Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 175
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    21,477
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Didn't you say he was declining and not really worth it earlier this season?
    Watson? Not me

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,434
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Watson? Not me
    No Von.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,583
    Bring back OBrien and maybe they will take Big Ben and a 2nd for Watson.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    21,477
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    No Von.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah but if we got Watson we'd automatically elevate to a contender and Von would be needed on the team

    Regardless I want Von back because I don't want his last season in Denver to have been spent on IR.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,434
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Yeah but if we got Watson we'd automatically elevate to a contender and Von would be needed on the team

    Regardless I want Von back because I don't want his last season in Denver to have been spent on IR.
    They should do a two year extension and convert that $18mil to bonus to spread out the hit and add minimal new money if they do something like that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    21,477
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    They should do a two year extension and convert that $18mil to bonus to spread out the hit and add minimal new money if they do something like that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I don't know how it will get done and it's all up in the air right now because we're hiring a new gm but I would like to see him back

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,510
    Trading for Watson is dangerous. Heís great, but any team trading for him is looking at 2 years of roster depletion with an expensive contract at QB. Itís a big risk. I think the league of expensive QBs is over

    Getting an extremely talented QB on a rookie deal is better than having anyone not a top 3 guy

    Sure Watson is top 5 probably but thatís assuming you have the draft capital to build around him and that contract

    Once you relinquish that itís a mess

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,404
    Wentz+Hurts for Watson.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    12,963
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Trading for Watson is dangerous. Heís great, but any team trading for him is looking at 2 years of roster depletion with an expensive contract at QB. Itís a big risk. I think the league of expensive QBs is over

    Getting an extremely talented QB on a rookie deal is better than having anyone not a top 3 guy

    Sure Watson is top 5 probably but thatís assuming you have the draft capital to build around him and that contract

    Once you relinquish that itís a mess
    a playoff team or a fringe playoff team doesnt really need the draft capital. Youre talking about an elite QB that you could possibly have for 15 years. Watson will be worth every pick any team would give up.

    He lost arguably the best WR in football and his best WR this year was arguably a top 20 WR and threw for 4800 with 33/7 with a completion percentage north of 70% and added 450 and 3TDs on the ground for s&g's. Yea I know "but you wont have 1st round picks the next 3 years" thatds true, but you will have Deshaun Watson.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,267
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    a playoff team or a fringe playoff team doesnt really need the draft capital. Youre talking about an elite QB that you could possibly have for 15 years. Watson will be worth every pick any team would give up.

    He lost arguably the best WR in football and his best WR this year was arguably a top 20 WR and threw for 4800 with 33/7 with a completion percentage north of 70% and added 450 and 3TDs on the ground for s&g's. Yea I know "but you wont have 1st round picks the next 3 years" thatds true, but you will have Deshaun Watson.
    Fuller, Cooks, Cobb and Coutee is still pretty good for a WR group.


    I was curious as to how often Watson picked up yards while being blown out, to see if it was a factor. He's got some weird split stats.

    He was about 70% when up by 1 to 16 pts.
    He was about 70% when down by 1 to 8 pts and 16 to 17+ pts.
    When tied his comp % drops by 10% down to 60%.

    But his comp shoots up to almost 80% when down by 9 to 16 pts, he also got 1k yards in that bracket. He also had 1700 yards when down by a score.


    I'd say he did benefit from being on a losing team. Seemed he was good at almost but not quite coming back when down two scores, which is what prevent defense is all about.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Fuller, Cooks, Cobb and Coutee is still pretty good for a WR group.


    I was curious as to how often Watson picked up yards while being blown out, to see if it was a factor. He's got some weird split stats.

    He was about 70% when up by 1 to 16 pts.
    He was about 70% when down by 1 to 8 pts and 16 to 17+ pts.
    When tied his comp % drops by 10% down to 60%.

    But his comp shoots up to almost 80% when down by 9 to 16 pts, he also got 1k yards in that bracket. He also had 1700 yards when down by a score.


    I'd say he did benefit from being on a losing team. Seemed he was good at almost but not quite coming back when down two scores, which is what prevent defense is all about.
    Fuller/Cooks/Cobb/Coutee is a very underrated group. None of them may be a top 20 WR, but I'd bet they're all top 50. It sucks to not have a legit #1 WR, but he seems to have a whole group of #2 quality guys

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    21,477
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Fuller/Cooks/Cobb/Coutee is a very underrated group. None of them may be a top 20 WR, but I'd bet they're all top 50. It sucks to not have a legit #1 WR, but he seems to have a whole group of #2 quality guys
    I agree it's an underrated group but only 2 of those 4 would be top 50 imo. It just so happens that both of them might be in the 20-35 range

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,161
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I agree it's an underrated group but only 2 of those 4 would be top 50 imo. It just so happens that both of them might be in the 20-35 range
    Yeah, I'm probably overrating Cobb, but Coutee looked pretty damn good when he got to start.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    21,477
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Yeah, I'm probably overrating Cobb, but Coutee looked pretty damn good when he got to start.
    Yeah but he's been in the league for 3 years and hasn't even totaled 85 career receptions yet. Hard to put him or Cobb in the top 50 right now

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,267
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Yeah but he's been in the league for 3 years and hasn't even totaled 85 career receptions yet. Hard to put him or Cobb in the top 50 right now
    Well he was behind Hopkins and Fuller for most of that time. When you're a WR3 you don't get many looks.

    Drafted to a team as a WR1 or WR2, he'd be known more like DJ Chark, DJ Moore, or Deebo Samuel.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •