Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 138 of 282 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 4222
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Idk what is more depressing that Mitch might be the QB again or that he might be throwing to a team minus allen Robinson.

I mean imagine going into next year with Mitch minus his saftey blanket. We may actually we worse on offense
    I cannot see how they can bring back Mitch (or that Trubisky would even want to come back) without pissing off the whole fan base and probably the club house, especially if ARod is gone.

If Mitch is brought back it is because Pace fail to get somebody better and should that be the case then Pace needs to be shown the door immediately.
    Screw sabermetics.

Bears are going to take Mac Jones. He's the 1 QB that might be around our pick or at the very least not cost a crazy amount to trade up for. It's the unsexy safe pick that no one seems to want, but in the end it'll be the smartest thing we could do for our franchise.

I'd try to land that Giants pick at 11. Just in case the 9ers or Pats are thinking about QB

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I cannot see how they can bring back Mitch (or that Trubisky would even want to come back) without pissing off the whole fan base and probably the club house, especially if ARod is gone.

If Mitch is brought back it is because Pace fail to get somebody better and should that be the case then Pace needs to be shown the door immediately.
    Not that I think Winston is the answer.... But isnt he or anyone else at least a breath of fresh air. **** i think Foles with an upgraded OL. Make Nagy stick with the guy he picked and build up the team around him. And should he fail... Nagy is gone and the team has a chance to insert a QB into a good situation.

Not that I think Winston is the answer.... But isnt he or anyone else at least a breath of fresh air. **** i think Foles with an upgraded OL. Make Nagy stick with the guy he picked and build up the team around him. And should he fail... Nagy is gone and the team has a chance to insert a QB into a good situation.
    Foles behind a good O-line can execute most of the stuff Nagy wants to do. The question is will Nagy/Pace transition from a QB hunt to a Tackle hunt?

This is theoretically possible:

-Tag and trade Robinson to BAL for LT Orlando Brown
    -Use your 1st round pick on Mack Jones (if he's gone draft the best tackle on the board like RT Slawson from Northwestern)
    -Take a WR in round 2 and trade back when you can to recoup picks.
    -Cut Massie, Graham, and Leno and use that money to resign go after I guy like WR Golliday and sign ifedi for tackle Depth

LT Brown
    LG Whitehair
    C Mustipher
    RG Daniels
    RT Slawson

If Foles can't get time to throw behind that then we're screwed anyway

Sam Darnold could be available for a team's second round pick.
    The Jets are widely expected to use the No. 2 pick in the NFL Draft on Justin Fields or Zach Wilson, making Darnold expendable after Adam Gase nearly destroyed his career. League sources told SportsNet New York's Ralph Vacchiano that the Eagles trading Carson Wentz to the Colts for a third rounder and a conditional second rounder wouldn't change the Jets' asking price for Darnold. Vacchiano reports the Jets' asking price for their QB "has long been projected to be a second-round pick, plus maybe another mid-to-late rounder." Incredibly just 23 years old, Darnold could be an enticing target for a QB-needy team like Washington, who is reportedly interested in dealing for Darnold. It would be stunning if a team -- Washington or otherwise -- offered anything more than a second round pick for Darnold.
    Not sure what to think.. He's only 23 and had a solid collegiate career... He did play under Gase & the Jets, which should give him a pass

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Not sure what to think.. He's only 23 and had a solid collegiate career... He did play under Gase & the Jets, which should give him a pass
    If you use a poor coach as an excuse for giving a QB a pass then Trubisky should get one for Nagy. Then again, no.... We did have more talent to work with here, I think Darnold has a chance in the right environment with talent to be decent, though we probably donít fit in that category.

Then again, didnít Gase get a reputation as a QB guru for Cutler that one year? Me personally, if it came down to it and Darnold was available for a 2nd with little other options I would do it. For the Bears to move up in the draft it would take a ransom, and again we would be hitching many years to a high draft pick that may bust. It also may give McCrapsky yet another excuse to give Pace more time with a young QB. Could end up a Trubisky 2.0 situation and looking at how Pace has done with the QB situation so far do we really have any faith this guy would draft a good QB?

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    I'd sweat them out. Darnold was 2020 Wentz-levels of bad during his time under Gase. We could get him for a couple of thirds at best.

The Bears shouldn't be trading for Darnold unless it's for late round picks. If we're gonna play a lottery ticket at QB this year, just draft one. Don't give up anything close to real draft capital, especially if it's multiple picks. There's a really strong chance that he's not even better than Foles in the end. We shouldn't trade a package that obligates him to start games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    The Bears shouldn't be trading for Darnold unless it's for late round picks. If we're gonna play a lottery ticket at QB this year, just draft one. Don't give up anything close to real draft capital, especially if it's multiple picks. There's a really strong chance that he's not even better than Foles in the end. We shouldn't trade a package that obligates him to start games this year.
    You are correct, sir.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    You are correct, sir.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Agreed. I don't think guys like Winston or Mariota would give us much of a boost over Foles, if at all. To me, if you don't get someone like Watson, Dak, or Carr, then just look to the draft for your future QB and let him compete with Foles in camp.
    Fire Ryan Pace

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I know i am probably the highest on him but I would rather draft Jammie newman in the 3rd then trade that same pick for Darnold.

I'd like a rookie over anything but not with Nagy.

So I want , in this order

1)Watson
    2)dak
    3) Ryan(still think he's very very good)

4)winston/darnold . Probable tank

I don't want anything in between. Not interested in Carr as a position stabilizer. That said, wouldn't be upset if we did get him.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I know i am probably the highest on him but I would rather draft Jammie newman in the 3rd then trade that same pick for Darnold.
    *Jamie and he won't be available in the 3rd most likely. He'll be in the 2nd. Probably Trask, Newman, and Mond would be the only guys I'm interested after round 1.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I'd like a rookie over anything but not with Nagy.

So I want , in this order

1)Watson
    2)dak
    3) Ryan(still think he's very very good)

4)winston/darnold . Probable tank

I don't want anything in between. Not interested in Carr as a position stabilizer. That said, wouldn't be upset if we did get him.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    At this stage Ryan is probably worse than Carr and older. I'm telling you without all those weapons he has in ATL he'll struggle bad. The only plus to Ryan is he'll cost less but not a fan of that move. Really only Dak and Watson interest me and that won't happen. After them it's Carr and Minshew or draft a guy. Don't want Ryan, Winston, or Mariota.