Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 148 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Lol
    What about that is so off base?

Some players can be better in the nfl than CFL actually imo- its an incredibly different play style

Although I'll admit QB is not likely to be one of those positions. Not with how wide and spaced out the cfl is.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 01-22-2021 at 12:21 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Work little we have to offer for Watson I'm surprised Roquan hasn't been mentioned as part of a package.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Work little we have to offer for Watson I'm surprised Roquan hasn't been mentioned as part of a package.
    Texans would most likely want him as well as picks

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Rumors swirling on Stafford. I still don't think its possible but God would I want him. Still cant. Blame him though. Going into his 4th different HC... At least 1 or 2 years away. Based on time to change the roster. and the lions have only been able to get him to a .500 winning percentage durring his time there by no fault of his own IMO.

I know everyone is on the Watson train. But if we traded 2 first round picks for stafford it would be an overpay but worth it IMO.

brb...buying knee guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Don't underestimate how tight a circle the NFL coaching carousel is. Friends hire friends.
    I'm not trying to say anything overly glowing here. Just making an observation. I'll admit it's not something I would expect to remember all that well, but I don't recall many guys from Trestman's, Fox's, or even Lovie's staffs getting hired elsewhere, save for Ron Rivera. We had good players during all of those guys' tenures as well.

To some extent, I think it must speak to the fact that guys around the NFL don't just see our personnel as a total joke. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I saw fans on twitter freaking out about the prospect of losing him in a Watson deal. I'll drive Roquan to the airport myself dadgammit.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I saw fans on twitter freaking out about the prospect of losing him in a Watson deal. I'll drive Roquan to the airport myself dadgammit.
    Yep. Iíll pay for gas. Sorry Quan

I think Watson is a pipe dream, especially when you look at what some other teams have to offer compared to the Bears. Then you add in the Trubisky over Watson in the draft, the Bears not even meeting with Watson, our less than impressive coaching staff, and Pace actually giving up huge assets when he could have just drafted the guy in 2017, I really think its the longest of long shots he ends up in Chicago.

My guess is he stays put in Houston, they somehow work it out. As far as the Bears are concerned for the 2021 season the prospects of getting a quality QB to start is unlikely. I would guess Foles is the starter and maybe they draft someone to groom.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    I think Watson is a pipe dream, especially when you look at what some other teams have to offer compared to the Bears. Then you add in the Trubisky over Watson in the draft, the Bears not even meeting with Watson, our less than impressive coaching staff, and Pace actually giving up huge assets when he could have just drafted the guy in 2017, I really think its the longest of long shots he ends up in Chicago.

My guess is he stays put in Houston, they somehow work it out. As far as the Bears are concerned for the 2021 season the prospects of getting a quality QB to start is unlikely. I would guess Foles is the starter and maybe they draft someone to groom.
    I bet they do also by hiring Beienemy as HC.

Then they might as well save time and ask Ted and George to fire them now.

No way does this team get anywhere near the playoffs next year with this schedule and roster.

Our line has played better but Foles is a statue and a journeyman for a reason. We'd be throwing the QB we're trying to groom out to the wolves because Nagy and Pace are coaching for their jobs. Then we'd have that QB learn another ANOTHER HC and ANOTHER OC to learn ANOTHER offense.

Whoever we draft/groom will be f*cked up before Nagy/Pace leave Halas Hall for good.

Itís a long shot for everyone, really.

But I really donít think pace picking the wrong guy 4 years ago is going to effect Watson present day...:unless he handles his career moves like a 16 year old girl. Iím sure heíll weigh out his options and go wherever he sees the best fit. If thatís the bears, do you think he wouldnít go here because of the bears passing on him? This is a grown man dealing with his career and future, not a teenager who just got rejected

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    Then they might as well save time and ask Ted and George to fire them now.

No way does this team get anywhere near the playoffs next year with this schedule and roster.

Our line has played better but Foles is a statue and a journeyman for a reason. We'd be throwing the QB we're trying to groom out to the wolves because Nagy and Pace are coaching for their jobs. Then we'd have that QB learn another ANOTHER HC and ANOTHER OC to learn ANOTHER offense.

Whoever we draft/groom will be f*cked up before Nagy/Pace leave Halas Hall for good.
    Let's not act like QBs don't have their own agency, or that the right HC/OC can't fix things. This year alone, you had Justin Herbert, a rookie QB, under a lame duck head coach who certainly isn't a QB guru have a rookie of the year season.

On the other hand, you have Jared Goff who was miserable under Jeff Fisher his rookie year, but has been at least adequate with McVay.

This idea that you have to have your QB hand picked and groomed by a fresh regime isn't really the case. The lesson here is that, over an extended period of time, a good QB will play well pretty much regardless of anything else. A bad one will play badly. Mitch sucking isn't any indication of how things will always go.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 01-22-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Itís a long shot for everyone, really.

But I really donít think pace picking the wrong guy 4 years ago is going to effect Watson present day...:unless he handles his career moves like a 16 year old girl. Iím sure heíll weigh out his options and go wherever he sees the best fit. If thatís the bears, do you think he wouldnít go here because of the bears passing on him? This is a grown man dealing with his career and future, not a teenager who just got rejected
    I love when people make that "he won't come to the bears because they passed on him" argument. Ignoring the fact that most of the teams in the mix to get him (9ers, Jets, Jags, Saints, Panthers,etc.) PASSED ON HIM TOO :Laugh2:

I guess Deshaun has an axe to grind with half the league

I hope we have a decent shot at getting him, but I hope are incompetent coaching and management doesn't scare him off. He probably looks at Mitch and thinks "my coach did that to that guy?"

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Let's not act like QBs don't have their own agency, or that the right HC/OC can't fix things. This year alone, you had Justin Herbert, a rookie QB, under a lame duck head coach who certainly isn't a QB guru have a rookie of the year season.

On the other hand, you have Jared Goff who was miserable under Jeff Fisher his rookie year, but has been at least adequate with McVay.

This idea that you have to have your QB hand picked and groomed by a fresh regime isn't really the case. The lesson here is that, over an extended period of time, a good QB will play well pretty much regardless of anything else. A bad one will play badly. Mitch sucking isn't any indication of how things will always go.
    Oh I agree with that. It's not that a QB can't be groomed or used more efficiently by future coaching staffs (I hope this happens to Mitch and he goes to a place like SF or NO and get properly coached up) it's that I don't trust this organization to do that simply because they never have.

Name one QB that was groomed or fixed by Bears coaching management. We have an infamous track record for drafting and missing on QBs and missing, that we've resorted to signed retreads hoping they will find a spark here (Kordell Stewart, Mark Sanchez, Henry, Jason Campbell, Burris, etc.)