Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 162 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I know most people aren't in love with him, but we should target Mack Jones in the 2nd round.

Everyone thinks that you need a fast QB in this day and age, but when those QB's lose their legs, which will probably happen in their low 30's, they won't be nearly as effective. Jones is your prototypical Pro Style QB. The type of guy that could be good well into his 40's. He also won't cost us draft capital, and if he projects into round 2, we can use our 1st round pick on another big need.
    I don't care if the guy can't run. My worry with Jones is that it's so hard to evaluate a guy when he's surrounded by elite talent at all levels. His evaluation begins behind the scene... hard for a fan like me on the outside to get excited about him.

I like trask over Jones

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I like trask over Jones
    There interchangeable to me. Trask has the stronger arm but Jones is the smarter and more accurate QB. Trask has two years experience .v. 1 and change for Jones. I could live with either guy.
    Screw sabermetics.

I like trask over Jones

Ewwwww

If pace is going to go all out for a QB, might as well should try and trade up for fields or Wilson!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2021 Bears Off Season thread

Anyone a fan of Jamie Newman? The more that I read on him the more that I like him, even though he is a project that needs to sit behind a vet QB. He looks athletic enough to make plays though I would take a chance on him in later rounds if he is still there.

Last edited by bears88; 01-18-2021 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I know most people aren't in love with him, but we should target Mack Jones in the 2nd round.

Everyone thinks that you need a fast QB in this day and age, but when those QB's lose their legs, which will probably happen in their low 30's, they won't be nearly as effective. Jones is your prototypical Pro Style QB. The type of guy that could be good well into his 40's. He also won't cost us draft capital, and if he projects into round 2, we can use our 1st round pick on another big need.
    Who is Mack Jones?

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    Anyone a fan of Jamie Newman? The more that I read on him the more that I like him, even though he is a project that needs to sit behind a vet QB. He looks athletic enough to make plays though I would take a chance on him in later rounds if he is still there.

He definitely made a mistake not playing this year. He's mobile, has a big arm, and a great frame. He definitely has had some accuracy issues though. His floor could be Logan Thomas but more than likely he'll be a backup fringe starter like Jacoby Brissett.

Daboll returning to Bills next year. Savvy move on his part. The Texans and Eagles are nightmare jobs right now. Hopefully we can get him next year after Nagy falls on his face.

Waste money? The bears hung with the packers for 3.5 quarters and hung with the Saints as well. Mitch and Foles are backup level QBs. Carr or Ryan would be gigantic upgrades
    Right - and to have Matt Ryanís salary, plus keep ARob, this team wouldnít be able to do things like improve the OL. In fact, they would probably have to get worse by cutting some guys - like Hicks or Fuller - to make the $$ work. On top of that, CHI would have to give-up multiple high draft picks to get the player in a trade. So they canít infuse young, cheap talent into the roster to help now or down the road.

Is CHI really a SB team with no Hicks and Fuller, but adding Ryan? I donít think so. I think they are at best a one-and-done playoff team out of the WC spot because GB is clearly a better team. Isnít that exactly what everyone is complaining about right now? This isnít as simple as Ryan in, Trubisky out.

And donít tell me that CHI can just restructure like 6 guys to make the $$ work. The odds that they can do that is not great, plus it pushes financial obligations down the road - they donít just disappear. At some point, CHI has to get a franchise guy and deal with whatever that move takes (trading assets, $$, etc). I just donít believe Ryan, Stafford or Carr are those types of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Right - and to have Matt Ryanís salary, plus keep ARob, this team wouldnít be able to do things like improve the OL. In fact, they would probably have to get worse by cutting some guys - like Hicks or Fuller - to make the $$ work. On top of that, CHI would have to give-up multiple high draft picks to get the player in a trade. So they canít infuse young, cheap talent into the roster to help now or down the road.

Is CHI really a SB team with no Hicks and Fuller, but adding Ryan? I donít think so. I think they are at best a one-and-done playoff team out of the WC spot because GB is clearly a better team. Isnít that exactly what everyone is complaining about right now? This isnít as simple as Ryan in, Trubisky out.

And donít tell me that CHI can just restructure like 6 guys to make the $$ work. The odds that they can do that is not great, plus it pushes financial obligations down the road - they donít just disappear. At some point, CHI has to get a franchise guy and deal with whatever that move takes (trading assets, $$, etc). I just donít believe Ryan, Stafford or Carr are those types of guys.

Iím no cap expert by any means, but from what I heard, there are avenues they could take to create room. The bears will have to make a lot of decisions. Do they tag Robinson? Tag and trade? Let walk for nothing?

Cut/trade/restructure hicks ?

Thereís no way they lose fuller.

At the end of the day, the bears could create enough cap room to take on someone like Carr or Ryan. Like I said before, I donít really see the alternative option here. Pace/Nags donít have the time to draft and develop (Lol at Nagy developing anyone) a QB. Rookie QBs generally donít win Super Bowls. You would have to assume it would take 2-3 seasons before that were to happen. They donít have that kind of time and they canít afford to miss (again) on a rookie QB.

The most realistic option is to trade for a vet, restructure some guys, and fine tune the roster to make a push next season. Unless they run it back with Mitch or Foles but again, I donít see why they would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Who is Mack Jones?
    Mac* Grammar Fuhrer!

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I don't care if the guy can't run. My worry with Jones is that it's so hard to evaluate a guy when he's surrounded by elite talent at all levels. His evaluation begins behind the scene... hard for a fan like me on the outside to get excited about him.
    I liked his game. I know the talent is elite, but you could say the same about Joe Burrow. He just looked like a real QB to me. Pocket Presence, the way he stepped into the pocket and made big accurate throws down field consistently. He was elite in the screen game, constantly getting the ball out quick and in rhythm for the WR's to catch and run.

You can take Mac Jones, sign Fitzpatrick to start for a year, maybe 2 if he had success, and let Jones grow without the pressure of the unrealistic expectations our fans like to give QB's. Franchise or resign Arob, draft best Available in the 1st.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Foles is not proven. Nagy does suck, but at the same time Foles and Mitch are backups. I think itís reasonable to assume the offense would look better with an actual starting caliber/above average QB and an addition or two on the OL.
    Foles had success in an identical system? Got a 20 mil deal off of it. I dont understand why people undermine foles. he sucked because the OL and the system sucked. He argued with nagy openly about play calling. I dont get it.

Iím no cap expert by any means, but from what I heard, there are avenues they could take to create room. The bears will have to make a lot of decisions. Do they tag Robinson? Tag and trade? Let walk for nothing?

Cut/trade/restructure hicks ?

Thereís no way they lose fuller.

At the end of the day, the bears could create enough cap room to take on someone like Carr or Ryan. Like I said before, I donít really see the alternative option here. Pace/Nags donít have the time to draft and develop (Lol at Nagy developing anyone) a QB. Rookie QBs generally donít win Super Bowls. You would have to assume it would take 2-3 seasons before that were to happen. They donít have that kind of time and they canít afford to miss (again) on a rookie QB.

The most realistic option is to trade for a vet, restructure some guys, and fine tune the roster to make a push next season. Unless they run it back with Mitch or Foles but again, I donít see why they would do that.
    Bingo. Only other option they have is to pull a MIA and sign Fitz while aggressively moving up for a QB. That way you win enough games on the back of the defense to make the playoffs at 8-8 or 9-8 again then dangle the rookie QB as a reason to keep you around. Itís the tried and true failing GM formula.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller