Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 291 of 321 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 4807
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I actually think this part of it is overblown. Rodgers has had one of the best O-lines in the league the last 10 seasons and a top 5 receiver in the game. If you're a top QB getting paid top QB money, that's as much as you could reasonably expect given that there's a salary cap.

The problem, imo, is that they drafted his replacement. I could honestly see it being a "him or me" thing with Rodgers and Love. He doesn't want the Packers holding onto Love just waiting for the moment they get the best opportunity to kick him to the curb when he and/or the team struggles or they just decide they don't want him anymore. He wants the leverage. And probably a new contract. It might be too little, too late from the sound of it though.

Anyway, it's all fun and amusing, but I won't be celebrating till Rodgers isn't on the team anymore.
    I duno, he has countless different WR's and RB's over the years, nothing consistent. He has definitely voiced his frustration time and time again.. When Jordy Nelson was let go, not drafting WR's, etc. My point was, why not give this dude what he wants, he earned having an opinion in who they draft offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    I duno, he has countless different WR's and RB's over the years, nothing consistent. He has definitely voiced his frustration time and time again.. When Jordy Nelson was let go, not drafting WR's, etc. My point was, why not give this dude what he wants, he earned having an opinion in who they draft offensively.
    No roster is perfect, but again, not sure how much I can really feel bad for him in that regard. He's had one of the best O-lines in the league for years, including arguably the best LT in the game, and a top 5 elite WR as his #1. Both of those two have received big second contracts as investments to helping Rodgers. Not to mention he's one of the highest paid players in the game himself. I think before Mahomes he was the highest paid still. Any QB should be expected to be happy with those surroundings imo. Lazard, Valdez-Scantling, and Robert Tonyan are pretty good as far as secondary pieces go imo to go along with one of the best rushing games in the league. The Packers as a whole, are a really well-rounded team. I don't really buy that this isn't about money and leverage for Rodgers. He has every right to be pissed about the Jordan Love pick, but beyond that, the Packers have done a really great job building around him over the years imo.

That Larry Borom interview was great I didnít know he use to play high school basketball, he averaged 9.3 and 7.2 rebounds thru 18 games as a freshman

Wouldn't mind him as a backup. He had a nice rookie season. Dealt with injuries since.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Wouldn't mind him as a backup. He had a nice rookie season. Dealt with injuries since.
    Ehhh the RB room is pretty full now with Monty, Herbert, Damien Williams, and now Cohen coming back. I think all the options we have are better than him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Ehhh the RB room is pretty full now with Monty, Herbert, Damien Williams, and now Cohen coming back. I think all the options we have are better than him.

Yeah why waste a spot on a guy that hasn't been healthy since he's been in the league. Monty is going to get a boatload of carries. Williams is well rested, and he was exactly what you want in a backup RB in KC. I think we all forget how productive he was in KC, being that he sat a year. Dude had 6 TD's in 3 playoff games. 4 Rushing and 2 Receiving. He also scored a TD in his last 5 games played. He was a nice addition IMO.

And I'd definitely rather see what we have in Herbert. He is young, healthy, and hungry.

I don't care much for Cohen, but he's here, and he will get his touches too. No room for another RB, so no point wasting assets and a roster spot on a guy that has had his chances.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Yeah why waste a spot on a guy that hasn't been healthy since he's been in the league. Monty is going to get a boatload of carries. Williams is well rested, and he was exactly what you want in a backup RB in KC. I think we all forget how productive he was in KC, being that he sat a year. Dude had 6 TD's in 3 playoff games. 4 Rushing and 2 Receiving. He also scored a TD in his last 5 games played. He was a nice addition IMO.

And I'd definitely rather see what we have in Herbert. He is young, healthy, and hungry.

I don't care much for Cohen, but he's here, and he will get his touches too. No room for another RB, so no point wasting assets and a roster spot on a guy that has had his chances.
    Yeah I think they have a perfect combo for now. Unless thereís an injury, I donít think we really see Herbert playing RB snaps next year. I think he will handle return duties for the most part.

Yeah, hard pass on Kerryon. We don't really have a spot for him, and I think he's kinda toast. Just another reason not to draft RB earlier than day 3. Positional value aside, the shelf life is terrible.

Totally forgot about Damien Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Totally forgot about Damien Williams.
    I did too a while back. Lowkey a very solid signing.

I did too a while back. Lowkey a very solid signing.

I forgot how good he was in the December and January 2 seasons ago. He was really really good.

Yeah I think they have a perfect combo for now. Unless thereís an injury, I donít think we really see Herbert playing RB snaps next year. I think he will handle return duties for the most part.

And that's exactly how I expect it to play out. It'll be nice having him on the roster though. You have to expect at least a handful of games missed from Monty/Williams/Cohen combined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruzA1jNe2wY

This is the definition of a 3rd down back! He should be a big part of our offense. He has the screen down!

Looks like Pace has done a lot better than most thought in regards to cap space

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.