Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 223 of 297 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 4444
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I think there is an overreaction to the Dalton signing in here.

Being mad that we haven't fired Pace or Nagy is 100% justified.

Being mad at terrible management of our Bears for decades is 100% justified.

But overreacting about signing Dalton is a little premature. For starters, we can't force the Texans or Seahawks to trade with us. Teams are jumping on these cheap QB options like Jameis, Fitzpatrick, Taylor, Brissett. There aren't any franchise changers available in Free Agency. Bringing in Dalton for basically the going backup QB rate, on a 1 year deal, doesn't change anything in regards to our pursuit of a QB trade.

While many will argue this, Dalton is better and more reliable then Mitch and Foles, so at the very least, we aren't worse off. We might not be much better at QB, but we surely aren't worse. Dalton brings similar mobility, and probably smarter mobility then Trubisky. He brings a smarter game in general compared to Mitch. The dude has shown the ability to win in the NFL. He doesn't have the upside that Mitch could have had, but who actually thinks Mitch will ever reach his upside? His decent career numbers are kinda misleading. Mitch didn't know how to finish a game, and he wasn't smart enough to help us hold a lead often times. As for Foles? Foles stinks. He's a statue who is living off of his 1 lucky playoff run where he couldn't miss a target. He hasn't done jack **** since that Super Bowl run.

I hate our FO and Management just like the rest of you, trust me I really do. I just don't hate that they brought in a decent veteran, while still gauging the draft and trade market. If none of Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance, Jones are available at our pick, I doubt the Seahawks or Texans will have much interest in trading with us. If none of those guys are there, and we let all these decent QB's get signed, leaving us with Foles and scraps, that would have been a HUGE mistake.

Signing Dalton changes nothing in our pursuit for a future QB. He took a 1 year deal. He isn't the guy for us. He's an insurance policy in case no one wants to make a deal and everyone gets drafted ahead of our pick. Our fans built this fake deadline and scenario in their head, and now they are freaking out over a move that means nothing really.
    As I said above, signing Dalton is not really the issue. Its the ineptitude of the front office for years that led to Dalton being the chosen option of what amounts to very few options. The rumors of Wilson and possibility of Watson led some to dream when in reality you dont see franchise QBs of that caliber ever traded. Now its frustration, and rightfully so. We ended up with Dalton because the past failures of Pace led to it, and ownership gets just as much if not more of the blame for sticking with the guy.

Holmes on the score is doing a spin the wheel to let callers have a new team. It's fun haha

I don't think I could do it, but if I could switch I would pick the Colts. I like Wentz, their unis, their gm has a bears connection and wanted the bears to clean house(they refused ) and their stadium is great. Afc team allows me to root for the bears almost every game.

They're probably gonna be my team I hope wins this year (aside from the bears )

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 03-18-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Holmes is doing a spin the wheel to let callers have a new team.

I don't think I could do it, but if I could switch I would pick the Colts. I like Wentz, their unis, their gm has a bears connection and wanted the bears to clean house(they refused ) and their stadium is great. Afc team allows me to root for the bears almost every game.

And they're right next door so it's convenient

Holmes is doing a spin the wheel to let callers have a new team.

Sad to say but this is the first year I've considered it tbh. It's hard to cheer for a team that I fundamentally disagree with how it's run in basically every way. It's exhausting.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Sad to say but this is the first year I've considered it tbh. It's hard to cheer for a team that I fundamentally disagree with how it's run in basically every way. It's exhausting.
    Agreed. I can't turn off my bears Fandom but I can invest less in them and enjoy another team

Click here to register!

Agreed. I can't turn off my bears Fandom but I can invest less in them and enjoy another team

Well KC is pretty close to Chicago as well. We can all root for the guy weve dreamed Pace drafted instead of Mitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Well KC is pretty close to Chicago as well. We can all root for the guy weve dreamed Pace drafted instead of Mitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love kc but thats like a cheat code hahaha

Mahomes was my guy too, not because I'm a good evaluator of talent but because I loooooove gunslingers

Colts are so close and the Ballard connection is great !

Last edited by blams; 03-18-2021 at 02:17 PM.

Click here to register!

I love kc but thats like a cheat code hahaha

Mahomes was my guy too, not because I'm a good evaluator of talent but because I loooooove gunslingers

Colts are so close and the Ballard connection is great !

I'd probably have to go Jags. Interested to see how Urban does in the NFL since he's been dominant everywhere he's been. Always like seeing if college coaches can transition to NFL. Obviously there is the OSU connection, and Lawrence will likely be good-great the next 10+ years.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Oh and they have a boatload of picks this draft as well. The Jags are better set up for the future than the Bears are imo.

Mitch to the Bills per Schefter

Quote Originally Posted by Yeezy View Post
    Mitch to the Bills per Schefter
    Daboll would probably turn him into a stud.

Daboll turned in incredibly raw Allen into an MVP candidate

Great choice for mitch

Click here to register!

Great spot for Mitch and only a one year deal

Golladay met with Pace and Nagy last night?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...0421414895621?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeezy View Post
    Golladay met with Pace and Nagy last night?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...0421414895621?
    Allen Robinson entered the chat... wtf???