Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 278 of 323 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 4837
    To be honest trading up to 4 makes sense if Fields is still there. People forget that before the offseason ended, there was talk of him going ahead of Lawrence. Draft overanalysis is real and it's crazy to think that Fields is now considered some middling prospect and his stock has gone done AFTER his season ended and he was at the top. It's ridiculous.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I feel the same for anyone though. Your getting the 4th best QB in a draft I personally don't consider "ELITE" in terms of QB. There are major problems with everyone IMO other than Lawrence.

Wilson is a 1 year wonder
    Feilds is unliked and seems to have a bad attitude for football
    Mac Jones is physically underwealming in a game where QBs need to be play makers
    And Lance..... Is just so inexperienced and a huge project.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    I'm with you, except for the Wilson part. In the right situation (not sure that's the Jets lol) he could be awesome and end up being the best QB in this draft.

Otherwise I'm not really thrilled about any of these other guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    To be honest trading up to 4 makes sense if Fields is still there. People forget that before the offseason ended, there was talk of him going ahead of Lawrence. Draft overanalysis is real and it's crazy to think that Fields is now considered some middling prospect and his stock has gone done AFTER his season ended and he was at the top. It's ridiculous.
    I don't think that was ever a real discussion or at least I don't remember it. There was more talk about Wilson leap frogging him than anything else.

I'm pretty neutral on Fields. He's a decent prospect and I do think the draft analysis has been too nitpicky with him, but I wouldn't really feel great about giving up future draft capital to go get him. Much like Wilson, in the right situation he could be very good. But does anyone believe him developing under this coaching staff is the right situation?
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 04-09-2021 at 05:05 PM.

You cannot let Pace trade multiple first rounds picks and others to move up in the draft and pick a QB you would be committed to for at least 4 years AGAIN. He made a historic swing and miss blunder once, you would let him do this again? Does that mean McCaskey would keep Pace around to see out if it works? It would be so Bears to let it happen again.

If you want to pick a QB in the second round or beyond then fine. You trade massive assets to get the 4th pick it means you are likely picking the 4th QB taken with the way it looks. No way this should happen, especially with Ryan Pace making the call.

I feel the same for anyone though. Your getting the 4th best QB in a draft I personally don't consider "ELITE" in terms of QB. There are major problems with everyone IMO other than Lawrence.

Wilson is a 1 year wonder
    Feilds is unliked and seems to have a bad attitude for football
    Mac Jones is physically underwealming in a game where QBs need to be play makers
    And Lance..... Is just so inexperienced and a huge project.

He has a bad attitude for football wtf are you talking about? Dude likely broke multiple ribs and still returned to play the rest of the Clemson game and the national championship. Don't make claims when you have no idea what you're talking about. Also there is no way to know if you're getting the 4th best QB in the draft. It could just as likely turn out to be the best QB in the draft as the 4th best.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I don't think that was ever a real discussion or at least I don't remember it. There was more talk about Wilson leap frogging him than anything else.

I'm pretty neutral on Fields. He's a decent prospect and I do think the draft analysis has been too nitpicky with him, but I wouldn't really feel great about giving up future draft capital to go get him. Much like Wilson, in the right situation he could be very good. But does anyone believe him developing under this coaching staff is the right situation?
    No it was a real discussion coming into the season and especially during the season when Fields was putting up ridiculous numbers prior to the IU game. Then the media let one back game determine that Fields couldn't play while people seem to forget Lawrence had several games far worse against worse opponents than IU. Prior to IU game Fields was 72-83 86% for 908 yards 11 TDs 0 INTs through 3 games.

Pace may as well fire himself if he trades up to 4 for Mac Jones.
    I think people are SEVERELY underrated Mac Jones. With that said, I never saw Mac as a top 5/10 player in this draft. I thought 20 or later was the perfect spot for Mac Jones. And if he ended up with the Bears, I think Bears fans in 10-15 years will appreciate the pick more than in 2021.

People don't like Mac because he's not flashy (when is that a crime). Mac does need to sit for a year, but I believe ALL QB's coming into the NFL needs to sit for a year. All Mac did was get the ball to play makers, imo, that makes him a playmaker.

You can win with Mac at QB but like any QB, you got give him the weapons to succeed.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I think people are SEVERELY underrated Mac Jones. With that said, I never saw Mac as a top 5/10 player in this draft. I thought 20 or later was the perfect spot for Mac Jones. And if he ended up with the Bears, I think Bears fans in 10-15 years will appreciate the pick more than in 2021.

People don't like Mac because he's not flashy (when is that a crime). Mac does need to sit for a year, but I believe ALL QB's coming into the NFL needs to sit for a year. All Mac did was get the ball to play makers, imo, that makes him a playmaker.

You can win with Mac at QB but like any QB, you got give him the weapons to succeed.
    He's slow, doesn't have a very good arm, played with 2 top 15 receivers, an elite college online, one of the best rbs in college and people wonder if Mac Jones is the juice? C'mon. No juice is that sweet.

Good as Alabama is they don't produce QB talent. We will see with Tua. Any advance to Hurts was Lincoln Riley. Its not something Saban does. Mac jones is Ken Dorsey in disguise.
    Last edited by disgruntledbull; 04-09-2021 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Capitalization

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I'm with you, except for the Wilson part. In the right situation (not sure that's the Jets lol) he could be awesome and end up being the best QB in this draft.

Otherwise I'm not really thrilled about any of these other guys.
    Ohh i love Wilson. But you cant deny he basically cane out of nowhere.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    He has a bad attitude for football wtf are you talking about? Dude likely broke multiple ribs and still returned to play the rest of the Clemson game and the national championship. Don't make claims when you have no idea what you're talking about. Also there is no way to know if you're getting the 4th best QB in the draft. It could just as likely turn out to be the best QB in the draft as the 4th best.
    From what I have heard its one of the reasons he is falling. That his Tm8s don't like him. That he is a last guy in first guy out type of guy. That he is more worried about his own stats than the team.

And look i get some of you guys like him because he is an OU guy. But this guy should be the lock at #2 with what he did in college but isn't. And there are clearly things teams dont like about him.

-Rem Koolhaas

From what I have heard its one of the reasons he is falling. That his Tm8s don't like him. That he is a last guy in first guy out type of guy. That he is more worried about his own stats than the team.

And look i get some of you guys like him because he is an OU guy. But this guy should be the lock at #2 with what he did in college but isn't. And there are clearly things teams dont like about him.

By from what you heard you mean one report from Dan Orlovsky that he later recanted because he got publicly shamed for it. And he admitted it was unequivocally false and apologized.Not one person has ever raised a legitimate concern about his passion for football or work ethic so go somewhere else with that bs. And no he doesn't play for OU either. The reason he fell is due to concerns about his ability to read a defense due to the IU game and northwestern game. It's fine if you want to raise questions about his football ability, but questioning a kid's work ethic with no evidence is beyond reckless.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

By from what you heard you mean one report from Dan Orlovsky that he later recanted because he got publicly shamed for it. And he admitted it was unequivocally false and apologized.Not one person has ever raised a legitimate concern about his passion for football or work ethic so go somewhere else with that bs. And no he doesn't play for OU either. The reason he fell is due to concerns about his ability to read a defense due to the IU game and northwestern game. It's fine if you want to raise questions about his football ability, but questioning a kid's work ethic with no evidence is beyond reckless.
    No way 9ers traded up for Jones. Its because they know fields is falling. Its crazy fields is falling. He's QB 1 or 2.
    Last edited by disgruntledbull; 04-10-2021 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Forgot

Your defense of him is actually crazy man. Im just going by what i have heard reported. If you personally want to take the time to shoot down every rumor about a guy maybe your too infatuated with the fact he went to a college u like.

https://youtu.be/OmXLzIaHvZI

So don't beat the messenger......

-Rem Koolhaas

Your defense of him is actually crazy man. Im just going by what i have heard reported. If you personally want to take the time to shoot down every rumor about a guy maybe your too infatuated with the fact he went to a college u like.

https://youtu.be/OmXLzIaHvZI

So don't beat the messenger......

Your exact words were he's unliked and seems to have a bad attitude for football. It's not crazy to point out that is a ridiculous take. The clip you just posted is exactly what I'm talking about. He basically recanted everything he said in that video the next day. It really has nothing to do with me being an OSU fan. I've said multiple times he's the 3rd best QB in the draft so not like I'm overrating him. However, when you post a statement like that which has no basis in reality other than a team probably spreading misinformation to get him to drop you're being pretty reckless.

https://mobile.twitter.com/danorlovs...2%2Fframe.html