Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 219 of 296 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 4437

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I know its unconfirmed but the idea that they had a secret extension bothers me but in the end it should not matter. The fact is I felt this way prior to the off-season more so with nagy because if u have a new HC with time at least he has a chance to develop a QB. Now you have to find a proven guy or your screwed. I was at least willing to give Pace a chance to redeem himself. Mitch was a miss and Glennon a bust but in a bad offseason. But the fact is recently he has been quite bad.

Resigning Danny T seems like a mistske.
    Going with an old guy who does not fit the system in Quinn
    Paying Dalton
    Giving ifedi an extension
    Allen robinson contract issues

And honestly.... At this point his desperation for a QB almost scares me.

I also dont love the way he is handling this offseason. The truth is with as little cap as we had we needed to look for Value signings. We needed to be be the teams to let the dust settle and not rush out to pay dalton 10 or Ifedi 5. You need to look for guys who come in for low range deal and this offsesson 5 mil is like 10 for a team in our position. And its one thing if you want to make a splash right and go get a real upgrade. But these guys were not. And us feeling rushed to sign Dalton feels like a joke at how badly we view our QB. Its arguable right now the guy we just signed still leaves us with the worst starting QB in the division. And again if you wanted to swing I could accept the idea of Winston and hoping he can cut down on TO. But Dalton? Really.
    His desperation for a QB seems reasonable though. 90% of the forum wants him fired because he hasn't found a QB, his job is literally on the line. He's made some bad free agent moves, but he's made some good ones too, and some great choices in the draft outside the first. IF Watson and Wilton don't move, Dalton and Winston are probably the best two other options. We're not drafting high enough to get a great rookie prospect. If he did nothing, Chicago would crucify him. When he does go all out, Chicago crucifies him, lol. Fun being a GM in Chicago.

And yeah, Dalton's the worst QB in the division, but Winston probably would be too, and who knows if he wanted to leave a potential starting job with the Saints. Dalton could be a slightly more expensive upgrade from Foles while we continue to look when all is said and done.

A-Rob's extension probably had a lot to do with unsettled QB and unknown cap at the time. Lot of teams will be losing or franchising good players because of the cap reduction.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 03-17-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    His desperation for a QB seems reasonable though. 90% of the forum wants him fired because he hasn't found a QB, his job is literally on the line. He's made some bad free agent moves, but he's made some good ones too, and some great choices in the draft outside the first. IF Watson and Wilton don't move, Dalton and Winston are probably the best two other options. We're not drafting high enough to get a great rookie prospect. If he did nothing, Chicago would crucify him. When he does go all out, Chicago crucifies him, lol. Fun being a GM in Chicago.
    Dude he's had 6 years to get it right quit making excuses for him lol. Don't act like it's just this year.

Mitch went to the Pro Bowl 2 years ago, was a rookie the year before that. He should have been spending assets getting a QB then? Or the year after his Pro Bowl season. That's 3 years right there he had absolutely no reason to be trying to get a QB, dude. Teams won't trade their great QB for three first round picks and 2 pro bowlers, it's HARD to get a franchise QB unless you're lucky in the draft.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 03-17-2021 at 10:16 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il

And yeah, Dalton's the worst QB in the division, but Winston probably would be too, and who knows if he wanted to leave a potential starting job with the Saints. Dalton could be a slightly more expensive upgrade from Foles while we continue to look when all is said and done.

A-Rob's extension probably had a lot to do with unsettled QB and unknown cap at the time. Lot of teams will be losing or franchising good players because of the cap reduction.
    What i meant By his desperation scares me. I honestly could see him trading multiple First to move up for Lance. If he can land us a Franchise QB i don't care..... But I somehow doubt that will be happening now.

And i gotta admit man you going an awful hard on the defend pace train. I just think its frustrating at this point. And whats even more frustrating is ignoring the most recent blunders. And I think even you want to give pace credit there are clear issues in the inner workings of this team. Like for example who is calling the plays?

Mitch went to the Pro Bowl 2 years ago, was a rookie the year before that. He should have been spending assets getting a QB then? Or the year after his Pro Bowl season. That's 3 years right there he had absolutely no reason to be trying to get a QB, dude.
    The pro bowl is such a meaningless accomplishment its not worth mentioning. Yes he definitely should have continued to try upgrading at QB before, during, and after the pro bowl year. Having Daniel as the backup was laughable. You're plain wrong. Mitchell was never better than average. QB is not a position you stop trying to upgrade when all you're getting is average production. He failed with drafting Mitch and he's failed to add any legitimate competition since. If you look at that as a job well done you're the exact type of Bears fan that makes the McCaskey's feel comfortable to accept Pace's mediocrity. Oh not to mention mitch only went to the pro bowl as an alternate. That's like saying the bears went to the playoffs last year because they were a good team. No they limped in because everyone else was worse. Sorry but I don't accept Pace's list of QBs to be anything but laughable.

Since I brought it up..... Who is calling the plays? I think this whole thing is kinda ****ed for this reason. Everyone knows that one of the matt nagy staples in his offense is the RPO right. Looking at some... Lets call them success running the offense

Mahomes has run 158 in his first 46 gams. Thats about 3.5 per game
    Wentz.... Who at least had a few years of success under Penderson....had 119 over 68 games. Thats 1.75 per.
    We all know that Mitch struggled mightily with this to the point Nagy stoped trusting him. One of the reasons the offense didnt work. He has 51 in 51 games meaning 1 attempt per game.

So now we go out and sign who has only run 50 RPOs in his career of 144 games. Thats .34 per game.

So to me.... It sure feels like we are basically being forced to switch the entire offense around for Andy Dalton instead of getting a QB who can run your head coaches scheme like he wants. Like it feels like utter confusion for me. And personally I don't feel confident in what is going to happen. The team is going to be a mish mash of ideas. We have basically proven through Mitch that Nagy refuses to play to players strengths. So i just cant trust this.

Mitch went to the Pro Bowl as an alternate. Also if people aren't going to call out Pace for failing to recognize Mitch's failings early on when fantasy analysts did, then why is he GM of this franchise? It's inexplicable and ridiculous.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Mitch went to the Pro Bowl 2 years ago, was a rookie the year before that. He should have been spending assets getting a QB then? Or the year after his Pro Bowl season. That's 3 years right there he had absolutely no reason to be trying to get a QB, dude. Teams won't trade their great QB for three first round picks and 2 pro bowlers, it's HARD to get a franchise QB unless you're lucky in the draft.
    I remember stating this very clearly b4 the mack trade and I was one of the few who said it would never happen and was wrong (but in the end I was right)

You have to be 100% convinced that Mitch can be thr franchise's QB if you make a trade like that. This was going into that first season and we had not seen anything from mitch outside of his rok year where there were games with 5 attempts under john fox. At the time I was not sold. Hopeful maybe. But sold.... Absolutely not.

Hobestly if you want to think about it Paces conviction in getting Mack is one of the reasons he has been unable to try again. Unable to move on. When you trade 2 future years of picks for a defensive plauer you will bever have real assets to upgrade if it didnt work out.

You can sit here and say Nagy didn't develop him or not blame pace but Pace pulled the trigger b4 ever seeing Mitch play a down for Nagy. To me he kinda sunk himself in QB Hell that day.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    The pro bowl is such a meaningless accomplishment its not worth mentioning. Yes he definitely should have continued to try upgrading at QB before, during, and after the pro bowl year. Having Daniel as the backup was laughable. You're plain wrong. Mitchell was never better than average. QB is not a position you stop trying to upgrade when all you're getting is average production. He failed with drafting Mitch and he's failed to add any legitimate competition since. If you look at that as a job well done you're the exact type of Bears fan that makes the McCaskey's feel comfortable to accept Pace's mediocrity. Oh not to mention mitch only went to the pro bowl as an alternate. That's like saying the bears went to the playoffs last year because they were a good team. No they limped in because everyone else was worse. Sorry but I don't accept Pace's list of QBs to be anything but laughable.
    This

I'm just wondering how firing Pace will result in us getting a franchise QB. Are people expecting we fire Pace and the new GM will make a QB appear? It's not about Pace love, it's not understanding the Pace hate. You could point to just about any GM in the league and point out mistakes they've made in the last 7 years. I still think outside of QB, this team is better than it was when he got here.

People have been judging Pace by the Mitch blunder the whole time. I don't think you can judge a GM basically on missing on a QB pick. The trade for Mack made way more sense at the time, we looked like a legit contender. The trade up for Mitch did not work out, but I wouldn't blame a guy for trading up to get a QB you believe in, none of us really know why he picked Mitch over Watson or Mahomes. I'm sure he had more info on Trubisky than we did, even if he was wrong, he had conviction. If the new GM doesn't take risks, we'll never get that QB from him/her either. That risky move will probably get them fired if it doesn't work out too.

Also for all the Ryan Pace apologists out there. What about last year when everybody knew Trubisky wasn't the answer. What did this team do? We didn't try to trade up and draft Herbert. We passed on Jalen Hurts. We didn't sign Winston or Brady or Bridgewater or Cam. All we did was trade for Nick freaking Foles.

What on earth that Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy have ever done inspires anybody to think that they have any clue or deserve any excuse for our QB woes? I'll be waiting for an answer.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

People in here HATED the idea of getting Cam and Winston and they both played badly last year. Brady picked his team, and won a Super Bowl. Good choice. Hurts was just benched by his team, wasn't he? We didn't have a first last year, would have cost us at least two future firsts to get Herbert, probably more to get all the way up to 6. He's already been burned doing that. He probably would have been fired right after the trade.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 03-17-2021 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Also for all the Ryan Pace apologists out there. What about last year when everybody knew Trubisky wasn't the answer. What did this team do? We didn't try to trade up and draft Herbert. We passed on Jalen Hurts. We didn't sign Winston or Brady or Bridgewater or Cam. All we did was trade for Nick freaking Foles.

What on earth that Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy have ever done inspires anybody to think that they have any clue or deserve any excuse for our QB woes? I'll be waiting for an answer.
    What kills me is he said he would draft a qb every year. He did it once lol.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

People in here HATED the idea of getting Cam and Winston and they both played badly last year. Brady picked his team, and won a Super Bowl. Good choice. Hurts was just benched by his team, wasn't he? We didn't have a first last year, would have cost us at least two future firsts to get Herbert. He's already been burned doing that. He probably would have been fired right after the trade.
    All I hear is more and more excuses about how Ryan Pace failed at finding a QB. I don't know how you can gloss over that fact. Clearly Ryan Pace was willing to trade 3 first rounders, so I don't know why cost prohibition is an acceptable excuse last year but not this year. Oh also, I wonder why we didn't have a first rounder last year? Did Phil Emery trade it away?

Also Hurts is the starting QB for the Eagles. That benching was a joke.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller