Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Pretty sure the Steelers have no way to squeeze him into their cap. Ben retiring takes them from -21M to -2M for 2021.
    We won't anyways. If Ben retires at the end of the year they'll give Mason at least one year based on the week 17 game.

Also that cap number being over is based on a $175 mil cap. There's projections that say it's gonna end up at $198 mil.

Additionally is Ben retires ($19mil in savings), I would fully expect Pouncey to retire ($8mil in cap savings), McDonald to be cut ($8mil savings), and Haden to be cut or take a paycut/extension ($13mil savings if cut, $8ish if taking a pay cut). All of that together gets us to $38mil in cap savings and $17mil under the cap without any restructures or extensions that lower the 2021 cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    and that is where teams/GMs **** up.... i wouldnt give a **** if he was in our division or not....... take the best available overpay that you can... If the Jags offer up the first pick plus you take it... you get a future QB on a rebuilding team at no real cost and more............Id call the jags
    Watson is really, really good though.

I don't think the Texans even want to trade him. But if he forces his way out you certainly don't want to give him to a division rival.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post

I don't think the Texans even want to trade him. But if he forces his way out you certainly don't want to give him to a division rival.
    I dunno though. If the Jags give you both of this years 1sts, next years 1st, 2021 2nd, 2022 2nd, and Josh Allen for DeShaun Watson; I think that might be a win-win for both teams.

Jags don't have to worry about developing a QB and with a bunch of cap room they can sign players to the defense. For the Texans, you get your pick of QB's (I'd go Lawrence), get one of the value OL/DB/EDGE at 21, then a WR in Rd 2? I dunno.....that's a hard offer to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I dunno though. If the Jags give you both of this years 1sts, next years 1st, 2021 2nd, 2022 2nd, and Josh Allen for DeShaun Watson; I think that might be a win-win for both teams.

Jags don't have to worry about developing a QB and with a bunch of cap room they can sign players to the defense. For the Texans, you get your pick of QB's (I'd go Lawrence), get one of the value OL/DB/EDGE at 21, then a WR in Rd 2? I dunno.....that's a hard offer to pass up.
    I don't know why the Jags would pass on Trevor Lawrence AND give up picks for Watson though.

A realistic intra-division trade could probably only involve the Colts.

I don't know why the Jags would pass on Trevor Lawrence AND give up picks for Watson though.

A realistic intra-division trade could probably only involve the Colts.
    Likely. But it's the Jags. Frankly if I'm the Texans I don't trade with the Colts because the picks wouldn't be high enough. If the Texans do this and they like one of this years QB's they should only do it with a top 5 pick involved.

football team... 3 1sts, make it happen... Watson, McLaurin, Gibson, Thomas with that defense, I'd love it.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Likely. But it's the Jags. Frankly if I'm the Texans I don't trade with the Colts because the picks wouldn't be high enough. If the Texans do this and they like one of this years QB's they should only do it with a top 5 pick involved.
    The Texans were bad enough to get the 3rd overall pick this year but it went to the Dolphins because of the Tunsil trade.

If they trade Watson, Houston is a strong contender for the 1st overall pick next year.

The Texans were bad enough to get the 3rd overall pick this year but it went to the Dolphins because of the Tunsil trade.

If they trade Watson, Houston is a strong contender for the 1st overall pick next year.
    If they like one of this classes QBs that much then they should make a move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of you are throwing out some unrealistic trades. You need to put yourself in the Texans shoes AND trading for him.

Eagles - Wentz, Ertz, JJAW and a 5th round pick for Watson and Cunnignham? That's atrocious. The point of trading Watson is to get draft capitol, young cost controlled player(s) while clearing your long term obligations.

Jaguars - Why would the Jags Lawerence and a bunch of picks for Watson? Terrible team with a potential franchise qb on a rookie contract so then you trade him and a bunch of likely high picks for Watson? Terrible trade for the Jags.

Steelers - 3 1sts for Watson. Not a bad trade but it'll be very likely those picks will be near then back end of the 1st round. Not a bad trade for either team but probably need to add a 2nd rounder

Skins - 3 1sts for Watson isn't bad either. This could make them a 10 win team with a bunch of young talent on their roster. Likely a wild card/division winner over the next 3 years. Solid trade for both teams

I only see Watson getting traded if he demands a trade and quite frankly if I was him, I'd demand it. The next few years of this franchise looks very bleak while the rest of the division is getting much better.

Don't sleep on Miami as a possible landing spot for Watson. They will at least do their due diligence but they have the best assets to offer and aren't too far away from contending if you drop Watson in at qb.

If you're getting back a rookie QB who is expected to be as good or better, why not?

Lose to Watson with Lawrence or lose to Lawrence with someguy, what's the difference?
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Jaguars - Why would the Jags Lawerence and a bunch of picks for Watson? Terrible team with a potential franchise qb on a rookie contract so then you trade him and a bunch of likely high picks for Watson? Terrible trade for the Jags.
    If Lawrence turned out to be exactly as good as Watson, the Jags would consider it a very good pick. There's at least a 50% chance Lawrence will be worse than Watson. Trading for a sure thing is a great idea for the Jags.

Yes, the "no rookie contract" part sucks, but the Jags have young players at many other positions who will have left or be expensive by the time Lawrence is really ready to win anyway.

There is a case to be made both for and against it. It's not a "terrible" idea.

Don't sleep on Miami as a possible landing spot for Watson. They will at least do their due diligence but they have the best assets to offer and aren't too far away from contending if you drop Watson in at qb.
    Price is probably too high for Miami, unless Tua is worth more than he should be to the Texans.

Also not sure what the "Miami isn't too far away from contending" bit is, given they were contending this year and only missed the playoffs due to the Steelers resting vs Browns.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Some of you are throwing out some unrealistic trades. You need to put yourself in the Texans shoes AND trading for him.

Eagles - Wentz, Ertz, JJAW and a 5th round pick for Watson and Cunnignham? That's atrocious. The point of trading Watson is to get draft capitol, young cost controlled player(s) while clearing your long term obligations.

Steelers - 3 1sts for Watson. Not a bad trade but it'll be very likely those picks will be near then back end of the 1st round. Not a bad trade for either team but probably need to add a 2nd rounder

Skins - 3 1sts for Watson isn't bad either. This could make them a 10 win team with a bunch of young talent on their roster. Likely a wild card/division winner over the next 3 years. Solid trade for both teams

I only see Watson getting traded if he demands a trade and quite frankly if I was him, I'd demand it. The next few years of this franchise looks very bleak while the rest of the division is getting much better.

Football team could have been a 10 win team THIS year had they played Alex Smith instead of Haskins from the get go, Alex Smith looked bad and they won 5 of the 6 games he started. They just needed something better than Haskins playing like absolute garbage. Add Watson to the team with those solid offensive players with that defense, football team would be a very very good football team.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 01-08-2021 at 10:24 AM.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Some of these proposals are idiotic and pathetic! Hes worth at least two first rounders, a second day draft pick and a player such as another qb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    If Lawrence turned out to be exactly as good as Watson, the Jags would consider it a very good pick. There's at least a 50% chance Lawrence will be worse than Watson. Trading for a sure thing is a great idea for the Jags.

Yes, the "no rookie contract" part sucks, but the Jags have young players at many other positions who will have left or be expensive by the time Lawrence is really ready to win anyway.

There is a case to be made both for and against it. It's not a "terrible" idea.

Price is probably too high for Miami, unless Tua is worth more than he should be to the Texans.

Also not sure what the "Miami isn't too far away from contending" bit is, given they were contending this year and only missed the playoffs due to the Steelers resting vs Browns.
    If I'm the Jags GM trading Lawrence and a bunch of picks for Watson is indeed a terrible idea. If it's Lawrence and a 2021 2nd or 2022 1st maybe but that's about the I'd do. Because the Jags are so bad I would value having Lawrence and all my picks based on the state of the franchise.

Miami - Super Bowl contender*. As a Fins fan I'm not interested in getting into the playoffs and getting bounced wild card weekend. We will more than likely be playing out doors in the cold with possible weather factoring in. So we better have run game/franchise qb/great defense to get us to the AFC Championship to contend.

I'm a big Tua fan and would love to surround him with actual NFL players at WR next season while the o-line continues to progress (hopefully). 3 rookies starting on the o line is a tough task.
    I also love the idea of trading for Watson. Judging by some of the offers in this post, Miami has by far the best assets to trade for him

Quote Originally Posted by brandt View Post
    Some of these proposals are idiotic and pathetic! Hes worth at least two first rounders, a second day draft pick and a player such as another qb.
    You're telling me the Texans won't accept our draft busts and over-the-hill players in exchange for Watson?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast