Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 212 of 300 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 4492
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    This is Andy Dalton.. he is a sliver above Mitch. Pace better make something happen with Watson or trade up in the draft because Dalton is not going to save his job. Well, then again the Bears have the worst ownership in the league (maybe other than Washington, LOL) and will probably keep him around.
    I think Houston may have beaten Chicago and Washington out lol

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    This may very well be the most depressing tweet I ever read.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...11053547528206

SF got Trent Williams top OT on the market
    Cheifs got Joe Thuney the top guard on the market
    Bears Got a QB who was a non starter and an OL they got for minimum last year. This seems about even.
    Seems about bears

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

How the **** does Ifedi go from $1 mil in 2020 to $5 mil in 2021? Did his play dictate a big pay raise? Was he in huge demand and a must return for the teams future success? I mean seriously, what the hell is the thinking here?

Things happen with this franchise on a continuous basis that make zero sense.

I mean, Ifedi isn't a bad player, so I don't mind him coming back. Would rather address the line in the draft at this point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I mean, Ifedi isn't a bad player, so I don't mind him coming back. Would rather address the line in the draft at this point anyway.
    Bringing him back is not the issue. Doing it for 5 times what he was making in a down year for the cap is the problem. If another team offers him that much you pat him on the back and say goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Bringing him back is not the issue. Doing it for 5 times what he was making in a down year for the cap is the problem. If another team offers him that much you pat him on the back and say goodbye.
    Unfortunately, Ifedi played himself into a better contract. Last year Pace picked him up off the trash heap after he flamed out in Seattle and we got a former 1st round pick on a prove it deal. I think he's a solid Swing tackle; the price is a little high, but only stings because of the cap situation.

Ifedi's only 26 so it's not like we are overpaying a old washout.

The last swing tackle we let go before Ifedi (Cornelius Lucas) is now Washington's starting LT and has done very well there. Pace has an eye for talent outside of QB.

Pete Carroll; the conservative run first coach, didn't want to rebuild and opted to stay with his gunslinger mobile QB who wants to pass more.

Oh and SEA lost their best CB, Pass rusher, have added ZERO O-line support for Russ and has to go up against a souped up NFC west with the likes of Watt, Donald, Jones, and Bosa.

Yup, don't want to rebuild Pete....

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    This is the route I'd prefer at this point. It likely doesn't kill us long term like moving up for a QB would.

What's funny is if this QB situation stays and Nagy and Pace get fired after starting 0-4/1-5 and Lazor is named the Interim HC, watch the offense look decent (like it did in the in of the season stretch last year before Nagy retook play calling duties) and we win enough games to avoid a top 10 pick.

That'll be just:

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    Pete Carroll; the conservative run first coach, didn't want to rebuild and opted to stay with his gunslinger mobile QB who wants to pass more.

Oh and SEA lost their best CB, Pass rusher, have added ZERO O-line support for Russ and has to go up against a souped up NFC west with the likes of Watt, Donald, Jones, and Bosa.

Yup, don't want to rebuild Pete....
    To be fair to Carroll, the guy is going to be 70 years old. I wouldn't want to rebuild at this stage of my coaching career either.

But I agree on the way they've used Wilson. Really questionable/stupid and they're just wasting prime years of a top 5 QB.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    To be fair to Carroll, the guy is going to be 70 years old. I wouldn't want to rebuild at this stage of my coaching career either.

But I agree on the way they've used Wilson. Really questionable/stupid and they're just wasting prime years of a top 5 QB.
    Look at the variables I laid out for SEA. He may not want to rebuild, but he may not have a choice.

NEWSFLASH Pete: Your team isn't good enough and your QB will get pounded by that division.

And looking at their schedule, they (like us) could EASILY start the season 2-8 or 3-7.

Unlike them, we still have our draft pick to fall back on. They could actually surrender TWO top 10 picks due to that Foolish Jamal Adams trade.

Russ WILL NOT put up with this and the situation will get uglier. As a result, his trade value will plummet (maybe a silver lining for us?)

If Carroll thinks he has a shot to win with that team; where the only upside he has is a superstar QB that's he's intentionally reigned in, he's a bigger homer than a quarter of our fanbase.

Unfortunately, SEA plays in the NFC West, not the NFC LEast

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    It's 5 mil dude. It's bottom tier starting caliber player money, which is what Ifedi is. He can play RG and RT too, so at least he's versatile.

Look, we're all pissed at the situation we're in, but that doesn't mean literally everything is inexcusable. At this point, every move Pace makes that doesn't completely bury the team down the road is a win for me. Hopefully he stays this course.

Yea all the teams in that division improved but Seattle and Russ wants out who wants to sign there of substance? Hes gonna get worse than better for them