Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Who is and isn't showing up?

Who has started the season strong for you're team? Who hasn't? What has surprised you?

On the Knicks Julius Randle is averaging 20, 10, and 7. Couldn't ask for more. He still gets out of control at times and there is a thin line between the aggressiveness that gets him to the hole and him being in control enough to read the floor and make the right pass. he is really trying and seeing himself as a creator and not just a scorer though. As a guy that saw Randle best suited as a low IQ bench scorer, his play is inspiring.

Immanual Qucikley is the other story in NY. He has only played two games but was very impressive in both and great in the preseason. He is a PG. His instincts are really good, the team is much faster with him on the floor, he can shoot lights out, has some nifty floaters and draws a crazy amount of fouls. He might draw too many fouls. I see refs cracking down on his tricks. Only downsides I see so far is that for a knockdown shooter he seems to pass on some shots. I wonder if he will have troubleshooting with D. He has hit some step-backs but i gotta find something wrong. This kid is an NBA player. no doubt.

On the downside Obi has only played one game. His defense has looked better then advertised (it was advertised as terrible) and his passing is impressive. He has a reasonable foundation to build on as a player but thus far looks like he doesn't have the handle to be a wing and the jumper is questionable. I still like him he is definitely in for an adjustment though (he played like a traditional big in college).

Barrett has been up and down. His finishing is much better but he missed 21 consectitive 3s before going off last night against the Pacers. I am really not sure what Barrett is. opinions are all over the place with Knick fans.

I think those are the guy on NY worth talking about on the big board. Alec Burks has also been great and is widely considered this years Morris who will be flipped. Mitch has been OK. Thibs is in his hoonymoon period.

What are the early season stories on your teams
    Last edited by ewing; 01-03-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Tobi rebounding form is the big story here. Showing his fit as the half court guy for the Sixers. Best case is his trade value rises the better he plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Tobi rebounding form is the big story here. Showing his fit as the half court guy for the Sixers. Best case is his trade value rises the better he plays.

Harris is a poor man's Melo. He can score. It was a tough spot for him last year. What do you think they would be looking for if they traded him?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Harris is a poor man's Melo. He can score. It was a tough spot for him last year. What do you think they would be looking for if they traded him?
    Depends how long this lasts and what it looks like. Right now heís sliding in as a perfect 4 with Embiid. Maybe a team that knows it struggles to sign FAs thatís looking for a small-4 to play quick with the ball would be willing to do something salary match wise that we give up an asset to get earlier cap relief.

Depends how long this lasts and what it looks like. Right now heís sliding in as a perfect 4 with Embiid. Maybe a team that knows it struggles to sign FAs thatís looking for a small-4 to play quick with the ball would be willing to do something salary match wise that we give up an asset to get earlier cap relief.

He makes soooo much money it is a weird spot. I donít like the idea of the Sixers making deals that make them worse short term during Joelís window. I think dealing Harris would do that but I understand wanting to get out from under his deal if you could spend it better elsewhere

If Randle wasnít playing so well and Toppin came out looking like an all star I could see Sixers/Knicks talks

Last edited by ewing; 01-03-2021 at 02:55 PM.

He makes soooo much money it is a weird spot. I donít like the idea of the Sixers making deals that make them worse short term during Joelís window. I think dealing Harris would do that but I understand wanting to get out from under his deal if you could spend it better elsewhere

If Randle wasnít playing so well and Toppin came out looking like an all star I could see Sixers/Knicks talks

He does, but like I said a team that struggles to get FA's might be thinking about something. Like maybe Utah ends up valuing the years of Harris and does Connley for Harris and a 1. Maybe Chicago will do Harris and Thybulle for Porter. Possibly the Spurs for DeRozen.

Was shocked at his stat line, is he playing like a younger version of Blake Griffin, minus the posters?

IDK why I felt this too.
    Last edited by Chronz; 01-03-2021 at 05:18 PM.

He does, but like I said a team that struggles to get FA's might be thinking about something. Like maybe Utah ends up valuing the years of Harris and does Connley for Harris and a 1. Maybe Chicago will do Harris and Thybulle for Porter. Possibly the Spurs for DeRozen.
    Is it really still possible to clear out cap space when you got 2 max stars? A slight teardown might be better than trading either star I guess.

I really like the idea of Denver trading for him. They'd get a legitimate 3rd option. A deal involving Harris and Barton.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Is it really still possible to clear out cap space when you got 2 max stars? A slight teardown might be better than trading either star I guess.
    It wouldn't be a slight tear down. Would then have $85mil in guaranteed contracts.

2021-22 Salary cap is projected at $115mil right now. That could give them Simmons-Embiid, and $30million to spend with Maxey, Thybulle, Curry, Milton under contract too. Add in any possible exemptions and this team could be even better.

Schroder is even better than I thought. Bron and AD aren't looking too hot but I'm assuming they're coasting

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    Schroder is even better than I thought. Bron and AD aren't looking too hot but I'm assuming they're coasting
    Always liked Schroeder. For some reason he seemed to get a bad rap in Atlanta

Wow just looked him up. Schroederís early numbers are great

Last edited by ewing; 01-03-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Always liked Schroeder. For some reason he seemed to get a bad rap in Atlanta

Wow just looked him up. Schroederís early numbers are great

Heís been our most consistent player thus far. Have loved him Trez and Wes thus far.

Marc has looked sluggish but heís shown flashes. Like I said before, weíll only really need Marc for Embiid and Jokic .

Itís gonna take a bit to click especially with bron and AD coasting due to the short offseason but we should be ready when the time comes. Barring injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    Heís been our most consistent player thus far. Have loved him Trez and Wes thus far.

Marc has looked sluggish but heís shown flashes. Like I said before, weíll only really need Marc for Embiid and Jokic .

Itís gonna take a bit to click especially with bron and AD coasting due to the short offseason but we should be ready when the time comes. Barring injuries.
    What is the Lakers finishing 5 right now? Do you think it will change?

What is the Lakers finishing 5 right now? Do you think it will change?

Schroder KCP Lebron AD and Marc

and yea I think itll change to AD sliding to C.

Schroder KCP Bron Kieff AD

Shroder KCP Matthews Bron AD

I Prefer the latter.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast