Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 231 of 291 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 4363
  1. #3451
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    13,404
    Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    The McCaskey's need to call an emergency board meeting and forbid Pace from trading any of these picks.

    The last thing we need is this guy trading away 2-3 years worth of capital to Hope to get a Lance or Fields.

    **** that.

    time to Pull the pin and blow this **** up.

    Tell Pace to draft for the O-line and WR/CB/TE and then get the **** out. Take the offensive guru with you.
    Let him trade away, then fire his *** before the draft.

  2. #3452
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22,771
    Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    The McCaskey's need to call an emergency board meeting and forbid Pace from trading any of these picks.

    The last thing we need is this guy trading away 2-3 years worth of capital to Hope to get a Lance or Fields.

    **** that.

    time to Pull the pin and blow this **** up.

    Draft for the line and WR/CB/TE and get the **** out. Take the offensive guru with you.
    I actually think since pace is probably safer than any of us want to admit, heíll trade back in the 1st and acquire more picks. Maybe even the 2nd and 3rd too. Fill some holes, and end up in the top 10. Then make a move for a QB in 2022.

  3. #3453
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    River Forest, Illinois
    Posts
    4,093
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Him signing it immediately kicks against the cap right? That would be incentive for him to sign it if he's looking to get dealt bc we have no space.

    Not sure if that's how the tag works financially.
    It already counts against the cap as a placeholder. If it didn't, teams would use the franchise tag as a loophole to get under the cap without signing the player

  4. #3454
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    River Forest, Illinois
    Posts
    4,093
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I have no issues with trading Hicks. It's better to get out early on aging players and it's not like he's been that healthy for the last couple years.

    It is a somewhat curious move though for a GM/HC that needs to win now. They sure seem like they have have no discernable direction here, aside from average, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I actually think since pace is probably safer than any of us want to admit, heíll trade back in the 1st and acquire more picks. Maybe even the 2nd and 3rd too. Fill some holes, and end up in the top 10. Then make a move for a QB in 2022.
    And then leave his Key at the front desk.


  5. #3455
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,848
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I have no issues with trading Hicks. It's better to get out early on aging players and it's not like he's been that healthy for the last couple years.

    It is a somewhat curious move though for a GM/HC that needs to win now. They sure seem like they have have no discernable direction here, aside from average, I guess.
    Exactly - This is the head scratching part... he is acting in this offseason as if he doesnít have a job to lose.. is he really on the hot seat?? There seems to be no sense of urgency on his part at all. Other than he supposedly tried to get Wilson, we havenít heard anything on Watson or he hasnít addressed any needs yet such as OL

  6. #3456
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,600
    And to think just two short years ago the talk was Super Bowl and 100 year anniversary. Now this. You just canít ever get hyped up about this franchise, the toilet lurks just around every corner.

  7. #3457
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    51,674

  8. #3458
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,465
    I mean....when you sign a player like Andy Dalton....Why would you need a defense?? Cut everyone on D even Mack!!! This franchise is and has been ****ed!!!!

  9. #3459
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I have no issues with trading Hicks. It's better to get out early on aging players and it's not like he's been that healthy for the last couple years.

    It is a somewhat curious move though for a GM/HC that needs to win now. They sure seem like they have have no discernable direction here, aside from average, I guess.
    Yeah I'm completely fine with them blowing it up just not sure why Pace/Nagy are the ones doing it.

  10. #3460
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,638
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I actually think since pace is probably safer than any of us want to admit, heíll trade back in the 1st and acquire more picks. Maybe even the 2nd and 3rd too. Fill some holes, and end up in the top 10. Then make a move for a QB in 2022.
    Wouldn't even dislike this route.

    Anyway, I've already said it, but I'm not Kyle Fuller's biggest fan anyway. A bit surprised to see him go before Jimmy Graham, but I'd bet we can get someone just as good as Fuller for about half we got on the savings. Gimme Brian Poole, Adoree Jackson, or Cameron Sutton on the cheap and I'm fine. We'll have to sign a guy and draft a guy early anyway imo.

  11. #3461
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    River Forest, Illinois
    Posts
    4,093
    I tried to give Pace the benefit of the doubt throughout his crazy tenure here; even after he whiffed BADLY with Mitch; the guy has an eye for talent. I shrugged at the Foles move. I scratched my head with the Dalton move. But cutting Fuller was the last straw.

    We are in this situation because you mismanaged the cap and gave Robert Quinn JJ Watt money with a bulletproof guarantee. And now reports come out you wanted Fuller; a still productive all-pro, the heart-and-soul of the secondary and bear lifer who his beloved by the defense, to take a paycut over a washed Jimmy Graham?

    Read the room doucehbag

    and now this has had a preditable domino effect; Hicks wants out, ARob probably wants out, EJax is pissed, and Desai is going to be thrilled you kneecapped his defense before he had a chance to do anything.

    This is the result of all of Pace's chickens coming home to roost.

    Thanks for the young talent, but it's time to go; you are either clueless or WAY over your head.

  12. #3462
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,848
    Robinson signed, now heíll probably demand a trade. Terrific.

  13. #3463
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    River Forest, Illinois
    Posts
    4,093
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Robinson signed, now heíll probably demand a trade. Terrific.
    Bring on Orlando Brown. Let's lock down LT while we are sinking on this ship.

  14. #3464
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,418
    Too much weird **** going on Arob has to be going somewhere. And fuller being cut befor hicks and Graham? Is pace that dumb or am I being a typical Chicago fan thinking itís a pre courser to a trade that will never happen


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #3465
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,848
    Quote Originally Posted by urlachermess View Post
    Too much weird **** going on Arob has to be going somewhere. And fuller being cut befor hicks and Graham? Is pace that dumb or am I being a typical Chicago fan thinking itís a pre courser to a trade that will never happen


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Precursor for Jake Peavy (the old Cubs forum days)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •