Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 149 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    It must be indiciative of something this org is doing well that other teams are hiring all of our position coaches. Don't remember the last time that happened with any kind of frequency.
    Did the Falcons not see our offense last year? Hell, they almost beat it with Mitch out there.

If Todd Gurley has a Rams-esque year in 2021, I'll eat my words.

It must be indiciative of something this org is doing well that other teams are hiring all of our position coaches. Don't remember the last time that happened with any kind of frequency.
    Or these coaches now that Nagy and/or Pace are both lame ducks for next season and are simply jumping ship.
    Screw sabermetics.

I think people are going a little overboard about the strength of schedule for 2021. Instead of the AFC south and NFC South, we get the AFC North and NFC West. Our two other NFC games are vs Giants and Bucs compared to Giants and Rams. Iíd argue itís just the same as last year, which doesnít mean itís not a tough schedule, just that people are blowing it out of proportion.

I know 3 teams from the AFC North made the playoffs, but none of those teams scare me and think we donít have a chance against them. Thereís just no really crappy team we face besides maybe the bengals and giants, but that can change with an injury.

Or maybe all of our coaches are saying, "I gotta GTFO of this dumpster fire."

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Or maybe all of our coaches are saying, "I gotta GTFO of this dumpster fire."
    One doesn't get to jump from one ship to another without mutual interest in the NFL.

That was tough to watch lol. Had to be a little nervous or something. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One doesn't get to jump from one ship to another without mutual interest in the NFL.
    Was a joke...

They're good coaches. Staley and Rodgers especially. Not sure about Raggone though.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-21-2021 at 09:26 PM.

They are position coaches not coordinators. We have a good Dline and a good RB so makes sense those guys got jobs. There are also guys being made coaches that have previous relationships with these guys. I don't think it signals the organization is going in the right direction, they just have some decent position coaches.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Is it bad that I kinda like Dan Campbell after his presser lol?

I did not know Henry Burris is on the bears coaching staff no wonder why we suck we can never get the right coaching staff right lol

Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    I did not know Henry Burris is on the bears coaching staff no wonder why we suck we can never get the right coaching staff right lol

He could he a great coach for all we know honestly, being bad at qb doesn't make one a bad coach .

Who knows how he would've done in the nfl after his CFL experience. He did really well there. There's a chance he matured a lot as a player.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    He could he a great coach for all we know honestly, being bad at qb doesn't make one a bad coach .

Who knows how he would've done in the nfl after his CFL experience. He did really well there. There's a chance he matured a lot as a player.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    According to Jahns, one option is to use Foles as a bridge QB and draft one*high. He*quotes Brad Spielburger from OTC as saying Foles contract makes it a strong possibility that can't be discarded.
    That is absolute vomit if that happens*because it practically ensures another season stuck in mediocracy or losing. Why the hell would you retain Nagy/Pace then?

https://twitter.com/adamjahns/status...714642947?s=19
    I don't think the article says that. It says that Foles isn't going anywhere, which I think a lot of us realized.

This to me is the more terrifying part:
    The Bearsí process for evaluating QBs will be different than it was in 2017. There is more experience and that should matter ó at least the Bears brass hopes thatís the case. Nagy was part of an evaluation in Kansas City that favored Mahomes over Trubisky and Watson.
    But itís more than Nagy. Quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo, offensive coordinator Bill Lazor and passing game coordinator Dave Ragone have all been part of coaching staffs that have selected quarterbacks in the past, including in the first round.

Nagy: Mike Kafka (fourth round, No. 122, 2010), Nick Foles (third round, No. 88, 2012), Aaron Murray (fifth round, No. 163, 2014), Kevin Hogan (fifth round, No. 162, 2016), Patrick Mahomes (first round, No. 10, 2017)

DeFilippo: JaMarcus Russell (first round, No. 1, 2007), Mark Sanchez (first round, No. 5, 2009), Tyler Wilson (fourth round, No. 112, 2013), Derek Carr (second round, No. 36, 2014), Carson Wentz (first round, No. 2, 2016), Gardner Minshew (sixth round, No. 178, 2019)

Lazor: Jason Campbell (first round, No. 25, 2005), Jordan Palmer (sixth round, No. 205, 2007), Mike Teel (sixth round, No. 178, 2009), Matt Barkley (fourth round, No. 98, 2013), Logan Woodside (seventh round, No. 249, 2018)

Ragone: Jake Locker (first round, No. 8, 2011), Mitch Trubisky (first round, No. 2, 2017)"
    These are the QBs our gurus have been involved in picking. Mahomes (via Andy Reid) and Carr. Yay.
    Last edited by Ron!n; 01-22-2021 at 12:17 AM.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Don't underestimate how tight a circle the NFL coaching carousel is. Friends hire friends.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller