Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 141 of 280 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 4199
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    He's not playing this year he signed with an agent and will be in the draft.
    Well **** I didn’t see that. I was hoping to watch him play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones-in View Post
    I would love to get a tackle in the 1st.
    Kyle Trask in the 2nd and Desmond Ridder in the 5th.

Take 2 swings on qbs and keep Foles. Trask has great pocket awareness and accuracy. Not sure why he's not getting any love, he was literally a heisman candidate most of the year.
    Would not take trask b4 the 3rd after his benching.

My personal comps for guys

Lawrence- Luck
    Wilson - Somewhere between Mahomes and Manziel. Highest upside but lowest floor IMO
    Fields- Teddy B. This one will piss off alot of people here. I just dont see the It factor with him though to make him great
    Trey Lance- Marcus Moriotta w renewed potential
    Mac Jones- Sam Darnold now not the draft prospect (again i don't see IT with him)
    Trask- Nick Foles with a little athletism
    Newman- daniel Jones
    Last edited by Kyben36; 02-20-2021 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Would not take trask b4 the 3rd after his benching.

My personal comps for guys

Lawrence- Luck
    Wilson - Somewhere between Mahomes and Manziel. Highest upside but lowest floor IMO
    Fields- Teddy B. This one will piss off alot of people here. I just dont see the It factor with him though to make him great
    Trey Lance- Marcus Moriotta w renewed potential
    Mac Jones- Sam Darnold now not the draft prospect (again i don't see IT with him)
    Trask- Nick Foles with a little athletism
    Newman- daniel Jones
    Most of these aren't bad, but yeah the fields one is way off. It doesn't piss me off per say its just not accurate. Teddy ran 4.8 in the combine fields is a 4.4-4.5 guy and an elite athlete. Teddy is an average athlete. I'm not guaranteeing Fields will even be better than Teddy (though he likely will be) but they don't even play similar games so not really sure where that came from. The Cam comps are much more accurate. If you want a more old school one he somewhat reminds me of McNabb. Don't really get the it factor thing either. If there is anything he does have its an "it" factor. Dude was 5 star recruit (top 5 all time) and has been a star everywhere he's played. He also played one of his best games in a CFB semifinal. He has mechanical things to work on but star factor is not his problem.
    Last edited by GeorgiaBear; 02-20-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Most of these aren't bad, but yeah the fields one is way off. It doesn't piss me off per say its just not accurate. Teddy ran 4.8 in the combine fields is a 4.4-4.5 guy and an elite athlete. Teddy is an average athlete. I'm not guaranteeing Fields will even be better than Teddy (though he likely will be) but they don't even play similar games so not really sure where that came from. The Cam comps are much more accurate. If you want a more old school one he somewhat reminds me of McNabb. Don't really get the it factor thing either. If there is anything he does have its an "it" factor. Dude was 5 star recruit (top 5 all time) and has been a star everywhere he's played. He also played one of his best games in a CFB semifinal. He has mechanical things to work on but star factor is not his problem.
    Mcnabb is a solid comp that I didnt think of but I just dont know if Feilds will be as good. I tend to try and go lower with upside to be better. The only guy in this draft I am sure on is Lawrence being good the rest good prospects but not great

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Mcnabb is a solid comp that I didnt think of but I just dont know if Feilds will be as good. I tend to try and go lower with upside to be better. The only guy in this draft I am sure on is Lawrence being good the rest good prospects but not great
    No I get you think he may not be that good and that's fine but the point of a comp is to pick a player that has the same traits as someone currently in the NFL or someone who was in the NFL in the past. My issue with the Bridgewater comp is they are nothing alike. Bridgewater is pretty much a pocket passing QB with limited athletic ability. Fields is an elite athlete with a big arm. If you're looking for a floor comp for Fields you could pick someone like Taysom Hill.

I disagree with his comp of Mac Jones to Darnold but overall they are solid comps.. Not saying Mac is the next coming of Mahomes but I think he has a higher ceiling that Sam Darnold.
    Screw sabermetics.

I think Fields’ comp is Russel Wilson.. not saying he will turn out the same, but the accuracy, leadership and mobility is the main reason.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    I think Fields’ comp is Russel Wilson.. not saying he will turn out the same, but the accuracy, leadership and mobility is the main reason.
    If he turns into a bigger Russell Wilson that would be the most you could ever ask for imo. I don't think he's as shifty as Wilson or as good at putting touch on balls (Wilson may be the best in the NFL at that) but they do share some attributes. I've also seen a lot of people compare him to Dak which isn't a bad one. He's definitely faster than Dak but they do have similar frames, arms strength, and perceived weaknesses coming out of college. Fields is overall a better prospect than Dak. If you'd ask me if I wanted a more athletic Dak I'd take that 10/10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I disagree with his comp of Mac Jones to Darnold but overall they are solid comps.. Not saying Mac is the next coming of Mahomes but I think he has a higher ceiling that Sam Darnold.
    I think Darnold has a higher ceiling then darnold right now though too? maybe I didnt make that clear but he isnt the Franchise QB everyone thought he might be. and neither do I think Jones will be either. For me if you ask me who has a higher ceiling today I would probably argue Darnold But honestly I would probably take Jones over him because I think Darnolds poor coaching will be harder to get over than Jones's lack of upside.

But if you told me that 1 year from now Darnold went to.... say NE.... SF.... or some other well coached team I would not doubt he could be a top 15 QB. I just dont know if I ever see Jones getting close to that top 15 range.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I think Darnold has a higher ceiling then darnold right now though too? maybe I didnt make that clear but he isnt the Franchise QB everyone thought he might be. and neither do I think Jones will be either. For me if you ask me who has a higher ceiling today I would probably argue Darnold But honestly I would probably take Jones over him because I think Darnolds poor coaching will be harder to get over than Jones's lack of upside.

But if you told me that 1 year from now Darnold went to.... say NE.... SF.... or some other well coached team I would not doubt he could be a top 15 QB. I just dont know if I ever see Jones getting close to that top 15 range.
    I agree with you. Darnold was a top 3 pick and was projected to have a higher ceiling than Mac does. Mac was a better college player but I don't know how much room for growth he has. However, I'd also take Mac over Darnold right now because Darnold is broken and I don't think he can be fixed. If he can I don't believe in Nagy to be the one that does it. Mac from day one probably gives you the same production as Minshew, but Minshew can be had for less than a 1st. Mac may cost a 1st plus a pick to trade up. I'm not sure if a high floor low ceiling QB is worth it. Like it or not all the young successful QBs have mobility. Some less mobile older guys (Brady, Rivers, Ryan) are still playing decently well but there's a reason all the young guys are mobile (Watson, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Murray, Lamar, etc) the list goes on and on.

I'd comp fields to a Randall Cunningham or McNabb. Something along the lines of those two.

When you look back at these mobile QB's over the years, one thing they all have in common, is none of them succeeded into their mid 30's. Low 30's seems to be the ceiling for these types of QB's, mainly because the thing that makes their passing great is their scrambling ability. As soon as it goes, so goes their efficiency. It'll be interesting to see how Russell Wilson does the next couple years. I know line issue played it's role in his late season struggles, but it was almost like someone pressed the "You're Old" button as soon as he turned 32, and he struggled mightily.

Russ's 1st 8 games:

28 TD's
    8 INT's
    2541 Passing Yards
    317.63 PYPG

Russ's last 9:

14 TD's
    6 INT's
    1845 Passing Yards
    184.50 PYPG

He's one of the few mobile QB's I feel can succeed deeper into his 30's, mainly cuz I think he can be a Brees esque QB without his great mobility. But that was a huge drop off in the 2nd half. I don't have the same confidence in a guy like Watson, and I definitely don't see Lamar Jackson having long term success into his 30's. That's why I'm leery of ignoring a potential elite Pro Style QB that relies on his football IQ to make quick reads and accurate throws that keep their WR's in Rhythm, over the Mobile QB's who use their athleticism to buy them time to make the reads. 1 has a low 40's shelf life and 1 has a mid 30's shelf life. 1 puts your franchise at the mercy of a higher likelihood of injuries that could cost you multiple seasons.

Aaron Rodgers is a mobile QB lol he's doing okay. Steve Young mobile QB. Fran Tarkenton mobile QB. It's not just today's era there have always been great mobile QBs. This argument that mobile QBs can't succeed in their 30s is nonsense. In the current NFL era the mobile QB trend only started a few years ago so most of the guys are still too young to see if they regress. I simply don't think it's the case.

At the very least I think we need to use the Transition Tag on Arob.

It gives him the access to get the money he thinks he's worth but gives us the ultimate final say.

Aaron Rodgers is a mobile QB lol he's doing okay. Steve Young mobile QB. Fran Tarkenton mobile QB. It's not just today's era there have always been great mobile QBs. This argument that mobile QBs can't succeed in their 30s is nonsense. In the current NFL era the mobile QB trend only started a few years ago so most of the guys are still too young to see if they regress. I simply don't think it's the case.
    Aaron, Young, Russell are mobile, but they don't rely on that to be great. They just have it in their back pocket. They had the legs and the IQ. Kinda why Lawrence is looked at as the next big thing. There is a reason he's number 1 overall.