Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    So we have a failing education system...

My biggest grievance is that someone going to school...come [sic] out being unprepared to live in society and them [sic] complain about it.
    And you are no doubt the perfect example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    And you are no doubt the perfect example of this.
    As you are, positively, proof of the cause of the problem.

As long as any group is completely dismissive of all members of other groups we will never get anywhere.

4. 01-13-2021, 04:00 PM
    Reason
    For christ's sake

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    As long as any group is completely dismissive of all members of other groups we will never get anywhere.
    But it depends on who the other group is.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    But it depends on who the other group is.
    No it doesn't. Contempt in any form from any person/group toward another person/group puts the brakes on progress. It's one thing to disagree, quite another to hold another in contempt. One allows for movement and compromise the other does not.

Right now Republican voters think Democrats and their party are evil, corrupt, and stupid, Democrat voters think Republicans and their party are evil, corrupt, and stupid. The end result is stagnation and game playing from both sides against the other and cooperation is seen as a failure.
    Last edited by Scoots; 01-14-2021 at 08:21 PM.

The GOP under Trump became the party of the working class. The leadership has fought this tooth and nail and now they've gone back to griping about deficits and pretending like democrats don't love war enough (spoiler: they do).

The thing is they don't really have a choice in the matter. The DNC has been fully captured by the billionaire class and the woke mob they herd around to shout down people they don't like. Other than their client groups (like the dependency class) and the rapidly shrinking upper middle class goodthinkers the DNC don't have anything but money. Fortunately that's usually enough in a system as totally corrupt and rotten as ours.

Both parties are totally loathed by even their own voters, it's anybody's guess as to how that shakes out but the safe money is that the DNC will continue to be the billionaire class - and they have essentially declared war on the working and middle classes in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    The GOP under Trump became the party of the working class. The leadership has fought this tooth and nail and now they've gone back to griping about deficits and pretending like democrats don't love war enough (spoiler: they do).

The thing is they don't really have a choice in the matter. The DNC has been fully captured by the billionaire class and the woke mob they herd around to shout down people they don't like. Other than their client groups (like the dependency class) and the rapidly shrinking upper middle class goodthinkers the DNC don't have anything but money. Fortunately that's usually enough in a system as totally corrupt and rotten as ours.

Both parties are totally loathed by even their own voters, it's anybody's guess as to how that shakes out but the safe money is that the DNC will continue to be the billionaire class - and they have essentially declared war on the working and middle classes in 2020.
    The GOP, even under Trump, did more for the Billionaire class than the Democrats have done. The Billionaire class salivates anytime there is Republican control, so they can get more of those sweet tax cuts (and overseas repatriation, under which the majority of the money is simply payed out to them as dividends).

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The GOP, even under Trump, did more for the Billionaire class than the Democrats have done. The Billionaire class salivates anytime there is Republican control, so they can get more of those sweet tax cuts (and overseas repatriation, under which the majority of the money is simply payed out to them as dividends).
    I would not deny that the GOP did nothing for their working class base but believe me the oligarchs wouldn't have funded DNC candidates from Biden on down the ballot so heavily if they secretly wanted the Hitler Party with the tax cuts to win. The billionaire class don't care about taxes, they don't pay them.

You are thinking of the middle and upper middle class, who are you trained to hate.

I would not deny that the GOP did nothing for their working class base but believe me the oligarchs wouldn't have funded DNC candidates from Biden on down the ballot so heavily if they secretly wanted the Hitler Party with the tax cuts to win. The billionaire class don't care about taxes, they don't pay them.

You are thinking of the middle and upper middle class, who are you trained to hate.
    Plenty of those Oligarchs voted for Republicans on down the ballot. The Billionaire class donates pretty much equally to each party:

https://americansfortaxfairness.org/...aire-politics/

Plenty of those Oligarchs voted for Republicans on down the ballot. The Billionaire class donates pretty much equally to each party:

https://americansfortaxfairness.org/...aire-politics/
    Yes everyone is aware the uniparty is bought and paid for. Add in the dark money and the free media coverage in literally every single legacy media outlet (except perhaps Fox, who have thrown Trump under the bus now) and it's not even close. This is such a facile conversation because it's clear everyday (especially now) how much the entire system hates Trump and especially his voters - they are literally talking about criminalizing being a Trump supporter.

This is generally how your schtick goes, missing the forest for the trees.

Yes everyone is aware the uniparty is bought and paid for. Add in the dark money and the free media coverage in literally every single legacy media outlet (except perhaps Fox, who have thrown Trump under the bus now) and it's not even close. This is such a facile conversation because it's clear everyday (especially now) how much the entire system hates Trump and especially his voters - they are literally talking about criminalizing being a Trump supporter.

This is generally how your schtick goes, missing the forest for the trees.
    As opposed to your schtick, which is warning us of this totalitarian government while turning a blind eye to Trump's totalitarian actions and desires.

You said you planned to vote for him, the guy who said the President has absolute authority to do whatever he wants. Such rhetoric is something you generally absolutely rail against.

But because it's Trump, you not only excuse it, you go along with it. You will be yelling about how we should be afraid of our Government turning into Nazis all the way to when you're goose stepping into the future.

Your dire warnings are hollow because we see you don't actually care about this possibility so much as you care that it's the left that may lead it.

As opposed to your schtick, which is warning us of this totalitarian government while turning a blind eye to Trump's totalitarian actions and desires.

You said you planned to vote for him, the guy who said the President has absolute authority to do whatever he wants. Such rhetoric is something you generally absolutely rail against.

But because it's Trump, you not only excuse it, you go along with it. You will be yelling about how we should be afraid of our Government turning into Nazis all the way to when you're goose stepping into the future.

Your dire warnings are hollow because we see you don't actually care about this possibility so much as you care that it's the left that may lead it.
    Lol, it's cheap but I do just like to get you into a lather. And I'm pretty sure I've told you many times but I'm not Trump supporter. I've said he was incompetent (he was) and mostly just in it for himself (not himself for the money, that's stupid because the ruling class is going to persecute him for this, just in it for his narcissism). You probably get confused because I think he's funny because he makes people like you freak out. I guess we have that in common.

It's just ridiculous to think of Trump as an authoritarian. There's no point arguing because I'll never convince you but I'll just say he's the most pathetic authoritarian ever if he is one. He got basically no major legislative wins, consistently followed all the ridiculous court orders that stalled his agenda (something many Presidents have just ignored in the past including such Nazis as FDR, Lincoln, and Jackson among many others) and after his supporters stormed the Capitol he just ran away.

All that said he's still the best President of my life by far because he did very little damage the people and he did a lot of damage, just by being himself, to our media and our permanent bureaucracy or deep state. He also didn't start any wars which is something no other President in my life has done, and was my primary voting issue before I realized this is all going to go poof in my lifetime.

Lol, it's cheap but I do just like to get you into a lather. And I'm pretty sure I've told you many times but I'm not Trump supporter. I've said he was incompetent (he was) and mostly just in it for himself (not himself for the money, that's stupid because the ruling class is going to persecute him for this, just in it for his narcissism). You probably get confused because I think he's funny because he makes people like you freak out. I guess we have that in common.

It's just ridiculous to think of Trump as an authoritarian. There's no point arguing because I'll never convince you but I'll just say he's the most pathetic authoritarian ever if he is one. He got basically no major legislative wins, consistently followed all the ridiculous court orders that stalled his agenda (something many Presidents have just ignored in the past including such Nazis as FDR, Lincoln, and Jackson among many others) and after his supporters stormed the Capitol he just ran away.

All that said he's still the best President of my life by far because he did very little damage the people and he did a lot of damage, just by being himself, to our media and our permanent bureaucracy or deep state. He also didn't start any wars which is something no other President in my life has done, and was my primary voting issue before I realized this is all going to go poof in my lifetime.
    First Bolded: Trust me, you are not getting me into a lather. You are my most consistent source of entertainment on this site. It's like reading the funny writing on a bathroom wall, except less intelligent.

Second Bolded: You literally said you were voting for Trump this election.

Third Bolded: Those are not mutually exclusive concepts, one can be both an authoritarian and a bad one. But even if he is simply attempted to be an authoritarian, he still said and did things which you would rail against were he anyone else (particularly from a Democrat). I can only imagine the apoplectic rage you'd have if Obama said he had absolute authority to do whatever he wanted, or literally called a Georgia election official on the phone and told him to fabricate votes to declare him the winner.

Fourth Bolded: Yes, it doesn't sound like you're a Trump supporter at all...

Not sure whether or is more appropriate here.

First Bolded: Trust me, you are not getting me into a lather. You are my most consistent source of entertainment on this site. It's like reading the funny writing on a bathroom wall, except less intelligent.

Second Bolded: You literally said you were voting for Trump this election.

Third Bolded: Those are not mutually exclusive concepts, one can be both an authoritarian and a bad one. But even if he is simply attempted to be an authoritarian, he still said and did things which you would rail against were he anyone else (particularly from a Democrat). I can only imagine the apoplectic rage you'd have if Obama said he had absolute authority to do whatever he wanted, or literally called a Georgia election official on the phone and told him to fabricate votes to declare him the winner.

Fourth Bolded: Yes, it doesn't sound like you're a Trump supporter at all...
    The argument collapses with a fart into 'h-he tried to do a thing!' Who cares the guy is gone now (soon! if he doesn't revolt!). I'll never get over this mass hysteria, over something with such low stakes.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast