Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Bogaerts only got 120 for 6 years.
    Bogaerts is atrocious defensively fwiw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Bogaerts is atrocious defensively fwiw

Atrocious? Really?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think PSD has an embedded tweet problem. I'm not seeing the ones I post or the ones others post.
    Dilligaf

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Dilligaf
    Just saying.

Atrocious? Really?
    -6 OAA combined the past two seasons -63 DRS for his career. (-19 the past two seasons)

He should be a second or third baseman
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

-6 OAA combined the past two seasons -63 DRS for his career. (-19 the past two seasons)

NO, we do not need someone like that. This team needs to always improve defensively while not giving up much offensively. We don't need to add too much more offense because we already are one of the most prolific offenses in MLB at this point in time. LeMahieu, Bryant or Arenado to go with Lindor and McNeil in the IF. A defensive first CF to spell or platoon with Nimmo. We can live with Smith or J.D. Davis stinking it up in LF when Nimmo isn't playing there until the DH arrives in 2022. One of Smith and J.D. need to be traded. Smith would bring back a good player or pitcher. J.D. probably some minor AAA depth utility player(s) or middle innings reliever.

He's a middle of the road defensive shortstop, he's 13th in dWAR since 2017.

His fWAR since 2017 is 16.8, Lindor's is 19.4.
    Story, Semein and Machado are all in the 14's. Xander has a wOBA of .363 and is 2nd to only Story who has a .367.

I am not suggesting paying Lindor 120 million however...

He's a middle of the road defensive shortstop, he's 13th in dWAR since 2017.

His fWAR since 2017 is 16.8, Lindor's is 19.4.
    Story, Semein and Machado are all in the 14's. Xander has a wOBA of .363 and is 2nd to only Story who has a .367.

I am not suggesting paying Lindor 120 million however...
    Bogaerts would definitely be an improvement over Davis and McNeill at 3b. McNeil needs to stay at 2b. Lindor of course at ss. 1b, well of course Alonso in 2021 without the DH. In 2022, perhaps Alonso becomes the permanent DH.

Most regular-season starts of at least 7.0 IP while allowing no more than 1 ER since 2017:

Jacob deGrom: 37
    Aaron Nola: 32
    Gerrit Cole: 29
    Clayton Kershaw: 27
    Justin Verlander: 25
    Max Scherzer: 25
    Zack Greinke: 25
    Trevor Bauer: 25
    Carlos Carrasco: 23

#wegotournumbertwo
    I like these numbers...can you pull the numbers for 7 innings of 2 ER or less? Or direct me to where I can?

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I like these numbers...can you pull the numbers for 7 innings of 2 ER or less? Or direct me to where I can?

Fangraphs

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Maybe this has been posted before, I did not look . The one negative with Lindor is that he is not that good hitting with runners in scoring position. In 2020 he was 11th on the team. In 2019 he hit 202, in 2018-281, in 2017-277,in 2016-244.

He might be looking at a 10 year contract at $30 per. Would you pay him that ? I could be mistaken, but I don't think Mike Trout got that amount .
    Just want to point out to my good buddy that the ability to hit with RISP above and beyond overall numbers has never been shown to be a repeatable skill. Similarly when they fall it's likely due to small sample size.

In other words, I wouldn't be too concerned with his RISP numbers. As long ss he continues to hit, those numbers should fall in line accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Just want to point out to my good buddy that the ability to hit with RISP above and beyond overall numbers has never been shown to be a repeatable skill. Similarly when they fall it's likely due to small sample size.

In other words, I wouldn't be too concerned with his RISP numbers. As long ss he continues to hit, those numbers should fall in line accordingly.
    It is a gamble. Overpay now or lose him later. Lindor is a great player and has tremendous personality and character. But we have others on this team who have that too and don't forget Conforto. He will need to be paid. How many $30M players can a team have? We already have deGrom. If you give $30M AAV contracts to those 3 players over a long term deal, what is left to fill out the rest of the roster. I think the Mets will want to see what Lindor does this year before committing many years at $30M. Dollars per WAR or some other metric is what they will go by and Lindor did have an "off" year during the 2020 weird baseball season.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    It is a gamble. Overpay now or lose him later. Lindor is a great player and has tremendous personality and character. But we have others on this team who have that too and don't forget Conforto. He will need to be paid. How many $30M players can a team have? We already have deGrom. If you give $30M AAV contracts to those 3 players over a long term deal, what is left to fill out the rest of the roster. I think the Mets will want to see what Lindor does this year before committing many years at $30M. Dollars per WAR or some other metric is what they will go by and Lindor did have an "off" year during the 2020 weird baseball season.
    Please don't put Conforto in the same conversation as Lindor. Conforto is a nice player who has put up good numbers.

Lindor is a generational talent who appears to be HOF bound.

You're right about 2020 though. Who knows what to make from that crap show?

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Please don't put Conforto in the same conversation as Lindor. Conforto is a nice player who has put up good numbers.

Lindor is a generational talent who appears to be HOF bound.

You're right about 2020 though. Who knows what to make from that crap show?
    To be fair, Conforto is a much better hitter and it’s not even close.

To be fair, Conforto is a much better hitter and it’s not even close.

Horse bunk. Throw out small sample anomaly 2020 and it's very close. Then you're comparing a Gold Glove SS with a decent corner OFer.

Take a walk, son.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast