Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    All you gotta do is make the dance.

I'm fully expecting KC to drop 70 and end us, and I'd still be happy at our season. Once we address this defense the sky is the limit.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    500 passing yards, 4 TDs & 4 INTS, bonkers.
    In some ways he had to throw it a bunch going down big fast.

Shoulda played to win last week. Tomlin has always sat starters week 17 even with things like the two seed on the line and needing help. Thatís the thing that pisses me off more than anything because we lose the playoff game right after doing that every ****ing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    so let me make sure i understand this...............

in their first playoff games this year

brady gets the skins

mahomes gets to go against a horrid defense

rodgers gets to go against the best defense

welp... gonna have to be godgers is all
    Bucs defense is overrated. Best RB in the league gonna go ham.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Also on the talk of being in purgatory...we have a top 5 GM so Iím not all that concerned.

Upgrade the line coach and OC. Tomlin needs to check his ego and admit his weakness as a coach pertaining to his numbers assessment in games and get some help there with an assistant.

He is a good motivator, but his team needs to stop coming out flat late in the season and in playoff games lately. That's on him as well.

I think healing the cap for a year by getting rid of Ben is the course to go. Might sneak into the playoffs if the line play improves with a cheap savy qb pick up.

I think Steelers can get by not resigning Juju, Conner, AV and Bud. Juju should of kept his mouth shut during the week to boot.

Bucs defense is overrated. Best RB in the league gonna go ham.

I think beating a team 3 times in a year is a tough task. I'm 50-50 on that game, considering the Bucs have Brady and the saints have found ways to choke in the playoffs quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    All you gotta do is make the dance.

I'm fully expecting KC to drop 70 and end us, and I'd still be happy at our season. Once we address this defense the sky is the limit.
    Address the D. But if Baker hampers your cap (in the future) it might be hard to surround him with the help he needs. He is too reliant on the play-calling and run game and line protection.

I think Baker is like Goff, he'll get the big contract and you are stuck with average qb play.

Congrats on the win. Y'all deserve it. Steelers lost to a team with no HC no oline coach, some backups starting on y'all oline. And a team hampered by covid issues. Shakes my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I think beating a team 3 times in a year is a tough task. I'm 50-50 on that game, considering the Bucs have Brady and the saints have found ways to choke in the playoffs quite a bit.
    **** forgot itís the Saints their facing.

Jones still gonna run ham next week.

In some ways he had to throw it a bunch going down big fast.

Shoulda played to win last week. Tomlin has always sat starters week 17 even with things like the two seed on the line and needing help. Thatís the thing that pisses me off more than anything because we lose the playoff game right after doing that every ****ing time.

I 100% agree.

https://streamable.com/vfsz9r

Ya hate to see it!

Address the D. But if Baker hampers your cap (in the future) it might be hard to surround him with the help he needs. He is too reliant on the play-calling and run game and line protection.

I think Baker is like Goff, he'll get the big contract and you are stuck with average qb play.

Congrats on the win. Y'all deserve it. Steelers lost to a team with no HC no oline coach, some backups starting on y'all oline. And a team hampered by covid issues. Shakes my head.
    I think Baker is better than Goff and has shown the ability to go spread/5-wide and pick apart defenses.

He has grown tremendously this year and I think it'll take people awhile to realize it.

I think Baker is better than Goff and has shown the ability to go spread/5-wide and pick apart defenses.

He has grown tremendously this year and I think it'll take people awhile to realize it.
    I think people are good with that but better doesn't mean he's great. He's still another year away from the step he needs to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I think people are good with that but better doesn't mean he's great. He's still another year away from the step he needs to make.
    No one said he's great. He is certainly a good NFL QB who has taken some massive steps. If anyone think he's an average QB then they really haven't been watching him.

I don't expect him to ever be an elite top 5 QB (though he has played like one for half the season now), but I think a top 10ish QB is something to keep an eye on.

Our defense is young - we were missing big parts of our secondary before the season started (Greedy, Delpit, KJ). We have a ton of cap space and a ton of draft picks. Even if we pay Baker 25-30, the flexibility and cap space is still there.

No one said he's great. He is certainly a good NFL QB who has taken some massive steps. If anyone think he's an average QB then they really haven't been watching him.

I don't expect him to ever be an elite top 5 QB (though he has played like one for half the season now), but I think a top 10ish QB is something to keep an eye on.

Our defense is young - we were missing big parts of our secondary before the season started (Greedy, Delpit, KJ). We have a ton of cap space and a ton of draft picks. Even if we pay Baker 25-30, the flexibility and cap space is still there.
    Average = Teens. NFL is pretty deep at the position, so we will see. I have to admit, I haven't watched as many Brown games in 2020 as I wish I could of. Hitting the top ten will be a feat for him IMO, but attainable.

The problem is that good QB's get paid like top QB's and unless the QB is elite, it becomes almost impossible to put a good enough team around the QB year in and year out to have that team contending.

All that being said, I expect a huge year from Baker next year. The fact that he performed this well this year with a new coaching staff, no OTA's, and no training camp leads me to believe that he should take another big step next year.

Average = Teens. NFL is pretty deep at the position, so we will see. I have to admit, I haven't watched as many Brown games in 2020 as I wish I could of. Hitting the top ten will be a feat for him IMO, but attainable.
    It's pretty remarkable how much better he has gotten. I don't say it just because I'm a fan - Jake Burns of the OBR (Orange and Brown Report) analyzes/picks apart every single Baker throw every single week. I have essentially watched every Baker throw twice over this year, and he has gotten sooooo much better at reading defenses both pre and post snap.

Initially he struggled heavily against zone and disguised coverages but has gotten pretty good throughout the season. Not just against bad defenses either, but against good ones. Stefanski and Alex Van Pelt get a ton of credit deservedly so, and it has helped Baker progress. Having He had 3 coaches in just 2 years (Hue, Gregg, Freddie lol) so it doesn't surprise me that it has taken a bit of time for him to actually develop.

Give him a full offseason in this offense and if the defense can become mediocre and not a bottom feeder, we're likely in the playoffs again next year.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast