Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 184
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,997
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    The argument collapses with a fart into 'h-he tried to do a thing!' Who cares the guy is gone now (soon! if he doesn't revolt!). I'll never get over this mass hysteria, over something with such low stakes.
    I've noticed this amongst conservatives defending Trump recently, the dismissal of attempting. Like attempted murder somehow doesn't count because it wasn't actual murder.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,981
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I've noticed this amongst conservatives defending Trump recently, the dismissal of attempting. Like attempted murder somehow doesn't count because it wasn't actual murder.
    Cool story, but I don't think he did or tried to do anything.

    He was just talking to his fans like usual and probably didn't realize how fed up people are with Washington. This in the wake of both parties (but especially the GOP) throwing everyone under the bus with their laughable COVID relief bill. The guy's a billionaire - for as connected as he probably seems to someone like you to his supporters it was never really about him. This is another point that won't be conceded though, as basically everyone who doesn't like Trump thinks he's a cult leader.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,117
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The GOP, even under Trump, did more for the Billionaire class than the Democrats have done. The Billionaire class salivates anytime there is Republican control, so they can get more of those sweet tax cuts (and overseas repatriation, under which the majority of the money is simply payed out to them as dividends).
    While this is true, its about how people, especially his supporters, view him.

    They do view him as being for the working class.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,997
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Cool story, but I don't think he did or tried to do anything.

    He was just talking to his fans like usual and probably didn't realize how fed up people are with Washington. This in the wake of both parties (but especially the GOP) throwing everyone under the bus with their laughable COVID relief bill. The guy's a billionaire - for as connected as he probably seems to someone like you to his supporters it was never really about him. This is another point that won't be conceded though, as basically everyone who doesn't like Trump thinks he's a cult leader.
    He was talking to his fans... in a one on one phone call with a Georgia election official?

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,981
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    He was talking to his fans... in a one on one phone call with a Georgia election official?
    I don't even know what you're talking about, I honestly have been unplugged as far as the whole election rigging/safest election in history thing. I just don't care and there's no point in anyone else caring. It's like worrying about the Russia collusion kabuki theater. Prolefeed.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,715
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I would not deny that the GOP did nothing for their working class base but believe me the oligarchs wouldn't have funded DNC candidates from Biden on down the ballot so heavily if they secretly wanted the Hitler Party with the tax cuts to win. The billionaire class don't care about taxes, they don't pay them.
    Probably time for you to wake up and smell the coffee.

    The oligarchs fund the mainstream of both parties ó more or less equally. They donate, say, 200 million to one and maybe 190 million to the other, and at the end of the day, when either gets into office, they are in the catnirdís seat.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    No it doesn't. Contempt in any form from any person/group toward another person/group puts the brakes on progress. It's one thing to disagree, quite another to hold another in contempt. One allows for movement and compromise the other does not.

    Right now Republican voters think Democrats and their party are evil, corrupt, and stupid, Democrat voters think Republicans and their party are evil, corrupt, and stupid. The end result is stagnation and game playing from both sides against the other and cooperation is seen as a failure.
    I am pretty idealistic and fair minded. However, neo nazis, actual self professed ones, donít merit our respect. You get my point ? Actual hate monger donít.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,997
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I don't even know what you're talking about, I honestly have been unplugged as far as the whole election rigging/safest election in history thing. I just don't care and there's no point in anyone else caring. It's like worrying about the Russia collusion kabuki theater. Prolefeed.
    Then how can you make such definitive claims about something you admittedly know nothing about?

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    13,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Probably time for you to wake up and smell the coffee.

    The oligarchs fund the mainstream of both parties ó more or less equally. They donate, say, 200 million to one and maybe 190 million to the other, and at the end of the day, when either gets into office, they are in the catnirdís seat.
    It is hard to see the big picture from a flea's point of view.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-15-2021 at 01:40 PM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,980
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    I am pretty idealistic and fair minded. However, neo nazis, actual self professed ones, donít merit our respect. You get my point ? Actual hate monger donít.
    You can not respect someone without holding them in contempt, and I was talking about groups, not individuals.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,928
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Then how can you make such definitive claims about something you admittedly know nothing about?
    like that's stopped many of our elected officials
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    39,624
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_eeavqZ8V8

    That's a pretty good summation of why Democrats have allowed people like Trump to take power. The party that "represents" the middle class hasn't done much for that demographic in years. Those years of inaction (and the perception thereof) have hurt the left to the point where Bernie, a self proclaimed democratic socialist, got 43% of the primary vote. That's super dangerous to their battle against the GOP in the future. A house divided doesn't stand correct? Well, there's a ton of fragmentation among Democratic voters and as less is done, it creates more more radical voters both on the left and right.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You can not respect someone without holding them in contempt, and I was talking about groups, not individuals.
    Want to rephrase that ?

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,980
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Want to rephrase that ?
    You can choose to not respect someone without holding them in contempt. Better?

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,980
    I don't know any Republicans who will be sad if the current iteration of the GOP dies by the way. But I don't know any Democrats who particularly like our party all that much either.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •