Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 145 of 282 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 4228
    Reliable kickers are very very hard to come by and Santos seems like a sure bet to at least be that (barring health)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I'm pretty confident in Cairo personally.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 02-24-2021 at 08:02 PM.

I have no problem paying a reliable kicker 3-5M a year. Too many close games in the NFL to worry about 2% of the salary cap.

Donít let Cairo get away

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    I just think your whole argument is ridiculous. I don't think anyone is one here saying we give him crazy kicker money.

You actually can blame his lack of success on injuries. Like a kicker is just going to be good through years of groin injuries? You blame his lack of a job on getting cut by teams while battling injuries? He's not a LB you can stash. You don't practice squad a kicker. There's 32 kicking jobs. Every single team brings in multiple kickers every single year. It's not a measurable you can use to denounce a player. There's 32 jobs out there, most teams stick with the incumbent, and Santos has had issues injury wise until recently. Almost every kicker has been cut multiple times.

The Chiefs let him go because he was injured and they found Harrison Butker because of it in 2017.

This is crazy talk man. No one is saying pay the guy 5+ million. Resign him if it's reasonable.
    No guys are saying make sure you resign him. Thats the issue I an taking offense to like he is the bonafied answer at Kicker. And again i don't believe he is. U can keep brining up his injuries as an excuse but then lets call it what it is he is injury prone. And I am against giving a multi year deal to a guy like that. The way i see it Making sure you resign him is giving him at minimum Cody Parkey type money... If not more in FA. And the fact is i dont think he is worth that guaruntee. 2 year 7 mil is the most I would do with an out available.

I just don't think he takes that and somebody will offer him cody parkey esk money. The fact is we are cash straped this year. 1v5 mil for a kicker isnt that big of a deal when you have 60+ mil to spend. But we don't. And Until we figure out how we are negotiating this money idk how anyone is sold on spending money on a kicker who 3 out of the last 4 years has been injured.

And the fact remains this.... Would you sign santos to a deal and risk loosing robinson or take the loss at Kicker and use that 2-3 mil to lock him up.

Again if we were not literally negative in cap space with dozzens of holes to fill in both starters and depth while also needing to find 18+ mil for Robinson I think i could understand making a bigger effort to retain him. But the fact is i just am not sold he is a great kicker off this one year and would be willing to let him walk if he cost to much. But nobody here is saying that. When you say things like you need to make sure to resign him it insinuates your willing to overpay to keep him

to me I also look at FA and say why is anyone convinced that Santos is better than ....

Prater
    Gostkowski
    Hopkins
    Bullock
    Folk

....In the near future. The fact is you cant. And the fact is kicking is so fickle year to year and Santos track record the past 3 years has not been great.

And to me.... You can sit here Blams and say Reliable Kickers are hard to come by. And I agree. But there are only like 3-5 of those in the league. But if your consistently over 80% that is a consistant enough Kicker who your not activly looking to replace. Eddie Pinerro to me showed he could do that. It's what Robbie Gould was for us for years. Allways in the mid 80s. There are 20+ kickers who kick over 80% each year. And I dont see Santos as a sure thing to be a guy you just have to keep. Whether you want to sit here and blame health or not he had at least 2 offseasons to get right and failed and was a FA afterthought at kicker last year.

Maybe i am looking at it too much financially though. I just understand what an extra 3 mil between pinerro and Santos could get us on defense... In terms of an upgrade. In terms of quality depth. And to me the difference between Santos who if all works out well is probably an 86% kicker next year and Pinerro at probably 82% is soo over dramatized. Over the course of 50 kicks your talking about 1 or 2 extra misses or 6 points. And thr fact still remains santos could get hurt again. But some of you seem convinced he is the long term solution after 3 strait years of failure and 1 solid year.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    This is strait up Dumb. I like adam hoge but the bears do need a new stadium..... But it needs to be right where the current one sits. Not many stadiums are in the heart id downtown like Chicagos is. Moving it would be a travesty IMO.

Part of a bears game is being downtown. Being in the city.

And also and Indoor retractable roof? Come on Adam. If your a bears fan and your too cold go be a vikqueens fan.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 02-25-2021 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    This is strait up Dumb. I like adam hoge but the bears do need a new stadium..... But it needs to be right where the current one sits. Not many stadiums are in the heart id downtown like Chicagos is. Moving it would be a travesty IMO.

Part of a bears game is being downtown. Being in the city.

And also and Indoor retractable roof? Come on Adam. If your a bears fan and your too cold go be a vikqueens fan.
    The Retractable roof is more to attract more indoor venues (Concerts during the Fall/Winter season) and maybe a crack at a Superbowl.

If the The Meadowlands in freaking New Jersey can get one, why not us?

Yeah that's ridiculous.. The Bears ARE downtown Chicago.. That will never change.

I would be fine if they moved the bears. Whatever it takes to get an indoor stadium. They're just so amazing.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

They donít even own it and one of the most outdated stadiums in the league . If the want more money they will build a new place to play thatís updated it just makes sense . Solider field will turn into a museum and offer other use

The Athletic
    @TheAthletic
    Russell Wilsonís frustration has led his camp to broach trade destinations with the Seahawks, sources tell The Athletic.

Teams include:
    ■ Dolphins
    ■ Jets
    ■ Saints
    ■ Raiders
    Woah. Why the Jets!?? He and Watson are tied to the worst organization in football.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Woah. Why the Jets!?? He and Watson are tied to the worst organization in football.
    NY media. Allows them to be the face of not only a franchise, but maybe the league. Especially if the Nets turn it around with their arrival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who wants to go to the jets is someone who doesnít care about winning