Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Kyrie being Kyrie

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...ng-669261.html

Look I won't sit here and knock him for sitting out because we don't know what this personal issue is...and if we are being honest a personal issue isn't for the media to disclose or the fans to know about.

However...

This is not the first time Kyrie has ditched a team. He's done it to the Nets already last season when he would have played the Celtics for the first time since the trade. He's also taken games off while with those same Celtics like this.

This isn't a surprise, and anyone saying otherwise is nothing more than a surprised Pikachu face. We knew this going in. We knew he was this type of player going in. He does not have a strong mentality with a lot of things. I will go as far as to say he is soft. Again, we knew this. So I cannot get on my high horse about missing a game because of unknown issues. If the Post is correct, (and I take that with a grain of salt) this could very well be because of what happened in Washington. I have no clue as to why he would sit out because of it. But again, it isn't a surprise. However, I also do not trust the Post as far as I can throw them. So there is that to at least consider. We already know Kyrie has issues with the National Media. But a fear, a real fear Nets players had when the trade happened was how he could possible handle the NY Media. A city that is already concisely against the Nets, as it is a Knicks town. Even on a good day, there will be articles that make fun of him...and KD. I would love to sit here and say he needs to get over it, he needs to have a thicker skin, he needs to stop letting everything bother him. But I know people like this. They can't. They tend to worry about anything and everything...and when there is nothing more to worry about, they make stuff up to worry about.

I don't know the guy from a hole in the wall. All I know is that we all knew this was going to happen from time to time and still will happen from time to time. The "Next Man Up" mentality the Nets have right now is essential more than ever.

LaVert has really stepped up, and showing why every team wants to trade for him.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 01-08-2021 at 11:23 AM.

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...id-669984.html

At this point it is not so much he was seen partying (keep in mind that is misleading as it was a family party for his sister and father). But more to the point that this would mean he misses his 4th consecutive game for personal issues, (I swear if it is for these family parties the NY media will blitz him), but the fact that he would have violated NBA protocol, be fined and have to quarantine. So now we are talking missing even more games.

It is not looking good, and the NY media is just going to be hounding this all season. The Nets are in a bind, as the team is saying all the right things, but this type of behavior needs to be squashed. By doing so you also risk putting a wedge in front of KD as well.

To be fair, as of 2 hrs ago the NBA has started this investigation. So expect a fine soon. That being said, the silence form the Nets is now detrimental to the team. It's too late to get ahead of it, but they need to address it NOW.

They need to unload Kyrie that's what they need to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    They need to unload Kyrie that's what they need to do
    I agree with this now. Plus unloading him could possibly net a couple of picks back they lost in the harden deal.