Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 236 of 293 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 4392
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Calm down guys. Lol. Infinity is clearly a pace burner account he uses trying to rationalize his decisions to fans.

The fact it this offseason has clearly turned into a **** show. Idk if I recall this much dysfunction at once in my own history of watching the bears.
    The end of the Trestman era/error was full of chaos.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Im not even saying their 8-8 talented, just that the Bears will find a way to be just mediocre enough to win that many games. Its our luck.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Maybe, but I see this more as Trestman's final year when the wheels fell off. It feels like we're at that point. Unless Pace pulls a trade out of his *** for Wilson/Watson, I'm just not seeing a path to success this season.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    The end of the Trestman era/error was full of chaos.
    Players demanding trades bad? Star players not even being spoken to about deals bad. Egregious signing after egregious signing?

I would have rather they went and gotten darnold! At least he is young unlike a 33 year old dolton!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Players demanding trades bad? Star players not even being spoken to about deals bad. Egregious signing after egregious signing?
    Just saying Bears are no strangers to chaos.

----

I cannot believe the Bears even promised the starting spot to Dalton.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    I would have rather they went and gotten darnold! At least he is young unlike a 33 year old dolton!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm hoping they still do. I'm hoping that was the plan. Send Foles and a draft pick to the Jets and have Dalton be the backup

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Maybe, but I see this more as Trestman's final year when the wheels fell off. It feels like we're at that point. Unless Pace pulls a trade out of his *** for Wilson/Watson, I'm just not seeing a path to success this season.
    Kinda what I'm expecting too. Barring a huge QB upgrade, I think next season will be ugly, and I'm okay with that.

When all looks bleak, when things seem to be falling apart, when players start to complain, do not fear. Just read this quote from the great leader Ted Phillips and all will be well:

“We have exactly the right football culture that all teams strive for.”

Hicks was an idiot last year. Was getting stupid penalties all year.

We new we were going to have cap casualties, while I loved kyle fuller there has to be a few drops that we weren't going to like.

After sleeping on it, I'm not as pissed off as I was when the Fuller news first broke. It looks like Pace is trying to a soft reboot of a build with a focus on building up the offense while shedding cap on the defense and leaning harder on our young defensive studs. This thread does a better job of explaining it:

https://twitter.com/Johnathan_Wood1/...31034119380995

Hindsight being 20/20, Pace should have NEVER given out that Quinn contract and restructured guys in 2019 since we knew we weren't real competitors at that point. Keeping Hicks and Fuller keeps this defense too good to fall to a top 10-15 pick.

It looks like Pace is trying to do a "competitive tank" (oxymoron, I know) like what the Chargers and Bengals did; scoring 25+ ppg while losing 10+ games in shootouts.

Doing this (hypothetically) leaves you with:

-A young core on the offensive line (Minus Leno who is prob gone next year)
    -Monty at RB
    -Arob,WR pick, Mooney, and Kmet as your targets

-Nichols, Goldman, JJ, Roquan, CB Draft Pick, EJax

-A top 10-15 pick

-75+ million in cap space (before obvious cuts like Leno and Quinn)

-A reloaded FA market full of talented guys fresh off 1 year deals

It's only fair to give players like Fuller and Hicks a chance to make a playoff run with a contender while they are playing at a high level. I just wish they weren't let go so unceremoniously. After agreeing to part ways, they should have put out a statement the way the Lions did for Stafford.

Note: this is a defense of Pace; I'm still pissed at how he did this and his REFUSAL to talk/give updates to the media. He should be fired on the spot if he trades up once in this draft.
    Last edited by flclfanman; 03-19-2021 at 09:27 AM.

I figured SEA was trading him and they didn't want to do it with us was cuz we didn't have someone to send back.

I think Pace's offseason boiled down to 2 paths:

Plan A: Package players who were going to be cap casualties anyway along with a billion picks for a Franchise QB

Plan B: Cut/sell off the players you were going to trade, draft a dev QB and "reboot" for a year and comeback in 2022 with better picks and more cap space (like the position JAX, LAC, and NYJ are in)

If Pace had kept his promise to draft a QB every year instead of just standing pat with Tyler Bray and journeymen, this might have played out differently.

So all and all Pace is staying

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    After sleeping on it, I'm not as pissed off as I was when the Fuller news first broke. It looks like Pace is trying to a soft reboot of a build with a focus on building up the offense while shedding cap on the defense and leaning harder on our young defensive studs. This thread does a better job of explaining it:

https://twitter.com/Johnathan_Wood1/...31034119380995

Hindsight being 20/20, Pace should have NEVER given out that Quinn contract and restructured guys in 2019 since we knew we weren't real competitors at that point. Keeping Hicks and Fuller keeps this defense too good to fall to a top 10-15 pick.

It looks like Pace is trying to do a "competitive tank" (oxymoron, I know) like what the Chargers and Bengals did; scoring 25+ ppg while losing 10+ games in shootouts.

Doing this (hypothetically) leaves you with:

-A young core on the offensive line (Minus Leno who is prob gone next year)
    -Monty at RB
    -Arob,WR pick, Mooney, and Kmet as your targets

-Nichols, Goldman, JJ, Roquan, CB Draft Pick, EJax

-A top 10-15 pick

-75+ million in cap space (before obvious cuts like Leno and Quinn)

-A reloaded FA market full of talented guys fresh off 1 year deals

It's only fair to give players like Fuller and Hicks a chance to make a playoff run with a contender while they are playing at a high level. I just wish they weren't let go so unceremoniously. After agreeing to part ways, they should have put out a statement the way the Lions did for Stafford.

Note: this is a defense of Pace; I'm still pissed at how he did this and his REFUSAL to talk/give updates to the media. He should be fired on the spot if he trades up once in this draft.
    I think he's rebuilding without saying rebuild...or saying anything at all. It's possible they're freeing up money and okay with trades to stockpile picks to move up in this draft. I mean honestly, what does Pace have to lose at this point? Hicks and Fuller were most likely the players thrown into the trade, so I get how Fuller is expendable, and they're allowing Hicks to seek a trade if his feelings are hurt.