Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 163 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Easily the best job available. Good for him.
    Agreed. Franchise QB decent offensive talent and a strong defensive core. I'm still not completely sure Lynn should have been fired but that team is a playoff team next year with a few good moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Well if we canít get a QB and Nagy gets canned, good for us lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be nice wouldn't it. Give him another year as an OC with the Bills and we scoop him up with a new GM.

Joe Brady will be up for a job too next year

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    No they did not. Their WR caught the ball. Different play, d'uh.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    While we run it back with Foles and Winston.
    I mean, why waste $$ and picks on Ryan, Stafford, Carr when they canít get CHI to the highest level anyways? Between them they have one SB appearance between them. If you canít get Watson, go the cheap route, save your picks, try and get some pieces in place and get your guy next year. That could be Winston, Fitz or Dalton. All of those guys are probably

If CHI wants to go all in I think they only have two options - Watson or Dak. Not sure Dak can get a team to the highest level, but Watson can. They could go a high pick, which would be cheaper, but brings no certainty of performance, either.

You have to stay away from Rivers & Newton - they are toast. You could go Beathard or Mullens, but they arenít better than Mitch - just a new guy to hate.

Finding a new QB - let alone an elite one - is the hardest thing in all of sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I mean, why waste $$ and picks on Ryan, Stafford, Carr when they canít get CHI to the highest level anyways? Between them they have one SB appearance between them. If you canít get Watson, go the cheap route, save your picks, try and get some pieces in place and get your guy next year. That could be Winston, Fitz or Dalton. All of those guys are probably

If CHI wants to go all in I think they only have two options - Watson or Dak. Not sure Dak can get a team to the highest level, but Watson can. They could go a high pick, which would be cheaper, but brings no certainty of performance, either.

You have to stay away from Rivers & Newton - they are toast. You could go Beathard or Mullens, but they arenít better than Mitch - just a new guy to hate.

Finding a new QB - let alone an elite one - is the hardest thing in all of sports.

Waste money? The bears hung with the packers for 3.5 quarters and hung with the Saints as well. Mitch and Foles are backup level QBs. Carr or Ryan would be gigantic upgrades

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    i still think its only in theory that the offense would get better with X QB. I thought people would realize that when Foles Failed because he had a proven track record as well.

I still think Nagy is the problem. I think coaching is our problem. I mean we all saw the saints last night run the same play we did right. Nobody is going to sit here and say Winston is significantly better than mitch (I hope) But there was a major diference in even how open the receiver was on that same exact play.

I think if you put Carr in the same thing happens. but maybe im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    i still think its only in theory that the offense would get better with X QB. I thought people would realize that when Foles Failed because he had a proven track record as well.

I still think Nagy is the problem. I think coaching is our problem. I mean we all saw the saints last night run the same play we did right. Nobody is going to sit here and say Winston is significantly better than mitch (I hope) But there was a major diference in even how open the receiver was on that same exact play.

I think if you put Carr in the same thing happens. but maybe im wrong.
    That's the thing. Foles doesn't really have a proven track record.

He had an outlier season with Kelly, and a fluky run to a super bowl win.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    That's the thing. Foles doesn't really have a proven track record.

He had an outlier season with Kelly, and a fluky run to a super bowl win.

The point is foles was worse than expected. I expect the same for Carr or Ryan.

Carr is IMO safer IMO because he has some mobility. But Ryan I honestly could see the exact same thing as foles if you cant upgrade the OL.

Carr is IMO safer IMO because he has some mobility. But Ryan I honestly could see the exact same thing as foles if you cant upgrade the OL.
    Yup. I think that's the biggest thing that has been overlooked from last year. Nagy and Pace have duped folks into scapegoating Mitch again when his system clearly failed to create anything with the QB he asked for and brought in.

He's not a good offensive HC so I have very low hopes for anybody we bring in. Rookie or vet.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

The interior oline is nearly set now. You may want to upgrade mustipher and have bars/mustipher as depth, but daniels is good, Whitehair is very good at lg, and Leno showed with the interior settle he was good enough as the LT.

Yes, Nagy deserves a lot of criticism now and he did hand pick foles but that doesn't change the fact we know foles is bad and mitch is bad.

I think a vet can cover a lot of Nagy's faults.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Foles is not proven. Nagy does suck, but at the same time Foles and Mitch are backups. I think itís reasonable to assume the offense would look better with an actual starting caliber/above average QB and an addition or two on the OL.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Foles is not proven. Nagy does suck, but at the same time Foles and Mitch are backups. I think itís reasonable to assume the offense would look better with an actual starting caliber/above average QB and an addition or two on the OL.
    If that's the case then why did Pace/Nagy bring in Foles? Either Foles is good enough to run this offense but Nagy can't get it together, or Foles isn't good enough to run this offense and Nagy doesn't know how to find the QB he needs. It's this chicken and the egg argument that only breaks if you acknowledge that Nagy is not a good offensive HC and needs to be gone.

What we're basically hoping for is a QB that is good enough to win on his own, regardless of what idiot is running the offense. Russel Wilson in Seattle says that's impossible.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

I know most people aren't in love with him, but we should target Mack Jones in the 2nd round.

Everyone thinks that you need a fast QB in this day and age, but when those QB's lose their legs, which will probably happen in their low 30's, they won't be nearly as effective. Jones is your prototypical Pro Style QB. The type of guy that could be good well into his 40's. He also won't cost us draft capital, and if he projects into round 2, we can use our 1st round pick on another big need.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    If that's the case then why did Pace/Nagy bring in Foles? Either Foles is good enough to run this offense but Nagy can't get it together, or Foles isn't good enough to run this offense and Nagy doesn't know how to find the QB he needs. It's this chicken and the egg argument that only breaks if you acknowledge that Nagy is not a good offensive HC and needs to be gone.

What we're basically hoping for is a QB that is good enough to win on his own, regardless of what idiot is running the offense. Russel Wilson in Seattle says that's impossible.
    Why did they bring Foles in? Lol...because theyíre ****ing dumb. Dude, youíre talking to Nagys biggest critic going back to last season. I know he sucks....but heís the coach in 2021, unfortunately. I just think itís reasonable to assume a team led by Carr or Ryan (with upgrades on the OL) is going to perform better than a team led by Foles or Mitch. Will Nagy maximize the talent? Of course not. Will he magically become a good OC? No. But the offense would be better, and the bears would be a fairly legitimate contender next year. Especially if the D could get some of their mustard back.

The other alternatives? Trade up for a rookie and trust pace and Nagy? Barf. Also not realistic because theyíre in win now mode.

Do nothing and repeat the same stupidity with Foles/Mitch starting. Also not realistic because pace/Nagy have to win next year.

Like it or not, Nagy is going to be here next season and theyíre likely going all in. Iím hoping for Watson, but Ryan/Carr wouldnít be a bad fall back option.