Mobility is a HUGE factor in QB play it is what it is. Mac needs a basically elite oline around him to succeed, and not many teams fit that bill. Unless he gets in a perfect situation he will struggle.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Doesn't really make a ton of sense unless he's dirt cheap. DL talent/depth is way down the list of needs for this roster.
    That guy has no connections.

But yeah, pass.

I think there's a disconnect with the word 'mobile' in relates to QB.

Mahomes
    Watson
    Rodgers
    Wilson
    Allen
    Murray
    Mayfield
    Carr
    Burrow

Are all very mobile "in the pocket" (those are just off the top of my head)

You keep mentioning mobility like we're talking about Lamar Jackson when he gets old.

I've said a couple times, Mac Jones is a total ****ing mystery to me and that his evaluation begins behind the scenes/work outs. The guy was never touched and was surrounded with NFL talent... very hard to evaluate IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    I completely disagree. Most of the reason they are/were as good as they are is due to their mobility. I think the only guy currently that is a better runner than thrower is Lamar. Same in this draft Lawrence, Wilson, Fields all run when other options are exhausted so don't think your position holds any water. There is a reason Mac is still ranked behind all these guys. Mobility is a HUGE factor in QB play it is what it is. Mac needs a basically elite oline around him to succeed, and not many teams fit that bill. Unless he gets in a perfect situation he will struggle.
    All these guys are rated ahead because of the upside that the mobility brings. Thereís no disconnect on my understanding of the difference between Lamar and Michael Vick and RG 3 compared to these mobile guys. But hereís the thing, we arenít in a position to try to trade into the top 5 to get these high upside mobile guys. We are in position to potentially get mac Jones, and in the end, I wouldnít be the least bit mad, because while the rest have higher upside, he has the most long term upside, and I truly think heís the smartest QB in this draft.

He in no way has the most long term upside. He is the safest but has almost no upside. I'd rather trade a 5th rounder for Minshew than use a 1st on Mac. They are basically the same guy.

He in no way has the most long term upside. He is the safest but has almost no upside. I'd rather trade a 5th rounder for Minshew than use a 1st on Mac. They are basically the same guy.
    Aside from Lawrence that is. I donít even bring him up, because heís a jag for life. As for the other QBs, we arenít getting them either. Itís not even worth dreaming about it. Can you imagine how bad Pace would get bent over trying to trade into the top 5? Fields I just donít like. I way h d a lot of OSU, and I donít see him making quick reads, and I thought he missed a lot of short and intermediate passes this year, or didnít hit guys in rhythm. He has that great Clemson get and I get why that hyped everyone up, but heís not the guy for me. I could be wrong. Iíll admit it if I am. Save this if you like. I love Wilson, but again, we arenít getting high enough for him, and his lack of elite competition is a little worrisome. He was fun to watch and accurate AF, but he had an eternity to throw half the time. His most impressive game to me was how he finished Vs CCU. He showed Moxie. I want no part of the lottery ticket Lance. If Iím taking Lance or Mac, itís Mac all day.

Aside from Lawrence that is. I donít even bring him up, because heís a jag for life. As for the other QBs, we arenít getting them either. Itís not even worth dreaming about it. Can you imagine how bad Pace would get bent over trying to trade into the top 5? Fields I just donít like. I way h d a lot of OSU, and I donít see him making quick reads, and I thought he missed a lot of short and intermediate passes this year, or didnít hit guys in rhythm. He has that great Clemson get and I get why that hyped everyone up, but heís not the guy for me. I could be wrong. Iíll admit it if I am. Save this if you like. I love Wilson, but again, we arenít getting high enough for him, and his lack of elite competition is a little worrisome. He was fun to watch and accurate AF, but he had an eternity to throw half the time. His most impressive game to me was how he finished Vs CCU. He showed Moxie. I want no part of the lottery ticket Lance. If Iím taking Lance or Mac, itís Mac all day.
    See people say this about Lawrence but I've brought up multiple times I don't think he's as good as people think. I don't think he's as good as Luck and he may not be as good as Herbert. He's had some games in which he was really bad Va Tech this year 12-22 195 yards 1 TD 1 INT last year against GA Tech 13-23 168 yards 1 TD 2 INT not to mention Burrow and Fields severely outplayed him in consecutive years. Not even Lawrence is can't miss. All QBs have issues, but with Mac if he didn't play for Bama I doubt anyone would be talking about him right now. I believe he's a top 15-20 type of QB. He'll be a decent game manager in the mold of Jimmy G, Minshew, maybe Cousins if he's lucky. He just screams 2-3 round pick which that's fine if that's what you're looking for, but the Bears need a playmaker and a game changer at QB. I'd rather just ride with Foles than draft Mac in the 15-20 range. I'll admit it if I'm wrong I just don't see it. I think Mac will play to the talent that surrounds him. He needs to go to a team like NE or SF.

See people say this about Lawrence but I've brought up multiple times I don't think he's as good as people think. I don't think he's as good as Luck and he may not be as good as Herbert. He's had some games in which he was really bad Va Tech this year 12-22 195 yards 1 TD 1 INT last year against GA Tech 13-23 168 yards 1 TD 2 INT not to mention Burrow and Fields severely outplayed him in consecutive years. Not even Lawrence is can't miss. All QBs have issues, but with Mac if he didn't play for Bama I doubt anyone would be talking about him right now. I believe he's a top 15-20 type of QB. He'll be a decent game manager in the mold of Jimmy G, Minshew, maybe Cousins if he's lucky. He just screams 2-3 round pick which that's fine if that's what you're looking for, but the Bears need a playmaker and a game changer at QB. I'd rather just ride with Foles than draft Mac in the 15-20 range. I'll admit it if I'm wrong I just don't see it. I think Mac will play to the talent that surrounds him. He needs to go to a team like NE or SF.
    You bring up Herbert when criticizing someone tough games this year for Lawrence. Herbert had plenty of rough games for Oregon. In fact many starting getting down on Herberts value. The thing with Lawrence is he has upside at every thing you look for in a QB. The size, the Arm Strength, the mobility, the IQ, etc...Is he canít miss? Not a chance. QB is almost impossible to predict. A few things I noticed with Lawrence this year. A) his WRs werenít nearly as dominant as in years past. B) we canít discount the effect Covid had. I got Rona February 2nd. I returned to sports Jan 19th. The sickness wasnít terrible for me, but I developed a horrible cough thatís still in full effect, and if I overexert, itís significantly harder to maintain my breath as it was prior to this. Hell I shoveled my driveway last Tuesday, and I coughed with every thrust of snow, ended up with a massive migraine and passed out from 6am to 2pm. Iím pretty sure my lungs are damaged. So I canít sit here and say for sure he didnít have issues. Not to mention the 2 weeks of quarantine really has an effect on your endurance. Granted Iím sure he found a way to work out when he felt good enough to.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    Oh boy.. hopefully Eddie knows something we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Oh boy.. hopefully Eddie knows something we don't.
    Probably in relation to this tweet from Watson Personal QB Coach:

https://twitter.com/Quincy_Avery/sta...49819013373957

You bring up Herbert when criticizing someone tough games this year for Lawrence. Herbert had plenty of rough games for Oregon. In fact many starting getting down on Herberts value. The thing with Lawrence is he has upside at every thing you look for in a QB. The size, the Arm Strength, the mobility, the IQ, etc...Is he canít miss? Not a chance. QB is almost impossible to predict. A few things I noticed with Lawrence this year. A) his WRs werenít nearly as dominant as in years past. B) we canít discount the effect Covid had. I got Rona February 2nd. I returned to sports Jan 19th. The sickness wasnít terrible for me, but I developed a horrible cough thatís still in full effect, and if I overexert, itís significantly harder to maintain my breath as it was prior to this. Hell I shoveled my driveway last Tuesday, and I coughed with every thrust of snow, ended up with a massive migraine and passed out from 6am to 2pm. Iím pretty sure my lungs are damaged. So I canít sit here and say for sure he didnít have issues. Not to mention the 2 weeks of quarantine really has an effect on your endurance. Granted Iím sure he found a way to work out when he felt good enough to.
    Finally, someone says it. Maybe I haven't watched enough Lawrence, probably because I can't stand to look at his face and hair, but I don't see it either.